1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 16:33
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I wonder how many others out there secretly look at themselves as teachers/instructors?

You'd be mad to think along such lines.
    I wonder how many of those people are in actuality teaching something that differs greatly from what they think they are teaching.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '13 17:281 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    I wonder how many of those people are in actuality teaching something that differs greatly from what they think they are teaching.
    That's why others can only point the way here and there.
    The understanding we gleen from others or from elsewhere is ours and ours alone.

I see religions and saints as a possible starting point for your own understanding (your own religion 🙂 ).

Once you put your understanding into action and stop going in circles... Once you actually start to live what you just used to say, you end up in places that are new and unexpected - often leading to doors that you dont remember leaving open.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 01:13
    I wonder how many others out there secretly look at themselves as teachers/instructors?

You'd be mad to think along such lines.
    Well Jesus did teach many so that they could also teach other wise others could not learn.
    But one should have a humble attitude as a teacher and this opens up others to be more receptive to learn. We all no doubt experianced that with teachers in school.
    How Ron teaches or instructs has always been suspect of the humble examples that Jesus displayed and taught others to be. This is being Christ like or being a Christian.
    The scriptures make it very clear with warning that if one abuses this teaching and actually does damage to others, he will answer to God in a most serious way.
    I question if Ron understands that burden an instructor takes on when deciding to instruct.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 05:362 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well Jesus did teach many so that they could also teach other wise others could not learn.
    But one should have a humble attitude as a teacher and this opens up others to be more receptive to learn. We all no doubt experianced that with teachers in school.
    How Ron teaches or instructs has always been suspect of the humble examples that Jesus displayed ...[text shortened]... .
    I question if Ron understands that burden an instructor takes on when deciding to instruct.
    Well if JC did teach the way I've heard depicted then he was indeed a worthy teacher/instructor.

I believe some of us are born with "the gift of the gab" , where through their humility and honesty are able to impart wisdom to others.

But I've found that you have to have some understanding of others problems via having been there yourself and come through it.

for example I had mental health issues earlier in life which I have successfully treated and hence I can sometimes help others.
    When some 23 year old uni grad comes str8 from campus and plays psychologist to a 40 year old mum of 3 , i doubt the mum of 3 would have much real progress with her symptoms in most cases.
    I've found that YOU have to be the ultimate "healer" on your path to sanity. If you rely on any other psyches too much then real progress is unlikely.

So too with Ron - if he is not prepared to at least try to meet us half way and try to see the real person behind the screen, then he will just keep feeding chook food to cats.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 06:17
    That's why others can only point the way here and there.
    I think the problem under discussion is that sometimes we think we are pointing one way when our listeners think we are pointing another.
    RJ for example puts people off Christianity. It is possible he is not aware of this, although I suspect he is aware, but just doesn't care. He feels good calling himself 'The instructor' even though he knows nobody takes it seriously.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 06:36
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think the problem under discussion is that sometimes we think we are pointing one way when our listeners think we are pointing another.
    RJ for example puts people off Christianity. It is possible he is not aware of this, although I suspect he is aware, but just doesn't care. He feels good calling himself 'The instructor' even though he knows nobody takes it seriously.
    Thank you for the addition.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree