1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 14:39
    Here are the questions.

1. WHAT IS THE NUMBER AND NATURE OF THE DEITY(IES)? Choose one.

A) Only one God--a corporeal spirit (has a body), infinite, supreme, personal; the Creator.
    B) Only one God--incorporeal (no body) spirit, supreme, personal; the Creator.
    C) Multiple personal gods (or goddesses) regarded as facets of one God, and/or as separate gods.
    D) The supreme force is the impersonal Ultimate Reality (or life force, ultimate truth, cosmic order, absolute bliss, universal soul), which resides within and/or beyond all.
    E) The supreme existence is both the eternal, impersonal, formless Ultimate Reality, and personal God (or gods).
    F) No God or supreme forces. Or, not sure. Or, not important.
    G) None of the above.

2. ARE THERE HUMAN INCARNATION(S) OF GOD (OR OF GODS/GODDESSES)? Choose one.

A) God is (or Gods/Goddesses are) supreme, and no Incarnations.
    B) One Incarnation.
    C) Many (or countless) Incarnations.
    D) All are equally Incarnations because God is all and all are God (or God is in all).
    E) No Incarnations because there is no God(s). Or not sure. Or not important.
    F) None of above.

3. WHAT ARE THE ORIGINS OF THE PHYSICAL UNIVERSE AND LIFE ON EARTH? Choose one.

A) As stated in scripture, God created a mature universe and mature life forms from nothing in less than 7 days, less than 10,000 years ago.
    B) Same as above, but a "day" is not 24 hours and possibly refers to thousands (or even millions) of years, or to creation phases.
    C) God is creating and controlling the natural processes discovered by scientists. Or, there are other spiritual explanations compatible with scientific discovery.
    D) All matter and life forms are manifestation (or illusions) of the eternal Absolute (Ultimate Truth, Universal Soul or Mind, etc.).
    E) Only natural forces (like evolution and the Big Bang) account for existence and not a Creator or spiritual forces. Or, not sure. Or, not important.
    F) None of above.

4. WHAT HAPPENS TO HUMANS AFTER DEATH? Choose one.

A) Souls are judged immediately for a foretaste of heaven or hell. At the final judgment, all will be resurrected and judged for heaven or hell (or, for punishment and/or purification before heaven).
    B) Death results in unconsciousness until, at the final judgment, the righteous will rise to heaven while the wicked on earth are destroyed; the righteous will return to paradise on earth for eternity.
    C) Souls don't survive death. All the righteous will rise at final judgment for eternity in heaven, or paradise on earth; the wicked will remain dead.
    D) The soul's spiritual development continues after death so that all may eventually experience the indescribable joy of closeness to God. Hell is not a place but the tormented state of remoteness from God.
    E) Rebirths occur (continually, or until all life's lessons are learned and one merges with the life force, or until complete enlightenment and eternal bliss are attained).
    F) There is definitely an afterlife, but the specifics cannot be known or are unimportant -- most important is one's conduct in life.
    G) No afterlife; no spiritual existence beyond life; no literal heaven and hell. Or not sure. Or not important.
    H) None of the above.

5. WHY IS THERE TERRIBLE WRONGDOING IN THE WORLD? Choose one.

A) Humans inherited sinfulness, or a damaged nature, or tendency to yield to Satan's temptations from Adam's and Eve's original sin against God.
    B) Wrongdoing occurs because God gave us free will plus a weak side, or a drive to satisfy personal needs, which sometimes results in wrongful choices (and/or vulnerability to Satan's temptations).
    C) Ignorance of one's true existence as pure spirit and as one with the Universal Truth (or Soul, Mind, et al) can lead to wrongdoing.
    D) Not listening to the voice of God, who resides within all, can lead to wrongdoing.
    E) Egoism (self-importance) leads to desire, craving, and attachments, which can lead to unwholesome thoughts and wrong behavior, e.g. greed, hate, and violence.
    F) No supernatural or spiritual reasons. Or I'm not sure. Or not important.
    G) None of the above.

6. ONE OR MORE SPIRIT BEINGS EXIST WHO CAN CAUSE HUMAN SUFFERING.

A) Agree.
    B) Disagree.
    C) Not applicable.

7. WHY IS THERE SO MUCH SUFFERING IN THE WORLD? Choose ALL that apply.

A) Adam's and Eve's original disobedience caused all mankind to inherit mortality, including bodily imperfection, illness, and decay.
    B) Suffering is part of God's divine will, plan, or design (e.g. to discipline, test, challenge, strengthen faith and moral character, or for reasons that we cannot or may not know).
    C) Suffering is a state of mind (or illusion); only our spiritual nature is real.
    D) Spiritual or cosmic imbalance and disharmony may result in suffering.
    E) Unwholesome thoughts and/or deeds (greed, hatred, and violence) always return as suffering (karma).
    F) None of the above; human suffering has nothing to do with the supernatural.

QUESTIONS 8-12: ANSWER BASED ON YOUR BELIEF ABOUT THE PATH TO THE ULTIMATE REWARD OR REALITY (E.G. HEAVEN, EXALTATION, ETERNAL REWARD, ULTIMATE LIBERATION, FULL ENLIGHTENMENT, COMPLETE SPIRITUAL HARMONY, MERGER WITH GOD, ETC.).

8. You must WORSHIP:

A) The Supreme Power, God, or Gods.
    B) God - three Persons of one essence.
    C) God the Father, His Son, Holy Spirit - each a distinct entity.
    D) None of the above.

9. You must participate in certain SACRED RITES of your faith group.

A) Agree.
    B) Disagree.
    C) Not Applicable.

10. You must regularly CONFESS:

A) Your sins or wrongs to a cleric.
    B) Your sins or wrongs, but not necessarily to a cleric.
    C) Not applicable.

11. To achieve the Ultimate Reward or Reality, GOOD WORKS (DEEDS) AND COMPASSION are:

A) Necessary.
    B) We are saved through faith and the grace of God; good works demonstrates faith.
    C) There is no spiritual realm after life. Or, not important. Or, not applicable.

12. Choose all statement(s) below that reflect your beliefs about the path to the highest reward or ultimate reality.

A) Adhere strictly to any rites, practices, precepts, commandments, prohibitions, laws, sacraments, or ordinances of your faith group.
    B) All, even the wicked, are rewarded after life (e.g. go to heaven, merge with God, etc.) as God(s) is infinitely forgiving.
    C) Extinguish all cravings, attachments, and ignorance, or rid oneself of all impurities.
    D) Learn all life's lessons through rebirths.
    E) Realize your true nature as purely spirit (or soul) and not body, as one with the Absolute, Universal Soul, et al.
    F) Live simply, renounce worldly goals and material possessions.
    G) Tap the power of the Ultimate through intercessory methods such as psychics, channeling, tarot cards, crystals, magic, etc.
    H) Humankind will be "saved" through human effort, not through religious faith or spiritual practices.

QUESTIONS 13-20: HOW SHOULD YOUR BELIEF GROUP REFLECT THE FOLLOWING ISSUES?

13. Elective abortion should be a woman's choice.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree
    C) Neutral, or not applicable

14. Homosexual behavior should be regarded as immoral, or out of harmony.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree

15. Roles for women and men should be prescribed.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree

16. Divorce and/or remarriage should be restricted or punished or condemned by my religion or belief system.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree

17. Social betterment programs (e.g. equality, anti-poverty, education) should be fundamental to my belief group.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree

18. Non-violence (including pacifism, opposition to the death penalty, etc.) should be fundamental to my belief group.

A) Agree.
    B) Disagree.
    C) Neutral, or not applicable.

19. Spiritual healing practices should be fundamental to my belief group and preferred over conventional medicine.

A) Agree.
    B) Disagree.
    C) Neutral, or not applicable.

20. Revering (and/or worshiping) nature should be fundamental to my belief group.

A) Agree
    B) Disagree, neutral, or not applicable
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 14:47
    My answers, where 1 is low priority, 2 is medium and 3 is high.

1) F(3)
    2) E(3)
    3) E(3)
    4) G(3)
    5) F(3)
    6) B(2)
    7) F(3)
    8) D(3)
    9) C(1)
    10) C(1)
    11) C(3)
    12) H(3)
    13) C(1)
    14) C(1)
    15) C(1)
    16) C(1)
    17) C(1)
    18) C(1)
    19) C(1)
    20) C(1)
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:07
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    My answers, where 1 is low priority, 2 is medium and 3 is high.

1) F(3)
    2) E(3)
    3) E(3)
    4) G(3)
    5) F(3)
    6) B(2)
    7) F(3)
    8) D(3)
    9) C(1)
    10) C(1)
    11) C(3)
    12) H(3)
    13) C(1)
    14) C(1)
    15) C(1)
    16) C(1)
    17) C(1)
    18) C(1)
    19) C(1)
    20) C(1)
    Shouldn't your answer to question 20 be B since there was no C available?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Jan '14 16:18
    Yes, indeed, but can't edit anymore.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 07:44
    Some of the differences in this test can be accounted for because of their weighting system, the priority they allow you to set on questions.
  6. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 14:59
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Some of the differences in this test can be accounted for because of their weighting system, the priority they allow you to set on questions.
    Although 100% Secular Humanist, I failed to get 0% on anything. I guess that might be due to the one or two items I put in the middle on the 'importance' scale. My lowest score was 4% JW.

Penguin
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 15:501 edit
    Highest: 100% Secular Humanism

Lowest: 2% JW

A lot of the religions listed I have never heard of. What is a non-theist?
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '14 16:13
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Highest: 100% Secular Humanism

Lowest: 2% JW

A lot of the religions listed I have never heard of. What is a non-theist?
    Someone who isn't a theist.

Basically it means atheist, but avoids some of the negative connotations
    and/or arguments people have about atheism.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Jan '14 21:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Orthodox Quaker. Wow.

I too was Jehovah's Witness, but at 47%. Yikes.
    I believe you scored high on Quaker because you have this thing against organized religion of any kind, and the Quakers are solidly in this corner. Their congregational meetings are not led by any clergy, it is mostly quiet time to commune with God in your own way, and/or anyone who is moved to speak can speak. Sort of a quiet, 'religious' chaos. 🙂

I get the Quaker on mine by my belief that you don't necessarily need a 'house of worship' in order to worship, and that one should not be held to ALL the tenets of their church (i.e. agreeing with every single thing in their 'creed' ) in order to come to worship.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    16 Jan '14 05:22
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Orthodox Quaker. Wow.

I too was Jehovah's Witness, but at 47%. Yikes.
    Me too. Orthodox Quaker.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree