1. Standard memberspiritmangr8ness
    Doh!!! Or--Are--I
    Springfield, USA
    Moves
    05 Aug '07 14:36
    Originally posted by Mysterious Dome
    Wh is God has he ever been known by some one in this world or is he just a figure of imagination. 😕
    Do you think that you will really get an intelligent answer on this forum that will not be debated or ridiculed in a circularly endless fashion? You can only attempt to know his characteristics and in that your journey will be infinite. God simply (Is) He is the unknowable; to pursue this is vanity. Relax your just another Homer like everybody else. Dohh!
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '04
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 15:27
    The only question we should ask is...

Who created God?

I had an amusing conversation with a Muslim who said Allah was the one true God. I asked who created Allah. He told me a story - you are walking in the desert, miles and miles from nowhere, and you find a watch. How did the watch get there?

I said, someone must have put the watch there, it couldn't get there by itself. He said, YES, Allah put it there.

I said Allah is the watch. Who put him there?

The conversation ended with a threat of suicide bombings lol
  3. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:02
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god cares so much about souls, then why didn't he just create souls in heaven? Why did he go to all the trouble of creating fallible humans to put those souls into, so that they could "sin" and need salvation when they die, so their souls can go to heaven? That seems like a great amount of wasted labor.
    Why not just go the whole hog and create robot people who cannot choose or go wrong. ....The whole point of having a soul is that you are sentient and can choose , sometimes the choice is to turn against God.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '07 17:56
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If god cares so much about souls, then why didn't he just create souls in heaven? Why did he go to all the trouble of creating fallible humans to put those souls into, so that they could "sin" and need salvation when they die, so their souls can go to heaven? That seems like a great amount of wasted labor.
    Why? So we could have you ringwett. Why not thank him for such simple favors?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree