Originally posted by divegeester
    Is this your personal opinion also?
    Yes. 😏
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 05:55
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We Christians have more of a connection with the Jews than with the Muslims for many reason. First we both believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob (Israel). The Muslims only accept the idea of the God of Abraham with no Son and this God's name is Allah. We Christians are the only ones that accept that Yahshua (Jesus) is the promised Christ of the Jews and the only begotten Son of God.
    Both Jews and Muslims believe in the absolute unity and singularity of God and reject completely the notion of a trinitarian God that is axiomatic for many hundreds of millions of Christians. So while there are fundamental theological differences between Christians and Jews stretching back 2,000 years, the conflict between Jews and Muslims, relatively speaking, is more recent and is more cultural and political in nature.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Both Jews and Muslims believe in the absolute unity and singularity of God and reject completely the notion of a trinitarian God that is axiomatic for many hundreds of millions of Christians. So while there are fundamental theological differences between Christians and Jews stretching back 2,000 years, the conflict between Jews and Muslims, relatively speaking, is more recent and is more cultural and political in nature.
    Have you forgotten about the Jew NAMED Yahshua (Jesus the Christ), who told His disciples to go baptize in the NAME of the FATHER, and of the SON, and of the HOLY SPIRIT???

The religion of Islam is a more recent invention than Judaism and Christianity. 😏
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:25
    Have you forgotten about the Jew NAMED Yahshua (Jesus the Christ), who told His disciples to go baptize in the NAME of the FATHER, and the SON, and the HOLY SPIRIT???
    Of course I haven't forgotten. That's exactly why I pointed out that both Jews and Muslims believe in God's absolute unity and singularity and reject completely the notion of a trinitarian God that you and many other Christians espouse. The Jews and Muslims do not believe in the divinity of Jesus: to the Jews he was a false messiah ~ not divine, not God ~ and to the Muslims he was a prophet ~ again, not divine, not God ~ who will return from the dead to deal with a false messiah at some point in the future.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course I haven't forgotten. That's exactly why I pointed out that both Jews and Muslims believe in God's absolute unity and singularity and reject completely the notion of a trinitarian God that you and many other Christians espouse. The Jews and Muslims do not believe in the divinity of Jesus: to the Jews he was a false messiah ~ not divine, not God ~ and to ...[text shortened]... ot God ~ who will return from the dead to deal with a false messiah at some point in the future.
    But is it possible that the Jews and the Muslims could be wrong about that? 😏
  6. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Here is a Wiki about the persecution of Jews:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews
    Thank you. As I said above, the persecution of the Jews is well documented and deplorable.

I do not see any answer to what I asked however, regarding the 100 year period during which the British permitted the massacre of Jews in Palestine.
    Like the British allowing the massacre of Jews in Palestine which went on for 100 years.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:45
    But is it possible that the Jews and the Muslims could be wrong about that? 😏
    Of course. The point, though, is that the theological difference between Christians and Jews over the issue of Jesus is arguably more fundamental than the one between Christians and Muslims.

At the very least, the latter both believe that Jesus will return from the dead at the "end times". The Jews totally reject Jesus and see him as a false messiah.

The conflict between Christians and Jews stretches back 2,000 years, and has a lot to do with their starkly different attitudes to Jesus.

Meanwhile the Jews and Muslims have been at loggerheads for a relatively short period of time, and their differences are more cultural and political; in the C20th the Muslim/Jews problem is geopolitical and one rooted in groupism, power and territory and scarcely theological or religious at all.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 09:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Of course. The point, though, is that the theological difference between Christians and Jews over the issue of Jesus is arguably more fundamental than the one between Christians and Muslims.

At the very least, the latter both believe that Jesus will return from the dead at the "end times". The Jews totally reject Jesus and see him as a false messiah.

The ...[text shortened]... al and one rooted in groupism, power and territory and scarcely theological or religious at all.
    But it is Muslims today that are going about beheading Christians and bombing Jews. That is a big fundamental difference to me. 😏
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 10:00
    But it is Muslims today that are going about beheading Christians and bombing Jews. That is a big fundamental difference to me. 😏
    Indeed, in the last several years. But it's not a manifestation of mainstream Islam. For 2,000 years Christians persecuted Jews and it was relatively mainstream when you consider the geographical extent, the frequency, the nature and scale of the atrocities, how long it went on, and the theological justification that Christians who engaged in the persecution felt they may have had.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 10:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    Indeed, in the last several years. But it's not a manifestation of mainstream Islam. For 2,000 years Christians persecuted Jews and it was relatively mainstream when you consider the geographical extent, the frequency, the nature and scale of the atrocities, how long it went on, and the theological justification that Christians who engaged in the persecution felt they may have had.
    It was the Romans that began persecuting the Jews 2,000 or more years ago, not the Christians. Anyway the Jews of today as well as the Muslim do not accept Jesus as the promised Messiah, so on that point the Jews and the Muslim agree and disagree with Christians. 😏
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 10:15
    Isn't it just a continuation of the old testament?
    The Hebrews misbehave (believe in Baal, murder, don't get snipped, eat bacon or whatever madness God told them to adhere to) and God punishes them.

I don't get what all the whining is about!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 11:12
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Isn't it just a continuation of the old testament?
    The Hebrews misbehave (believe in Baal, murder, don't get snipped, eat bacon or whatever madness God told them to adhere to) and God punishes them.

I don't get what all the whining is about!
    You know how many old people are always whinning about their aches and pains, like my butt hurts for sitting on it, and such. Well, I believe sonhouse has got to that age. 😏
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 11:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    There has ALWAYS been prejudice against Jews. It seems to be motivated by the Christian attitude that 'Jews killed Christ' Therefore Jews are murders.

Islamic terrorists hate Jews because they had the nerve to want their own country. Iran and Palestine have it in their constitution the desire to kill Israel.

The Christian prejudice is a bit more subt ...[text shortened]... now though. Of course many Christians don't hate Jews but a very large number of them still do.
    That's all practically ancient history. Even the whole 'Jews killed Christ' thing is so yesterday. I don't know any Christians who 'hate' Jews. In fact, they're very often supportive of Jews and Israel, especially vis–à–vis the Palestinian situation.
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 12:192 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That's all practically ancient history. Even the whole 'Jews killed Christ' thing is so yesterday. I don't know any Christians who 'hate' Jews. In fact, they're very often supportive of Jews and Israel, especially vis–à–vis the Palestinian situation.
    Absolutely. American fundies see Zionism as fulfilling their prophecies and are keen to expedite the End Days:

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/07/148076026/christians-provide-free-labor-on-jewish-settlements

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2012/1218/Why-some-Christians-back-Israeli-settlers-in-the-West-Bank
    Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, founder of the International Fellowship of Christians and Jews, has argued that evangelical Christian support could provide political leverage well beyond that of the pro-Israel lobby in the United States. They also have financial clout; he revealed in 2005 that his organization contributed more than $100 million per year to Israeli interests.

Although Palestinian Christians living in Palestine are feeling the pressure of illegal Jewish settlements encroaching on their space: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/dec/23/bethlehem-christians-feel-squeeze-settlements

while Greek Orthodox Christians feel oppressed:
    https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/17216-greek-orthodox-church-decries-attacks-by-jewish-settlers
    "The targeting of churches and mosques is caused by pervasive racism and hatred," he said in a statement.

Earlier Thursday, Jewish Settlers set fire to part of a religious school affiliated with Jerusalem's Greek Orthodox Church, Which they sprayed with anti-Christian graffiti. On Wednesday, settlers torched and sprayed graffiti on a West Bank mosque.

Theophilos III said Christians represented an "integral part" of the Holy Land, its history and its future, going on to assert that the Greek Orthodox Church was one of the world's most important churches.

"Criminals will not intimidate this church or its flock," he declared.

He called on government agencies to address repeated settler attacks on places of worship.

Earlier Thursday, The Palestinian Foreign Ministry called on both the Vatican and the international community to protect Islamic and Christian places of worship from what it described as "Jewish extremism."

"We strongly condemn these acts," the ministry said in a statement. "Yesterday a mosque near Bethlehem was torched and today a church in Jerusalem [was attacked]."

Extremist Jews, the ministry asserted, continued to attack Muslim and Christian places of worship while the Israeli government did nothing to stop them.

The ministry went on to blame the Israeli government for the trend, calling on the Vatican, the international community and the UN to help protect local religious sites.

On Wednesday, Jewish Settlers set fire to a mosque near the southern West Bank city of Bethlehem, Which Also they covered with anti-Arab and anti-Muslim graffiti.

Several instances of settler attacks on Muslim places of worship have been reported recently, both in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and in the self-proclaimed Jewish state itself.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 12:59
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Absolutely. American fundies see Zionism as fulfilling their prophecies and are keen to expedite the End Days:

http://www.npr.org/2012/03/07/148076026/christians-provide-free-labor-on-jewish-settlements

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2012/1218/Why-some-Christians-back-Israeli-settlers-in-the-West-Bank
    Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, found ...[text shortened]... , both in the Israeli-occupied West Bank and in the self-proclaimed Jewish state itself.
    Middle East Muslims also seem keen to expedite the End Days.

😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree