1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 06:541 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Their are so many verse taht Jesus says about a relatioship with God.
    Like I in he and stuff like that. or Rev. 3:20
    Wrong again RB.

Rev 3:20 reads, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Only a utterly literal reading could possible give the meaning you try to wrest from this passage. Context clearly shows this is a metaphor not a literal passage. Jesus doesn't literally knock on your damn door and eat all your food.
  2. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 07:06
    And was Adam and Eve in a Religion or a Relationship?

Clearly God made them so flawed that even being in their immediate presence they
    didn't get it. And yet you have the audacity to think that, 1900 years after Jesus
    has bodily left this earth, your cult has the answers.

It's laughable.

I know by Fact for what the Word of God says. I know by experence too.

Actually, you repeatedly demonstrate profound and willful ignorance of what the
    Bible says.

Nemesio
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 07:09
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    [b]And was Adam and Eve in a Religion or a Relationship?

Clearly God made them so flawed that even being in their immediate presence they
    didn't get it. And yet you have the audacity to think that, 1900 years after Jesus
    has bodily left this earth, your cult has the answers.

It's laughable.

I know by Fac ...[text shortened]... you repeatedly demonstrate profound and willful ignorance of what the
    Bible says.

Nemesio
    why do you refer to RB as being in a cult? what reasons do you have?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 07:24
    Originally posted by buckky
    Which one of the many Christian Denominations has the correct Truth ? Why so many ? Is there confusion in the Christian faith ?
    As expected the discussion quickly descends into claims by each one that thier beliefs are the most correct (and closest to the Bible). Including claims that all Christians agree on some central statements (false) and others implying that many of the denominations are actually not Christian, or refering to denominations as religions or cults.

None of the Christians seem to be answering the two questions relating to why.

If the Bible is Gods word, then why is it so hard to understand (decoder ring required) and why do so many people claim to understand it but each have a different interpretation. Is only one person completely correct or are all wrong about something? If so many people have a 'personal relationship with God' why are those relationships so different?
    How many are faking it? How many are believing half heartedly? Many Christians I know dont act like they really belive what they are saying and some have admited to faking some of thier actions / beliefs in order to gain acceptance / friends etc.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:09
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As expected the discussion quickly descends into claims by each one that thier beliefs are the most correct (and closest to the Bible). Including claims that all Christians agree on some central statements (false) and others implying that many of the denominations are actually not Christian, or refering to denominations as religions or cults.

None of t ...[text shortened]... e admited to faking some of thier actions / beliefs in order to gain acceptance / friends etc.
    The Bible is a difficult book to read and understand in its entirety. But you do not need to read or fully understand it unless you want to be a Bible scholar. Christ made it very simple and abundantly clear what criteria he was going to use to judge. Churches, denominations, correctness, personal relationship with Christ .... is not going to count. Read the first 4 books of the NT for yourself and see how easy and simple it is.
  6. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Read the first 4 books of the NT for yourself and see how easy and simple it is.
    Your radical idea will render the current political regime of the religious right untenable. No thanks. Better to stick with hopscotch and other forms of scripture twisting through Paul's epistles, and with literalist readings of Genesis and Revelation.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 18:26
    Originally posted by buckky
    Which one of the many Christian Denominations has the correct Truth ? Why so many ? Is there confusion in the Christian faith ?
    Who knows the mind of God? Who has all the answers? Those that say they know are liars. There is a God, however, and there are awnsers. God gave us his living word in order to know the truth, hence all of the religions that point to the Bible. Which religion then has all the awnsers and knows all there is to know about the mind of God?

The religions I steer clear of are the ones that on the one hand embrace the Bible and on the other hand say it has been tampered with. They then write their own Bible as the primary text in which they study. Then they peicemeal texts from the Bible that fits their twisted theology. This forms what is referred to as a cult such as JW's, Mormons, Scientologists, and Muslims to name a few. Ususally there is NO decent in such religious organizations and they are ruled with an iron fist. Islam perhaps could be considered an exception to the rule as it has branched off into other sects. The focus of such organizations is the organization. God comes a distant second.

For me the various denominations and cults that embrace the Bible shows that #1 the Bible is the truth and #2 man is fallible and does not always understand or percieve the message that was intended. This in no way means that man is unable to know the truth and that the truth is not worthy of being sought after. In fact, the word of God says that he is more interested in your will to know him and pursue him than he is in your knowing all there is to know about him. He is only interested in your desire to know him. Relationship is all that matter to God and all that matter to us as well. We also want those that we love to pursue us and enjoy being with us as well. We are, after all, created in his image.
  8. Forgotten
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 20:12
    Originally posted by amannion
    So what?
    Does that make the interpretations of other religions and denominations incorrect and irrelevant?
    Like I said:

Originally posted by aspviper666
    All faiths claim to have the truth.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    30 Mar '06 20:30
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Your radical idea will render the current political regime of the religious right untenable. No thanks. Better to stick with hopscotch and other forms of scripture twisting through Paul's epistles, and with literalist readings of Genesis and Revelation.
    Exactly, the teachings of Christ was too simple for many people to swallow. For some reason people/churches love the complicated analysis and interpretation of the Bible .. maybe it makes them feel religious and righteous.

Feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, assisting the unfortunate, visiting the sick and giving generously and unselfishly of your time and money are the virtues Christ will reward.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree