1. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:482 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh the irony, especially you coming out with only this, just as both KellyJay and checkbaiter - unlike you - are making serious extended attempts to answer him and engage his question.
    I rather enjoy how she is that way making herself look stupid and saying nothing of value. 🙂
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:12
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    God used to walk with Adam and Eve before the fall, back when everything was very
    good. After the fall when the law was being established there was a veil that represented
    a divide between man and God, the holy and the most holy, which was ripped from top to
    bottom when Christ died.

Matthew 27: 50-51 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, y ...[text shortened]... ur children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
    I know you are not addressing me, which you [like a big child] enjoy doing. You rather address the issue indirectly by responding to someone elses post. Thats your choice. Make yourself foolish all you like.

In any case, the issue is that all that you have posted means that one can have a relationship with God, and it will be one of the following types which I said earlier:
    - A Bad relationship with God
    - No relationship with God
    - A Good relationship with God.

The question which you and checkbaiter is not answering:
    How does one have a GOOD relationship with God?

A GOOD relationship with God does not come simply by talking or praying.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:44
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I know you are not addressing me, which you [like a big child] enjoy doing. You rather address the issue indirectly by responding to someone elses post. Thats your choice. Make yourself foolish all you like.

In any case, the issue is that all that you have posted means that one can have a relationship with God, and it will be one of the following types ...[text shortened]... onship with God?

A GOOD relationship with God does not come simply by talking or praying.[/b]
    Of the three, I would make it simple, either no relationship or a good relationship.

A good relationship includes, being obedient, seeking to know a deeper understanding of his ways, a thankful heart and most of all loving him back like he loves us. It includes communication. Without communication relationships are quite meaningless.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:49
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    A good relationship includes, being obedient, seeking to know a deeper understanding of his ways, a thankful heart and most of all loving him back like he loves us. It includes communication. Without communication relationships are quite meaningless.
    And yet you offer no credible evidence that god has communicated with you.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 02:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet you offer no credible evidence that god has communicated with you.
    How exactly do I do that? Like a tape recording?🙄
    You know Jesus said even if people like you should see someone raised from the dead you still would not believe.
    This conversation just got fruitless. I am wasting my time.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 02:26
    How exactly do I do that? Like a tape recording?
    No, I have quite enough of your regurgitations of ancient Hebrew mythology. Tell me this, is all your intellectual (and ideological) behaviour here on this forum and on the Debates Forum "evidence", in your view, that god has communicated with you and that Jesus is working through you to some degree?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 02:27
    You know Jesus said even if people like you should see someone raised from the dead you still would not believe.
    So, where can I see "someone raised from the dead"? Let's test your assertion.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 02:51
    Of the three, I would make it simple, either no relationship or a good relationship.

How could there be only a good or no relationship? If there is a good relationship with a pile of conditions then there must be such a thing as a BAD relationship when the conditions are violated.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:091 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh the irony, especially you coming out with only this, just as both KellyJay and checkbaiter - unlike you - are making serious extended attempts to answer him and engage his question.
    As he made clear in his answer to the first attempt to answer, he is not interested in an actual answer to his naysaying. He only wants to naysay, much like you.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    As he made clear in his answer to the first attempt to answer, he is not interested in an actual answer to his naysaying. He only wants to naysay, much like you.
    I agree with you a 100% here, I'm very sorry to say.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I have quite enough of your regurgitations of ancient Hebrew mythology. Tell me this, is all your intellectual (and ideological) behaviour here on this forum and on the Debates Forum "evidence", in your view, that god has communicated with you and that Jesus is working through you to some degree?
    And here, in one post, you demonstrate exactly how fruitless it is discussing anything with you. Checkbaiter is right, it's just a waste of time, and Rajk makes the exact same error.

There was nothing behind his question (just like your endless questions), except a desire to bite back at any answer given, just like you, as usual.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:30
    "Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.

If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself." -- 1 Timothy 6:1-5, KJV

There is no "truth" inherent in forum "combat". When we abandon discussion and strive only for strife's sake, then truth is lost.

Not looking for truth, be not surprised (nor put forth reason to act surprised) if you do not find it.

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:57
    Why not try to address the points that I raised? You cannot. But Christians like you dont like to hear the truth, you like your church nonsense.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 15:311 edit
    [b]What you have just done is to describe a one way relationship, if there is such a thing. You have described a God which is controlling you, and telling you what to do. Of course God can do that. Nobody is arguing that point. But where is the relationship?

It is a two way relationship. I can ask God for things and if it is good and brings him gl ...[text shortened]... not explained in the Bible.[/b]

I thought I was pretty clear. Ask God to help you understand.[/b]
    It is a two way relationship. I can ask God for things and if it is good and brings him glory, I get it. I also talk to him constantly, sometimes praise, sometimes questions. I don't always get answers, but much of the time I do.

Of course the obvious flaw with believing that God answers, is that Christians have "received" very different answers when it comes to topics such as slavery, race, gender roles, capital punishment, abortion, homosexuality, etc. The list goes on and on. With all believing that THEIR answer has come from God - even when it contradicts answers given to others. How do you account for this?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 16:33
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    [b]It is a two way relationship. I can ask God for things and if it is good and brings him glory, I get it. I also talk to him constantly, sometimes praise, sometimes questions. I don't always get answers, but much of the time I do.

Of course the obvious flaw with believing that God answers, is that Christians have "received" very different answers ...[text shortened]... s come from God - even when it contradicts answers given to others. How do you account for this?[/b]
    God has certainly not explained Himself clearly, it would seem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree