1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 09:021 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    The proof is recognized in the foolish teaching themselves........but honesty and education is needed to see this.

Jesus never supported animal slaughter and he was killed trying to educate the people in true spirituality by the pseudo religious leaders at the time who where threatened by his authority.
    I don't recall Jesus saying anything about animal slaughter. And where
    did you get the idea that there was an animal slaughter doctrine in
    Christianity?
  2. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 13:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    Let me try this another way. Do you, Dasa, or do you RJ, think you are actually teaching what you intend to teach, here? Don't forget, if the student hasn't learned, the teacher hasn't taught. I would call both of your teaching methods failures. With some exceptions on your part, Dasa, when you simply annotate your scriptures, with a take it or leave it approach.
    May I intervene? There is a lot of confusion here. Dasa has raised the bar far too high and RJH has reiterated the Bible as the only authority. Who is qualified and entitled to receive spiritual instruction is the moot point here. As per our seers e.g. Shankaracharya,the first requirement is that the person should be very much keen in getting liberated from the coils of Sansara i.e.from the cycles of birth and death. Academic interest alone will not suffice. The next point is that the person should have had his 3 main Desires quenched. These are: i) desire for sensual pleasures ii) desire for money iii) desire for recognition from people. Then he should be intelligent and skilled in appreciating argument. There some other requirements, too. The qualifications are for a person desiring to be engaged in spiritual pursuit whole time
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 13:52
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    May I intervene? There is a lot of confusion here. Dasa has raised the bar far too high and RJH has reiterated the Bible as the only authority. Who is qualified and entitled to receive spiritual instruction is the moot point here. As per our seers e.g. Shankaracharya,the first requirement is that the person should be very much keen in getting liberated fr ...[text shortened]... too. The qualifications are for a person desiring to be engaged in spiritual pursuit whole time
    There's no escaping the fact that many people here, myself included, simply do not submit to or recognize the "authority" that Dasa chooses to submit to. Therefore, his opinions about "Who is qualified" have no intellectual traction whatsoever and are highly unlikely to have any impact on any fellow poster's spiritual outlook. The fact that he appears to command almost no respect in this community further undermines any pronouncements he might make about qualifications.
  4. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 14:58
    The animal slaughtering doctrine of Christianity is not bonafide.

You must be honest to understand this.
    Who are you to know this for a fact? This is your own assumption and not to real truth. You are speculating.
  5. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:02
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    [b]"You talk of fact but you have no fact when defending false science."

I have plenty of facts, actually science and the scientific method, is pretty much the only game in town when it comes
    to generating and verifying facts.

"You say life comes from non life this is not fact."

There is a lot of evidence to suggest life can and di ...[text shortened]...
    I would be happy to help if need any with that.[/b]
    Life can not come from nothing. You are taking fat chances. Science has definetely made you blind
  6. Pale Blue Dot
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:28
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Life can not come from nothing. You are taking fat chances. Science has definetely made you blind
    "Who are you to know this for a fact? This is your own assumption and not to real truth. You are speculating."
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 15:57
    Did you know that 99.999% of people are not qualified to discuss the subject of God and religion.

This is not a put down but the actual fact.

If someone stopped me and asked me about contract law I would say I have no clue about this and tell them to ask someone else.

Others would go on line and in 5 minutes become experts in contract law and then woul ...[text shortened]... falsity and have to become untaught of their indoctrination.......which they stubbornly resist.
    Dassa, The Qualified to qualify.
  8. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 16:441 edit
    Authority....

Everyone accepts authority and they have done it their whole life and are still doing it as we speak.

Their entire stay at school or college is testament to accepting authority and this is called the descending method of learning as opposed to the acceding method which is the empiricle method.

The descending method is the superior method because it leaves behind speculation and fabrication and it is proven.

Dishonest persons whimsically reject spiritual authority from the platform of ignorance and not from the platform of knowledge.

Whimsical rejection of authority has no place in discussion in this forum or any forum.

Rejection of authority can only happen if the rejection is supported by true knowledge and fair analysis.

Whimsical rejection is just foolish, ignorant, trouble rousing, insincere and evidence of dishonesty.

Ironically persons who are not qualified and are dishonest cannot determine even with analysis what is spiritual authority.

