1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 08:12
    So we as a race are up to a couple hundred MILLION people killed either for religious reasons or through the thuggery of war like the communist pogroms in Cambodia or China or Russia and the Armenian genocide or the Jewish genocide.

Now that means that around 2 percent of the ENTIRE human race has died violently.

Your god goes, THOU SHALT NOT KILL.

Ok, sounds reasonable.

So theists, with the known fact that at the 2 percent level, there was never a world wide outcry from the leaders of the worlds religions, no outrage at this killing, like where was the pope in 1944 descrying the deaths of Jews, You know, those people who should be seen as your religious mentors, your first 5 books of the bible you all hold so dear written by Jews, yet your brothers in religion killed by the millions produced no god inspired outrage at this wanton rejection of that commandment 'thou shalt not kill'.

So we see that your god does not care that 2 percent of the entire human race has died violently, so what is your estimate of when your god would come down and directly say, ENOUGH KILLING ALREADY.

Would that be 20 percent? So what if we were so outrageously stupid as to get into a world war using the thousands of nukes and we off say 90% of the human race and most of the land animals in the process. Would you theists believe your god would come down then?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 10:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So we as a race are up to a couple hundred MILLION people killed either for religious reasons or through the thuggery of war like the communist pogroms in Cambodia or China or Russia and the Armenian genocide or the Jewish genocide.

Now that means that around 2 percent of the ENTIRE human race has died violently.

...[text shortened]... ost of the land animals in the process. Would you theists believe your god would come down then?
    why would you expect the atheistic Khmer rouge to apply the Bibles command, not to kill? You are seriously falling into fiction my good man, get those marbles checked!
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 10:281 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    why would you expect the atheistic Khmer rouge to apply the Bibles command, not to kill? You are seriously falling into fiction my good man, get those marbles checked!
    So in other words, your god allows non-christians to kill at will, Thou shalt not kill only applies to Christians. I'll remember that, thank you for that. That truly explains why those hundred million were killed. I'll have to go easier on your god now that I know that.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 10:33
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So in other words, your god allows non-christians to kill at will, Thou shalt not kill only applies to Christians. I'll remember that, thank you for that. That truly explains why those hundred million were killed. I'll have to go easier on your god now that I know that.
    everyone has free will, i thought that was obvious, not obvious enough apparently.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 10:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    everyone has free will, i thought that was obvious, not obvious enough apparently.
    So free will can be taken only so far. What level of violence is acceptable for your god?

Right now it's clicking around 2% of the whole human race killed through religious or sectarian violence.

That is clearly not enough to invoke a royal response from your god. So what would that level be then? 20% dead? 70%? 99%? It seems to me the number could be 100% with no response from your god. What number would you expect something to be done about the killing? Would 100% dead be ok with you? I guess it would be ok with you since your 144,000 would get their place in eternity, eh.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 14:312 edits

Ok, sounds reasonable.

Reasonable that we have all sinned and are breakers of the law of God to "Do no murder."

Maybe the 27 books of the New Testament have something to do with this need to be saved from our transgressions of God's law. Think ?

Oh, Pol Pot ? A atheist utopia. Pure body count , atheism has the big numbers of killed people for their cause .

How many were killed in the Salem Witch Trials ? I think around 13.

How many in the Spanish Inquisition ? I think a few thousand executed. That's a few thousand too many of course.

I think the bigger numbers are with the Athiest utopian ideologies such as Stalin's Soviet Union or Mao's cultural revolution.

Anyway bad stuff done by Atheists does not prove God exists.
    Nor does bad stuff done by religious folk prove God doesn't.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:04
    Originally posted by sonship
    [quote] So we as a race are up to a couple hundred MILLION people killed either for religious reasons or through the thuggery of war like the communist pogroms in Cambodia or China or Russia and the Armenian genocide or the Jewish genocide.

Your god goes, THOU SHALT NOT K ...[text shortened]... heists does not prove God exists.
    Cambodia was also an agricultural utopia, can you prove whether it was 'atheism' or 'agriculture' which was responsible for the slaughter?
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 15:25
    [quote] So we as a race are up to a couple hundred MILLION people killed either for religious reasons or through the thuggery of war like the communist pogroms in Cambodia or China or Russia and the Armenian genocide or the Jewish genocide.

Your god goes, THOU SHALT NOT K ...[text shortened]... heists does not prove God exists.
    You notice, maybe, that I said both religious and non religious causes of murder. I wasn't trying to make any case for or against religious violence. I was saying your god seems to think it not worthy of a response when a mere 2% of the population has been murdered for whatever reason.

My question which you cleverly sidestepped is what level do you think your alleged god would directly intervene in murder? What level would that be, 30% of the population dead? 60? 90? 99.999999? What does it take for your god to get directly involved to stop the slaughter of innocents?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:233 edits
    My question which you cleverly sidestepped is what level do you think your alleged god would directly intervene in murder? What level would that be, 30% of the population dead? 60? 90? 99.999999? What does it take for your god to get directly involved to stop the slaughter of innocents?

It is hard for me to provide hard statistics on either how many murders were intervened in by God and to what degree or how many did not occur because of either :

Someone's prayers interceding for the victim,

The conscience of the attacker being touched by something of what was heard in the Bible or known intuitively about my God.

These kinds of things are hard to collect statistics on.

I do know that in my God's world there is a final judgment.
    And in your godless evolutionary system there is not.
    In your system every evil doer will simply melt away into the dust of the earth with no ultimate accountability.

Other than have people like you grip now and then, in your godless system there is NO final accounting to a moral Governor of the universe.

In reality though there will be a last judgment of all mankind.
    It is a far better system because of that.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Oct '13 19:27
    What does it take for your god to get directly involved to stop the slaughter of innocents?

We've been here before I think.

Tell me - you must be vehemently Pro Life?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 04:06
    What does it take for your god to get directly involved to stop the slaughter of innocents?

We've been here before I think.

Tell me - you must be vehemently Pro Life?
    Actually, he is pro-choice. He believes he knows when it is okay to kill, murder, or whatever word he may use for it. He wants to be the decider-in-chief.

The Instructor
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 04:491 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Actually, he is pro-choice. He believes he knows when it is okay to kill, murder, or whatever word he may use for it. He wants to be the decider-in-chief.

The Instructor
    Have you been drinking? All of us need to see this post, and what led up to it.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 05:45
    Originally posted by JS357
    Have you been drinking? All of us need to see this post, and what led up to it.
    It is not just one post. If you want to see them, then look them up.

The Instructor
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 07:48

It is hard for me to provide hard statistics on eit ...[text shortened]... hough there will be a last judgment of all mankind.
    It is a far better system because of that.
    That last statement is where you get into pure fantasy land. You can't comprehend 100 million murders and you say you don't know how many murders were intervened by god. If they were intervened at all there wouldn't be 100 million murders. You can't have it both ways, either your god intervened or it did not. I am saying it did not otherwise there would have never been 100 million or more murders, no Armenian genocide or Jewish genocide or the forced conversion to Islam and all the murder that goes with that.

The biggest lie of all is the 'final judgement'. There will not be a final judgement because there is no final judge. If there was, it would be outraged at those hundreds of millions of deaths and maybe it would have come down and decided humans aren't worth the effort. That may be the message anyway, that humans are not worth the effort to intervene, assuming there is your version of a god in the first place.

I am saying it is up to humans how we develop, that has been the case for 2000 years with no intervention by your god and it will be the same 2000 years from now and 20,000 years from now and 20 MILLION years from now.

Your judgement day is a lie.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Oct '13 15:05
    The God inspired outrage is there. Just listen and look.

The Instructor

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree