1. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 May '07 10:213 edits
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Lol, if you're going to throw question begging axioms around you're not even debating. The title assumes nothing of the sort. It assumes that the bible claims evil exists and asks what its origin is. Debate about the actual ontology of evil are perfectly reasonable, especially when the thread evolves thereafter. When you make claims like 'evil is empiri an expect me to not only think you're an imbecile, but also that you're dj2becker's twin.
    Dude you are one heck of a loser. All the empirical evidence points to the existence of evil. Rape, murder, lying, stealing, fighting etc. etc. etc. I could go on till I am blue in the face. All these things point towards the existance of evil.

You on the other hand claim that evil does not exist. So you have to prove your statement to be true. Go for it. And good luck, you need it.

PS: I am looking for emprirical evidence that evil does not exist.
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    08 May '07 10:38
    evil n.2 rare (Shakes.). Only in E17. [Origin unkn.] A privy, a lavatory.
  3. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 May '07 10:50
    Originally posted by Phuzudaka
    Dude you are one heck of a loser. All the empirical evidence points to the existence of evil. Rape, murder, lying, stealing, fighting etc. etc. etc. I could go on till I am blue in the face. All these things point towards the existance of evil.

You on the other hand claim that evil does not exist. So you have to prove your statement to be true. Go for ...[text shortened]... nd good luck, you need it.

PS: I am looking for emprirical evidence that evil does not exist.
    Firstly, conjecture upon events does not constitute either emprical verification, nor certain cause. Secondly how can you have empirical evidence for the non-existence of something? And thirdly, I'm denying the existence of 'Evil' based upon a lack of evidence, I have no burden of proof whatsoever. Show me the evidence and I'll change my mind, until then, to believe evil exists as a reified entity would be faith or falsity.

You clearly don't really understand what empirically verifiable actually means.
  4. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:01
    Firstly, conjecture upon events does not constitute either emprical verification, nor certain cause. Secondly how can you have empirical evidence for the non-existence of something? And thirdly, I'm denying the existence of 'Evil' based upon a lack of evidence, I have no burden of proof whatsoever. Show me the evidence and I'll change my mind, until then ...[text shortened]... falsity.

You clearly don't really understand what empirically verifiable actually means.
    If you cannot answer this question, I'm through with you...

What will qualify as evidence for the existance of evil?
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:16
    If you cannot answer this question, I'm through with you...

What will qualify as evidence for the existance of evil?
    Repeatable, measureable observation, leading to a parsimonious conclusion should do it.
  6. Joined
    21 Apr '07
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:32
    Repeatable, measureable observation, leading to a parsimonious conclusion should do it.
    Ok. Fine. Let is probe to see whether or not you are consistant in your beliefs.

Do you believe that the Big Bang theory is a fact?
  7. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:34
    Ok. Fine. Let is probe to see whether or not you are consistant in your beliefs.

Do you believe that the Big Bang theory is a fact?
    Can anyone spell 'tangent'? How about we stick to the subject instead of starting new ones; where is your empirical verification for Evil?
  8. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:41
    where is your empirical verification for Evil?
    Leeds?
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    08 May '07 11:44
    Originally posted by dottewell
    Leeds?
    Dammit, there goes my argument...
  10. Joined
    18 Feb '07
    Moves
    08 May '07 13:55
    What claims did I make?
    ok... it's obvious you're just wasting my time. I'm done playing games with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree