1. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 07:361 edit
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    If his body is in heaven ,wouldn't his body have to be homeomorphic, to both heaven and earth?
    I probably wrote that wrong , since I was only trying to say :

If his body could be in heaven or on earth , that would make heaven homeomorphic with at least part of the 3 dimensions that contains the universe which the earth in .

for heaven to have the property to contain matter , it would by necessity, have to allow gauge fields to pass through it.
  2. R.I.P.
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 21:36
    Well I personelly believe that Jesus's body is buried in Indian.
    Here is a site that has a lot of information on a Saint called Issa. The argument is that Issa & Jesus are one and the same. Issa's teachings are very simliar to Jesus. His documented life seems to fit well within the biblical story of Jesus and fills the missing gaps that are not in the bible. Plus it offers a feasible ending to Jesus's life rather than the ascended to heaven rubbish.
    Enjoy!

http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 22:09
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Well I personelly believe that Jesus's body is buried in Indian.
    Here is a site that has a lot of information on a Saint called Issa. The argument is that Issa & Jesus are one and the same. Issa's teachings are very simliar to Jesus. His documented life seems to fit well within the biblical story of Jesus and fills the missing gaps that are not in the ...[text shortened]... life rather than the ascended to heaven rubbish.
    Enjoy!

http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm
    The site says Jesus survived the Cruxifixion despite being stabbed in the heart with a spear, and that he lived to be 120 years old...

I mean, do I even need to waste time refuting this nonsense?
  4. R.I.P.
    Moves
    27 Mar '05 22:491 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    The site says Jesus survived the Cruxifixion despite being stabbed in the heart with a spear, and that he lived to be 120 years old...

I mean, do I even need to waste time refuting this nonsense?
    This is what the site says on the stabbing in the heart

Lets examine the issue of the lance that was thrust into Jesus side and the question of the vinegar that was given to him, after which he gave up the ghost. Kersten (p. 249) points out that the original Greek word for the thrust by the soldier is nyssein. That word does not suggest a forceful thrust. The word means a light scratch, or a light puncture of the skin. This was considered a test designed to determine if the victim was actually dead. If the victim showed no reaction to this light stabbing, then it was assumed that the victim had died. The second issue has to do with the vinegar given to Jesus by the Centurion:

Perhaps you read a different site ?
  5. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:05
    Where is Jesus' body?
    Didn't we eat it?
  6. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:28
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    This is what the site says on the stabbing in the heart

Lets examine the issue of the lance that was thrust into Jesus side and the question of the vinegar that was given to him, after which he gave up the ghost. Kersten (p. 249) points out that the original Greek word for the thrust by the soldier is nyssein. That word does not suggest a forceful thru ...[text shortened]... s to do with the vinegar given to Jesus by the Centurion:

Perhaps you read a different site ?
    Do you honestly think a Roman solider in risk of dying if he let a prisoner down alive would 'prick' (in modern day English) a prisoner?

But the most convincing evidence that Jesus was pierced in the heart is that out of the wound came 'blood and water'. Due to loss of blood and shock, a protective, clear layer of fluid had formed around his heart, and it looked like water. John would need modern day medical knowledge to know about this.
  7. In your face
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:38
    I can't understand all this hype aabout Jesus's body. Isn't it suppose to be the soul that's important here?
    Just a thought peeps.😛
  8. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:46
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I can't understand all this hype aabout Jesus's body. Isn't it suppose to be the soul that's important here?
    Just a thought peeps.😛
    No. If Jesus did not ascend bodily into Heaven, then all of Christianity is a lie.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 01:58
    No. If Jesus did not ascend bodily into Heaven, then all of Christianity is a lie.
    Why would you throw out Jesus' teachings on love, obedience to God, etc.?
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 02:09
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Why would you throw out Jesus' teachings on love, obedience to God, etc.?
    Because Jesus would have been the biggest and most cruel liar in history. That isn't love. And because 'bearing false witness' is not obediance to God.
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 03:08
    This is your greatest failing, Darfius.

If He didn't ascend, then all that means is He didn't ascend.

That doesn't invalidate any of His teachings, His Message, or His
    ministry.

The clinging to literalism (even though you aren't a literalist, clearly)
    is desparation. The miraculous stories are the least important
    data in the Bible. The message of love for all and especially for those
    in need is the most important, for in living a life of living faith is true
    salvation.

Nemesio
  12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 05:14
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    This is your greatest failing, Darfius.

If He didn't ascend, then all that means is He didn't ascend.

That doesn't invalidate any of His teachings, His Message, or His
    ministry.

The clinging to literalism (even though you aren't a literalist, clearly)
    is desparation. The miraculous stories are the least important
    data in the Bible. ...[text shortened]... need is the most important, for in living a life of living faith is true
    salvation.

Nemesio
    No, Nemesio. If He didn't ascend bodily into Heaven, then the claims he made were wrong. And He was a liar. And man really is on this rock for no reason and when we die that's it.

There is no hope if Jesus didn't rise again.

But He did.
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 05:43
    No, Nemesio. If He didn't ascend bodily into Heaven, then the claims he made were wrong. And He was a liar. And man really is on this rock for no reason and when we die that's it.

No, it only makes St Luke an embellisher. Please recall that embellishing stories is
    part of 1st-century writing tradition.

How could the 'Prodigal Son' be 'wrong' if he didn't ascend to heaven?

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 07:13
    This thread gives me an IDEA!!!!.
    Why don't you and rbhill put up vacations flags and look everywhere for his body. take photos of everything, to prove to the world his body ain't on earth. 🙂

oh btw take bf101 with yall
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Mar '05 07:42

But He did.

Why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree