1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 16:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    To say nothing of Islam.

They should be venerated since they are the progenitors of Christianity.

Yet Christians around the world put Jews down consistently for the last 2000 years.

Like the British allowing the massacre of Jews in Palestine which went on for 100 years.

And of course the atrocities of the Nazi's.

Why don't Christians realiz ...[text shortened]... , just in case you are wondering, I am not Jewish, my background is Irish. 4 Irish Grandparents.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_curse
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 16:25
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, are you conflating "the constitution of the Palestinian government" with "Iran's constitution"?? Or did you just ignore the "the constitution of the Palestinian government" part? If you are going to defend the Palestinians then at least try and make sense.
    Did I defend the Palestinians? In what way? And in what way did I conflate the two constitutions?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 16:39
    Does anyone here deny that there are a significant number of Jews in Israel who discriminate against some non-Jews?
    I am in no way claiming that all Jews are racist, or that there isn't a lot of history and 'bad blood' involved in the Israel situation. My point is merely that discrimination happens everywhere and the Jews are guilty of doing it too.
    I am yet to see any evidence that Jews are uniquely discriminated against more than any other group of people.
    I am sure some groups of people have it easier because they integrate better with the communities they enter. Religion is a major factor in this regard. If a minority group is the same religion as the majority, they tend to get along much better than if the two religions are different.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 16:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Did I defend the Palestinians? In what way? And in what way did I conflate the two constitutions?
    I believe that Suzianne believes you made a mistake when posting this...

So if Angola's constitution avowed the destruction of South Africa, would that have justified the Aparthied in South Africa? Seriously now, what does Iran's constitution have to do with the situation within Israel? If you are going to defend Israel then at least try and make sense.

And thinks that you meant Palestine instead of Iran.

I can read it either way and have it make sense to me, although I think Palestine is the more likely correct word.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:00
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"keen to expedite the End Days"

Since the Tribulation will see the end of Christianity in the West (at least the public recognition of it as a religion), along with the end of all religion except the worship of the AntiChrist, most Christians I know are terrified of the "End Days" and pray daily that God have mercy on his flock and forestall these ...[text shortened]... ans do await Christ's return, no Christian I know encourages the Tribulation which comes before.[/b]
    I have not invented the notion labelled Christian Zionism and I am justified in referring to it. Perhaps you need to get better informed on this. Obviously, nobody suggests that all Christians endorse Christian Zionism.
    Christian Zionism is a belief among some Christians that the return of the Jews to the Holy Land, and the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, is in accordance with Biblical prophecy. The term began to be used in the mid-20th century, superseding Christian Restorationism.[1][2]
    Hippolytus[3] and Irenaeus[4] foresaw a Jewish return from exile, despite their unbelief in Jesus. Traditional Catholic thought did not consider Zionism in any form[5] and Christian advocacy of the restoration of the Jews arose following the Protestant Reformation. A contemporary Israeli historian suggests that evangelical Christian Zionists of the 1840s "passed this notion on to Jewish circles".[6]
    Some Christian Zionists believe that the gathering of the Jews in Israel is a prerequisite for the Second Coming of Jesus. This belief is primarily, although not exclusively, associated with Dispensationalism. The idea that Christians should actively support a Jewish return to the Land of Israel, along with the parallel idea that the Jews ought to be encouraged to become Christians, as a means of fulfilling a Biblical prophecy has been common in Protestant circles since the Reformation.[7][8][9] Many Christian Zionists believe that the people of Israel remain part of the chosen people of God, along with the "ingrafted" Gentile Christians. (See [Romans 11:17-24] and dual-covenant theology.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

If you dislike Wikipedia as a source, which is not unlikely, then the same topic can be found in diverse alternative, and often Christian sources.

If in fact the world is going to end, if Jesus is going to come back, if these things are going to happen, we have to have a temple. And so we have Christians interested in seeing that the Temple is built, in some cases even willing to raise funds and even pay for this to be built. Gershon Solomon, who is one of the most vocal advocates of rebuilding the Temple, does much of his speaking not at synagogues, when he comes to the United States, but in Christian churches. He draws thousands of people that want to hear the latest news about the potential rebuilding of the Temple on the Temple Mount.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/apocalypse/explanation/jerusalem.html
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:221 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    I can read it either way and have it make sense to me, although I think Palestine is the more likely correct word.
    I was responding to sonhouse who mentioned both Palestines and Irans constitutions. I was questioning his reference to Iran as justification for discrimination within Israel. I would think the Iranian population in Israel is probably quite small and I find it hard to believe that Sonhouse thinks they were the subject of the discussion.

Suzianne was just desperately trying to find something wrong with my post so she could use my own words back at me and say "...then at least try and make sense."
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 18:40
    I was responding to sonhouse who mentioned both Palestines and Irans constitutions. I was questioning his reference to Iran as justification for discrimination within Israel. I would think the Iranian population in Israel is probably quite small and I find it hard to believe that Sonhouse thinks they were the subject of the discussion.

Suzianne was jus ...[text shortened]... my post so she could use my own words back at me and say "...then at least try and make sense."
    Agreed.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 17:25
    And you speak for all ~2.2 billion Christians around the world who all think exactly the same things you do?

You know a representative subset of all Christians, and not an unrepresentative subset of people who hold
    similar beliefs?

You believe that this view that "Christian I know encourages the Tribulation which comes before" will even
    survive ...[text shortened]...
    Now as the Billboards say... "There is probably no god. Now stop worrying and live your life."
    Yahshua, Christ Jesus said,
    "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

(Luke 21:34-36 NASB)

This is the attitude of the true Christians. We do not will for a great tribulation, but only hope for the return of our great God and Savior. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 17:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yahshua, Christ Jesus said,
    [quote] "Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth. [b]But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to ...[text shortened]... the return of our great God and Savior. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Ahh. the "true Christians" tm ... and who gets to decide who they are?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 19:32
    Ahh. the "true Christians" tm ... and who gets to decide who they are?
    I am just going to give you a slight hint. It certainly is not you. 😏
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 10:49
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I am just going to give you a slight hint. It certainly is not you. 😏
    And we are quite happy with that situation.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 11:381 edit
    Although I in no way deny that Jews have been discriminated against, and during the Second World War suffered probably the most extreme case of discrimination ever, we must not forget that there is a significant case of reporting bias. Jews and supporters of Israel have long been in positions of power including in the media which results in a lot more talk about discrimination of Jews than other cases of discrimination.

According to Wikipedia, during the holocaust, approximately 6 million Jews lost their lives. There were also approximately 5 million non-Jews killed in Nazi mass killings.

The civil war in the Congo claimed up to 6 million lives, but went largely unnoticed by the rest of the world.

People from Africa and Asia are more or less universally discriminated against when they live anywhere other than their home countries : and in many cases, even in their home countries.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 15:27
    Okay, so you just ignored the "the constitution of the Palestinian government" part, which was the entire point he was trying to make.

The constitution of Iran has nothing to do with "the situation within Israel", but the constitution of the Palestinian government has everything to do with "the situation within Israel".

So you are thus "defending the Palestinians" just as much as he is "defending Israel".
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 15:33
    I believe that Suzianne believes you made a mistake when posting this...

[quote]So if Angola's constitution avowed the destruction of South Africa, would that have justified the Aparthied in South Africa? Seriously now, what does [b]Iran's
    constitution have to do with the situation within Israel? If you are going to defend Israel then at least try ...[text shortened]... er way and have it make sense to me, although I think Palestine is the more likely correct word.[/b]
    Please. If you're going to butt in, "at least try to make sense". 🙂

I know he said Iran. I asked him if he merely ignored his mentioning of "the constitution of the Palestinian government". He mentioned Iran as an aside and yet twhitehead focused on the Iran point as if THAT was his main point, when it was not.

Twhitehead didn't make a mistake. He merely wanted it to look like the post he was replying to made no sense, when it actually made perfect sense.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Apr '15 15:39

Suzianne was jus ...[text shortened]... my post so she could use my own words back at me and say "...then at least try and make sense."
    Iran was not his main point. It was mentioned as an aside.

But you knew that.

His main point was CLEARLY "the constitution of the Palestinian government", but you jumped on the Iran point and wouldn't let go because you knew it wasn't his main point and would therefore make no sense. It was YOU who was "desperately trying to find something wrong" with his post and so yes, you were defending the Palestinian government.

" I would think the Iranian population in Israel is probably quite small and I find it hard to believe that Sonhouse thinks they were the subject of the discussion."

No kidding. Nice cover-up attempt. You and he both know what the subject of the discussion was.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree