1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 20:43
    Originally posted by Alcra
    Oh my, another one of these posts.

WHY would an omnipotent being feel it necessary to create a race of worshippers? Is that omnipotent being that insecure, or are you guys just projecting your own insecurities?

In that sense than, you need to ask GOD, that question?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 21:08
    Without even getting into the faith/religion aspect of this question I will put my few thoughts into this subjuect. I struggle with the idea of if we are just a cosmic accident then why do we think& feel& have morals. Why do we do anything?? Have dreams & Goals& try to accoplish things in life. Try to understand our exsistance?? If we truly are just an accident of the comos/universe then we in my opinion are its worst accident. I will admit that I really do not believe that we are here just by accident but if that is the case how bleak an out look that is. Menace71 (Manny)
  3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 23:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    We're here because we're here. There is no reason. That's just the way it happened to turn out.
    And you call yourself rational?

We're here to either accept God or deny Him and prepare for our respective lives in eternity.
  4. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 23:46
    Originally posted by Darfius
    And you call yourself rational?

We're here to either accept God or deny Him and prepare for our respective lives in eternity.
    Do you ever read what you have just written?

Because rwingett (please correct me if I am misrepresenting you R) knows that there is no reasonable explanation for our existence at this present time (although it may become apparent in the future), he chooses to accept this. This is a perfectly rational stance.

You on the other hand not only accuse him of being irational, you have the gall to then state an entirely irational position.

You really are something else.
  5. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 23:54
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Do you ever read what you have just written?

Because rwingett (please correct me if I am misrepresenting you R) knows that there is no reasonable explanation for our existence at this present time (although it may become apparent in the future), he chooses to accept this. This is a perfectly rational stance.

You on the other hand not only accuse hi ...[text shortened]... ou have the gall to then state an entirely irational position.

You really are something else.
    If he had said "I do not know." then he would have been quite rational. However, he says "we are here for no reason." That is entirely irrational and anti-scientific.

Your opinion that belief in God is irrational is opinion, neither supported by science nor popular opinion.
  6. Graceland.
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 01:49
    Originally posted by medullah
    Nice simpe inteeligent answrs would be good. I've seen some of the replies to other things and they get a bit lonf winded and confusing. Anyone to start this off?

DNS is simply host name resolution to IP Address. When you type in www.redhotpawn.com , you are actually being redirected to a specific server on which this application is loaded on. Really, it is very similar to browing to another person's PC on a network.

gl.
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 02:09
    If he had said "I do not know." then he would have been quite rational. However, he says "we are here for no reason." That is entirely irrational and anti-scientific.

Your opinion that belief in God is irrational is opinion, neither supported by science nor popular opinion.
    Faith is not rational. If it were then you would have no need for it.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 02:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    Without even getting into the faith/religion aspect of this question I will put my few thoughts into this subjuect. I struggle with the idea of if we are just a cosmic accident then why do we think& feel& have morals. Why do we do anything?? Have dreams & Goals& try to accoplish things in life. Try to understand our exsistance?? If we truly are just an acci ...[text shortened]... re just by accident but if that is the case how bleak an out look that is. Menace71 (Manny)
    If we are by accident, why is there order in our bodies, or in the earth. If the earth and all that is on/in it, were created by accident? Why is there no real caos that accidents cause. Why or how did this accident happen in perfect order.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 02:30
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    If we are by accident, why is there order in our bodies, or in the earth. If the earth and all that is on/in it, were created by accident? Why is there no real caos that accidents cause. Why or how did this accident happen in perfect order.
    There is "order" in our bodies, for example, because a "disorderly" body would never have been viable in the first place, and would not have survived.
  10. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:02
    Originally posted by rwingett
    There is "order" in our bodies, for example, because a "disorderly" body would never have been viable in the first place, and would not have survived.
    Pointing out the product does not tell us the process, rwingett. Just admit you do not know.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:13
    Pointing out the product does not tell us the process, rwingett. Just admit you do not know.
    Just admit you do not know.

A pretty nervy statement from a person who claims to know everything. Rob's answer is perfectly correct; assuming that by an "orderly" body, blindfaith meant one that functions in a n orderly manner. A non-functioning body i.e. a "disorderly" one would be useless. You and blindfaith presume to know the answer of why we have functioning bodies, but in truth you believe in fairy tales concoted by people who had little knowledge of how the body functioned. This is pretty illogical and irrational.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:34
    We have to remember that the way a person of faith(Christian) looks at the world/cosmos/universe(darn love that slash thingLOL)will be different from how an agnostic /athesist will look at the subject of how or why we are here. I'm saying that for me personally if we are an accident or random processes that would be bleak. I don't really believe that though. The bible or faith in God gives those who believe those answers. I think though as Christians we need to try to give people answers to the questions they ask. The other thing is at least for me and I must admit this we do not have all of the answers. Why suffering and death why did God do things the way he did?? How old is the earth? or the universe? I believe there are some answers to these questions but alot of answers to these questions are mere speculation by Christians & people who don't believe. People of faith will say if you believe what the first verse of the bible says there is your answer. Can we explain how old the stars are?? I believe they are older that 6000 years so how as Christians do we answer that. Asking these questions for me personally dosen't hurt my faith but it challenges it. Sorry did not mean to go off on a tangent. menace71 (Manny)
  13. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Just admit you do not know.

A pretty nervy statement from a person who claims to know everything. Rob's answer is perfectly correct; assuming that by an "orderly" body, blindfaith meant one that functions in a n orderly manner. A non-functioning body i.e. a "disorderly" one would be useless. You and blindfaith presume to know the answer o ...[text shortened]... e who had little knowledge of how the body functioned. This is pretty illogical and irrational.
    Can you back this up at all?
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 03:52
    Can you refute my statements at all? Most are simple factual observations; for example, you're not really claiming that the ancient Israelites had any detailed knowledge of human physiology are you?
  15. Copenhagen
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 08:571 edit
    I'd like to back it up. Our body is packed with flaws, and I'll even provide two examples.
    1. Our eyes.
    For some reason the blood vessels in the eye are places in front of the optic nerves, which means that we constantly have to make tiny adjustments with our eyes or else we would have blind spots in our eye sight.
    2. Our spinal column
    It is not ment to support a life on only two legs. Therefor a large portion of the grown up population has problems with pain in their back.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree