1. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 19:10
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Remember this incident when she gets married and wants you to spend $1000 to hire a string quartet to play Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring at the wedding.
    I'll do it for $150!
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    03 Jan '06 19:46
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    I'll do it for $150!
    Do you know what the Elvis Chapel would rent for? I know you did not include your air fare. I think I can still get by cheaper in the Elvis Chapel and an IPod. I can just hear her now, "Oh Daddy, how can I be Cinderella for a day in the Elvis Chapel with an IPod."
  3. The sky
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 18:14
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Ooo ooo ooo...............

Which? Der Tag, der ist so freudenreich? Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ? Von Himmel
    hoch? Puer natus in Bethlehem? Von Himmel kam der Engel Schar? In dulci jubilo?

And what instruments? Where was this done? During your service?

Nemesio
    An den Wasserflüssen Babylon (in an early and a later version)
    Gott durch deine Güte / Gottes Sohn ist kommen
    In dulci jubilo
    Herzlich tut mich verlangen
    Das alte Jahr vergangen ist

I think that's it. Instruments: Recorder (soprano/treble/tenor), oboe, violin, viola, cello, harpsichord, in varying combinations. We played them at home, just for fun. My brother (who is a musicologist) is studying them because he is lecturing on Bach's organ music (in his lectures he also plays the organ).
  4. The sky
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 20:06
    Originally posted by stocken
    Oh! oh! And I saw a nordlys as you call it, just the other day. Awesome. It was like a smuthered ribbon stretching from one horizon to the next. Greenish. I guess in northern Sweden they see this more often than I do 'cause they weren't very impressed. hä hä 🙂

🙂 There must have been a wonderful multi-coloured nordlys here while I was in Germany, a colleague told me about it. 🙁

What was this thread about again?.. Right. RBHill.

Woops. I thought it was about LPs, Bach and the aurora borealis.
  5. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '06 20:161 edit
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    🙂 There must have been a wonderful multi-coloured nordlys here while I was in Germany, a colleague told me about it. 🙁

[b]What was this thread about again?.. Right. RBHill.

Woops. I thought it was about LPs, Bach and the aurora borealis.[/b]
    ...and northern lights 🙂

--- edit ---

oh, wait. I'm so embarrased. Aurora borealis is northern lights. Isn't it? 😳

(too bad there's no smiley that looks ashamed but not sad)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree