1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 08:092 edits
    Originally posted by gaychessplayer
    I sincerely commend you on your humanitarian activities.

I know many wonderful, kind, charitable people, and some of them are theists and some of them aren't. And even if someone could somehow show that Christians are "more charatible" than non-Christians, that would be irrelevant to whether or not Christianity is true.

It seems to me that you that's not the topic of the thread, then you just come across as being angry and nasty.
    Christianity is an emotional religion. It taps into guilt, terror, love, and the like. To wake people up I need to tap into the aspects of Christianity that are just as emotionally evocative but less likely to drive the sheep to the Church...because I'm trying to get them OUT of the Church so they'll stop legislating that religion.

How can I reason with someone who is Christian because of the symbol of the love of a virginal (thus no competition for the baby) mother? How can I convince a man or woman who's Christian out of terror of everlasting torment? I have to show them that emotion can work both ways. If people are slaves to emotional imagery and language then that's how I have to present my position...but always honestly. I really dislike the Christian community in the United States and for very good reason. They've become the same persecuting overclass that they suffered from under Rome. Of course they're not nearly that bad, but their more gentle oppression is still irritating and unacceptable.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '07 08:34
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Christianity is an emotional religion. It taps into guilt, terror, love, and the like. To wake people up I need to tap into the aspects of Christianity that are just as emotionally evocative but less likely to drive the sheep to the Church...because I'm trying to get them OUT of the Church so they'll stop legislating that religion.

How can I reas ...[text shortened]... ot nearly that bad, but their more gentle oppression is still irritating and unacceptable.
    I agree with everything you just said! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree