1. England
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 09:22
    is the banking system thats failing world wide, maybe the whore mentioned in the book of reverlations?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 03:31
    Originally posted by stoker
    is the banking system thats failing world wide, maybe the whore mentioned in the book of reverlations?
    short answer- Yes
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 03:34
    Short question: can you be happy if the world is not destroyed?
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 03:37
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    good question

i would say yes
    What would you say?
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 10:392 edits
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    No,

The world needs to be destroyed and a new world, the kingdom of God must come for me to fully enjoy this earth as God intended.
    One should distingush between the earth and the world. The Satanic world system will be destroyed and replaced by a new world headed up by Christ. Divine Love and Harmony, Righteousness, Justice, Peace will reign.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 10:443 edits
    Revelation 17 reveals the destruction of the Roman Catholic church as the Mother of Harlots. "Mother of harlots" I think means that all the historic divisions of Christianity came out of the source of the RCC. She's the mother.

Revelation chapter 18 reveals judgment upon the city of Rome. There is religious Babylon in chapter 17 and material Babylon in chapter 18. Both are to be judgedd by God.

"Come out of her My people ..." reveals that just as the Jews were captured away from the promise land in Babylon, so the new testament Christians are captured away into degraded Christianity.

They are nonetheless God's people and He calls for them to come of that system which He is to judge.

I can back it up with sound exegesis. It is not willy-nilly interpretation. It is not wild guessing. The Roman Catholic Church and the City of Rome, I think, are the best candidates to fit the signs of the Harlot and the Woman in Revelation 17 and 18.

The mother of harlots is representative of all harlots. All of degraded Christianity denominations signify the many daughters of the Mother of harlots.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 11:52
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Revelation 17 reveals the destruction of the Roman Catholic church as the Mother of Harlots. "Mother of harlots" I think means that all the historic divisions of Christianity came out of the source of the RCC. She's the mother.

Revelation chapter 18 reveals judgment upon the city of Rome. There is religious Babylon in chapter 17 and material Babylon in ...[text shortened]... f degraded Christianity denominations signify the many daughters of the Mother of harlots.
    Thank God that a tiny minority of Christians like yourself have got it all figured out while the vast majority have got it all wrong.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 11:54

Revelation chapter 18 reveals judgment upon the city of Rome. There is religious Babylon in chapter 17 and material Babylon in ...[text shortened]... f degraded Christianity denominations signify the many daughters of the Mother of harlots.

Oh my God. This pathetic example of fundamentalism again. So basically, Revelations describes 7 hills (which can't at all be related to the fact that seven is an important number and that there also seven angels, seven vases, seven trumpets, etc). So that must mean Rome (and obviously not classical Rome which was persecuting early Christian Church). No. It must have some bizarre connection to the Catholic Church's feuds with Protestantism.

By the way, for a historical note, do you know that the Greek Orthodox Church has equally deep ties to the early Church. St. Basil has had just as great an impact as St. Augustine. Indeed, most of the great Church Fathers were from the Greek Church. But typical for a Protestant to forget the Orthodox.
  9. e4
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 12:27
    No,

The [b]world
    needs to be destroyed and a new world, the kingdom of God must come for me to fully enjoy this earth as God intended.
    One should distingush between the earth and the world. The Satanic world system will be destroyed and replaced by a new world headed up by Christ. Divine Love and Harmony, Righteousness, Justice, Peace will reign.[/b]
    'Peace will reign.'

Peace will never reign whilst there is religion.

Take away religion from humanity then you will get peace.
  10. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 14:031 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    good question

i would say yes
    What would you say?
    I hope that William Faulkner was right. But everyday I am confronted by people like jaywill who convince me that he must have been wrong and they will finally achieve the fulfillment of their prophecy. Unfortunately I think they confuse a dead and lifeless planet with the "kingdom of peace." Is it a defect of character that makes them eagerly look forward to so much suffering by others or just an expression of the powerlessness of their intellect? Either way they fit the profile of serial killers. Poor brain-damaged humans - we may not be equipped to survive.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 19:551 edit
    actually dear friends it cannot be the banking and financial system, as the original poster tentatively suggested, Why not? Let us consider the verses in context, shall we?

And one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying: “Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.” revelation 17:1

here is the instance of the Great Harlot of revelation, please note the words of significance, 'she sits on many waters', and 'she has committed fornication with the kings of the earth', now this does not enlighten us to who she may be, it merely tells us certain of her characteristics, however, by a careful reading of the context, we can, by a process of elimination, readily deduce, who she is not, and thus who she must be!

consider the context, Revelation 18:3 clearly states

For because of the wine of the anger of her fornication all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed fornication with her, and the travelling merchants of the earth became rich due to the power of her shameless luxury.”

therefore we can deduce, that she is not society in general (all the nations), nor is she the worldwide political system (the kings of the earth), nor can she be the banking or commercial system (the travelling merchants). so we can readily ascertain from a simple process of deduction who she is not, now the question is asked? which other worldwide entity (remember she sits on many waters) has bloodshed on its hands, has made political alliances with politicians and powerful leaders?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 20:142 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually dear friends it cannot be the banking and financial system, as the original poster tentatively suggested, Why not? Let us consider the verses in context, shall we?

And one of the seven angels that had the seven bowls came and spoke with me, saying: “Come, I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, with w bloodshed on its hands, has made political alliances with politicians and powerful leaders?
    There are references to the nation of Israel being a Harlot in Ezekial. Perhaps they are one in the same? After all, Christ said that the blood of the prophets were placed upon the nations head. If I recall, Israel rejected their God and chose to try to be like the other nations. In fact, that was the reason they chose a king to rule over them instead of God. Thus the term "whore" was used to describe them. Could the same thing be said today?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 20:231 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    There are references to the nation of Israel being a Harlot in Ezekial. Perhaps they are one in the same? After all, Christ said that the blood of the prophets were placed upon the nations head. If I recall, Israel rejected their God and chose to try to be like the other nations. In fact, that was the reason they chose a king to rule over them instead of God. Thus the term "whore" was used to describe them. Could the same thing be said today?
    it is a very astute and interesting observation whodey! why is the ancient nation described as being a Harlot? because God was her 'husbandly owner', and when she forsook that relationship and went making political alliances, it was as if the nation had, scorned that relationship and put its trust not in God, but in political alliances!

however we must consider the words of revelation, for we are here looking for a worldwide entity, something which sits on many waters (the waters representing peoples). it is also prophesied that these waters will dry up, therefore do you still think in view of this that it could be the nation of Israel? in what sense is it a worldwide entity? it may help us if we take into consideration that Babylon the Great and the Great Harlot are one and the same!
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 20:473 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    it is a very astute and interesting observation whodey! why is the ancient nation described as being a Harlot? because God was her 'husbandly owner', and when she forsook that relationship and went making political alliances, it was as if the nation had, scorned that relationship and put its trust not in God, but in political alliances!

however ...[text shortened]... f we take into consideration that Babylon the Great and the Great Harlot are one and the same!
    In what way is Israel a world wide entity? In the sense that it says the beast hated the whore. As we see today, the nations of the world seem to hate Israel more and more. In fact, the world is preoccupied with this little tiny nation in the sand. If you don't believe me just look at the posts in the debate forum. We have Genocide going on in the Sudan on a mass scale and all you hear about is how the Zionists need to go. Also, Revelation seems to indicate, they (the world powers) attack her for one last time much like they did time and time again in the OT.
  15. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    21 Jun '09 21:40
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    'Peace will reign.'

===========================

===================================

I thought that is what I said.

Can't get rid of God and Christ. That is not religion. That is God and Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree