"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by redbarons
looney tunes religion....expand
Those are cartoons.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
Those are cartoons.
I have a feeling you may be a cartoon character also Dumbo.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Apr 14

I have a feeling you may be a cartoon character also Dumbo.
I try, sometimes.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
[b]"Why Are Atheists Always Attacking Christians?"

"Here is the answer. Please note as background that I am a Catholic. Yes -- a reviled Christian. It's common to read attacks by Atheists on practicing Christians on Daily Kos -- and, indeed, on the Internet at large. These attacks often infantalize Christians, assault their sense of reason, slan ...[text shortened]... ion? Like? Dislike? Too Long to Read? Questions? Thoughtful Comments? Protest? Personal Attacks?[/b]
I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I trust somebody has taken the time to point out the irony of this post to you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Do you know Stephen Fry is an atheist?
Most assuredly, PK. Stumbled across his insightful comment on an interesting mixed bag page.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

because we are taught to turn the other cheek love thy neighbour etc
... do you think most believers in Christ do?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
So do you believe in Hinn's miracles or not?
"Period."

F

Moves
27 Apr 14

"Period."
Is that a "yes"or a "no"? What are you afraid of, Grampy Bobby?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I'm not sure ~ judging by Grampy Bobby's posting record ~ that he thinks the content of quotations is important. They are offered instead of content, instead of debate, instead of a personal contribution. There is no regular poster here who runs away from discussing things properly as often and as ungraciously as Grampy Bobby does. Quotations, as he deploys them ...[text shortened]... n atheist? It'll do. Question dodged. Responding dodged. Engagement dodged. Quotation posted. 😀
Simple Solution: Ignore Grampy Bobby's presence without even reading his stuff. FMF's Problem will be partially solved.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it doesn't matter if Fry is an atheist or not, the posts content, as you elude to, surely is more important than the religion or non religion of the originator. Should I stop viewing Picasso paintings because he was immoral or because cubism is a bad idea?
thanks, rc.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
No, the test is whether you can believe in a God, a being on a higher plane than yourself. For you are given all you need to believe. You cannot serve God if you're busy serving yourself.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and ma ...[text shortened]... thew 6:24-34, KJV

Also, God loves to answer those who believe. Why don't you just ask Him?
Thank you, Suzi.

F

Moves
27 Apr 14
1 edit

Simple Solution: Ignore Grampy Bobby's presence without even reading his stuff. FMF's Problem will be partially solved.
I have no problem. I participate fully in the goings on here. I do not run away from topics and from people's posts and comments and questions. If you want to post stuff in a public arena, Grampy Bobby, then you just have to accept that people are going to comment on what you post. If you don't like it, you should start a blog ~ where you can simply delete or disable comments you find inconvenient. 🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Apr 14

... do you think most believers in Christ do?
I do my best and fail often but do think its a value that should be cherished.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I trust somebody has taken the time to point out the irony of this post to you.
Please give it a read whenever you have or are able to make the time. I welcome your further comment.

rc

Moves
27 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I have found the vast majority of religionists I've met to be spiritually incurious ~ their beliefs a fait accomplis, their dogmatic groupist barricades permanently up ~ and I have a suspicion that Stephen Fry would probably agree.
and yet we are taught to view people as individuals.