Where do you put your Faith?

Where do you put your Faith?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Faith without works is dead. This has been repeated in different words by Christ and all the Aposlles. Therefore dead faith is faith without good works, while living faith includes good works. Dead faith ends up in eternal destruction while living faith leads to eternal life.

I have said nothing about my own righteousness so I will treat that like the win ...[text shortened]... u off the hook of having to do good works, but God is not fooled and you will reap what you sow.
Good works is a natural outworking of true faith. The question is not should we do good works but rather wherein lies your faith? And what saves you? Your own righteousness or the righteousness of Christ?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

Good works is not necessarily the natural outflow of faith. It sometimes is and sometimes it is not. Hence the reason why James and many other Apostles took the trouble to explain it. If it were the natural outflow as you claim then there would no need to explain it and expound on the importance of doing good works.
Good works is not necessarily the natural outflow of faith.

Where is that written in the Bible?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
[b]Good works is not necessarily the natural outflow of faith.

Where is that written in the Bible?[/b]
You need proof that not all those who profess faith do good works?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

Good works is a natural outworking of true faith. The question is not should we do good works but rather wherein lies your faith? And what saves you? Your own righteousness or the righteousness of Christ?
Jesus saves and Jesus stated who enters the Kingdom of God. He was not vague but crystal clear on that issue. Let me know if you need proof.

So where does Jesus say : ".. The question is not should we do good works but rather wherein lies your faith? And what saves you? Your own righteousness or the righteousness of Christ?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

You need proof that not all those who profess faith do good works?
Not everyone who professes faith has genuine faith. Good works is evidence of genuine faith.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

Not everyone who professes faith has genuine faith. Good works is evidence of genuine faith.
Nobody knows who does good works and who does not. This little fact is known only to God and Jesus. All we know of a man who says he is a Christian and believes in Jesus Christ, is that HE PROFESSES FAITH. You know nothing else. You know nothing about whether he has genuine faith or otherwise. So it is a useless claim to state that not everyone who professes faith has genuine faith because you are going into the unknown.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16
1 edit

Jesus saves and Jesus stated who enters the Kingdom of God. He was not vague but crystal clear on that issue. Let me know if you need proof.

So where does Jesus say : ".. The question is not should we do good works but rather wherein lies your faith? And what saves you? Your own righteousness or the righteousness of Christ?

Does Jesus save those who do good works with no faith or those who have faith and thus do good works?

So where does Jesus say ...

It is a question that I asked you, not something Jesus said.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

Nobody knows who does good works and who does not. This little fact is known only to God and Jesus. All we know of a man who says he is a Christian and believes in Jesus Christ, is that HE PROFESSES FAITH. You know nothing else. You know nothing about whether he has genuine faith or otherwise. So it is a useless claim to state that not everyone who professes faith has genuine faith because you are going into the unknown.
So are you saying we are only saved by our good works and not by faith?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

So are you saying we are only saved by our good works and not by faith?
Did you miss my post where I said :

The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to follow the rules of Jesus Christ,

Is there something you dont understand about what I said?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

Did you miss my post where I said :

The only way to get into the Kingdom of God is to follow the rules of Jesus Christ,

Is there something you dont understand about what I said?
So what are these rules? Care to name them?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

So what are these rules? Care to name them?
If you are professed Christian and you do not know what Jesus preached then you are a liar.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

If you are professed Christian and you do not know what Jesus preached then you are a liar.
When did I say I do not know what Jesus preached. I recall him preaching a lot more than just a few rules. You brought up the 'rules of Jesus' thing. So can you name the 'rules of Jesus'?

Moves
29 Nov 16

Ah-ha! Rakj999 has fallen for my cunning trap.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
29 Nov 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Ah-ha! Rakj999 has fallen for my cunning trap.
So this is just fun and games for you? Do you not think this discussion is important? Do you have anything worthwhile that you would like to contribute?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Nov 16

When did I say I do not know what Jesus preached. I recall him preaching a lot more than just a few rules. You brought up the 'rules of Jesus' thing. So can you name the 'rules of Jesus'?
Matt 5, 6 and 7 are a good place to start. Jesus speaks of all those who are blessed and who will enter the Kingdom. Matt 25 tells exactly how he will judge people.All of his rules revolve around showing love and compassion to those in need. The Good Samaritan, Lazarus and the Rich Man, similarly speaks of the same thing.

The Apostles say all the law can be summarized iin the following .. love thy neighbour as thyself. Paul spoke at length about good works and living righteously otherwise the Chrristian who professes faith will not get into the Kingdom of God.