Who can discuss with persons of this standard.

All spiritual discussion must be supported by authority and the only authority for spirituality is the Veda (this is undeniable by honest persons)

Persons who are persistent with whimsical rejection of authority are simply rascals and fools..........This is supported by the Veda.

Therefore the solution is that persons should simply engage in submissive hearing from the authority..............and all will be well.
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 20:31
    Did you know that 99.999% of people are not qualified to discuss the subject of God and religion.

This is not a put down but the actual fact.

If someone stopped me and asked me about contract law I would say I have no clue about this and tell them to ask someone else.

Others would go on line and in 5 minutes become experts in contract law and then woul ...[text shortened]... falsity and have to become untaught of their indoctrination.......which they stubbornly resist.
    You have much to learn Grasshopper.
  10. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 20:48
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    You have much to learn Grasshopper.
    The most simple can be complicated by the person who is the most mathematical.

Their mathematical prowess is their undoing for they seek to see everything in terms of the mathematical equation.

They try to understand the mathematics of God and because God is not a mathematical equation they become stumped.

Or they provide a mathematical equation for God which in the final analysis is just a mathematical equation.....nothing more and nothing less.
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 22:59
    Authority....

Everyone accepts authority and they have done it their whole life and are still doing it as we speak.

Their entire stay at school or college is testament to accepting authority and this is called the descending method of learning as opposed to the acceding method which is the empiricle method.

The descending method is the superior method ...[text shortened]... should simply engage in submissive hearing from the authority..............and all will be well.
    Not me.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Sep '11 23:532 edits
    Authority....
    ...The descending method is the superior method because it leaves behind speculation and fabrication and it is proven.

[...]Whimsical rejection is just foolish, ignorant, trouble rousing, insincere and evidence of dishonesty.

[...]All spiritual discussion must be supported by authority and the only authority for spirituality is the Veda (this is undeniable by honest persons)

Persons who are persistent with whimsical rejection of authority are simply rascals and fools..........This is supported by the Veda.

Therefore the solution is that persons should simply engage in submissive hearing from the authority..............and all will be well.

What is "undeniable", Dasa, is that your calls for people to be "submissive" to the "authority" that is "descending" from you or from the speculative "authority" about the supernatural that you happen to have submitted yourself to and that you promote here, is not working well for you here at RHP. Not at all. Your relentless personal abuse cannot alter this fact.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 00:03
    I am here to expose false science and false religion and to inform persons where they may go to receive true knowledge.
    all you've exposed so far is your ignorance of the science you're trying to expose.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 00:132 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]...The descending method is the superior method because it leaves behind speculation and fabrication and it is proven.

[...]Whimsical rejection is just foolish, ignorant, trouble rousing, insincere and evidence of dishonesty.

[...]All spiritual discussion must be supported by authority and the only authority for spirituality is the Veda (this is unden or you here at RHP. Not at all. Your relentless personal abuse cannot alter this fact.
    The authority is describing fools and rascal as....fools and rascals.

Its simple.

If a person behaves like a fool and rascal then that is what they are.

Bhagavad Gita
    sattvat sanjayate jnanam
    rajaso lobha eva ca
    pramada-mohau tamaso
    bhavato 'jnanam eva ca

SYNONYMS
    sattvat--from the mode of goodness; sanjayate--develops; jnanam--knowledge; rajasah--from the mode of passion; lobhah--greed; eva--certainly; ca--also; pramada--madness; mohau--illusion; tamasah--from the mode of ignorance; bhavatah--develops; ajnanam--nonsense; eva--certainly; ca--also.

TRANSLATION
    From the mode of goodness, real knowledge develops; from the mode of passion, greed develops; and from the mode of ignorance, foolishness, madness and illusion develop.

So you can see the Supreme Lord is declaring that these persons are foolish and mad and in illusion.

I only repeat the word s of the authority.

If you maintain that spirituality can be invented and that killing is good then you are a fool.

Or if you accept that life comes from dead stone then you are also a fool.

It has been decided by authority.

It has nothing to do with me.
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '11 00:16
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    all you've exposed so far is your ignorance of the science you're trying to expose.
    You are saying life comes from dead stone........this is your foolishness and ignorance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree