1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 21:12
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    The knowledge of the taste of an apple was obviously enough to condemn all mankind. The knowledge of right and wrong, without that knowledge Eve could not have known there would be any repercussions for eating the apple, nor that they would be bad, since bad didn't exist in her world.

Bruno was killed, and Galileo put under house arrest, for attempt ...[text shortened]... you'd all be reduced to slithering around on you bellies and asking permission to go pee-pee.
    Small correction. Adam and the woman did not enter into condemnation for tasting an apple (or any other fruit, for that matter). The woman was deceived, but the man deliberately chose one system over another. They both decided (for different reasons) that they would rather have the system of "good and evil" rather than the system offered by God, the system of "lives."

The partaking of the fruit was merely symbolic of that choice. They knew beforehand what was at stake (dying, you will die), but opted to partake nonetheless. The choice (and immediate consequences) were crystal clear.
  2. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 21:14
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Small correction. Adam and the woman did not enter into condemnation for tasting an apple (or any other fruit, for that matter). The woman was deceived, but the man deliberately chose one system over another. They both decided (for different reasons) that they would rather have the system of "good and evil" rather than the system offered by God, the sys ...[text shortened]... t opted to partake nonetheless. The choice (and immediate consequences) were crystal clear.
    The you are implying that they had knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil from the start. My interpretation of the bible is that that was not the case.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 21:17
    The you are implying that they had knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil from the start. My interpretation of the bible is that that was not the case.
    No implication of good or evil, only a knowledge of life or the real consequence of death. There was no good and evil; it was, as they say in the 'hood, 'all good.'
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Sep '06 21:19
    Yes they did. Of course they did. If they didn't know the difference between right and wrong, then ANY action could not be considered right or wrong. God saying "don't do it" just wouldn't make sense, since the very concept of "don't do it" requires a value judgement. When all actions are equal, the question of choice is irrelevant.
    No, not having knowledge of evil meant that they could have done
    what you and I would know was evil and not understand evil, so the
    correction could have come another way. That is quite different than
    choosing to do an evil thing in full knowledge of what is evil. Being
    in a state of innocence was where they were to be taught, that was
    where they were protected, they did the one and only thing they
    knew they were not to do, in full knowledge of going against God’s
    command and we are all suffering for it.
    Kelly
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 06:22
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, not having knowledge of evil meant that they could have done
    what you and I would know was evil and not understand evil, so the
    correction could have come another way. That is quite different than
    choosing to do an evil thing in full knowledge of what is evil. Being
    in a state of innocence was where they were to be taught, that was
    where they were ...[text shortened]... to do, in full knowledge of going against God’s
    command and we are all suffering for it.
    Kelly
    Do you really believe that we are all paying for Adam and Eve's mistake?

Man, that's sad...and all because you answered a Christian advert in a newspaper!!!!
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 10:191 edit
    Originally posted by howardgee

Man, that's sad...and all because you answered a Christian advert in a newspaper!!!!
    I don't blame Adam and Eve. I think if it was me, I would have done the same thing. I just thank God that he cleaned up the mess.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Sep '06 13:141 edit
    Originally posted by howardgee

You will pay for you own sins, mistakes are easy to forgive if it is
    asked for; however, more times than not what is done with your eyes
    wide open and in full understanding will be enough, you will convict
    yourself as you condemn others.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree