1. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 10:07
    Originally posted by nickybutt
    I'd like to back it up. Our body is packed with flaws, and I'll even provide two examples.
    1. Our eyes.
    For some reason the blood vessels in the eye are places in front of the optic nerves, which means that we constantly have to make tiny adjustments with our eyes or else we would have blind spots in our eye sight.
    2. Our spinal column
    It is not ment ...[text shortened]... legs. Therefor a large portion of the grown up population has problems with pain in their back.
    Given how important air is to human survival, why would even a moderately intelligent designer dedicate a single opening for both the food intake tube and the air intake tube? Why would even a moderately intelligent designer supply human beings with an appendix? Why would even a moderately intelligent designer supply human beings with wisdom teeth, and fail to provide in the majority of cases enough room in the mouth for those teeth? Why would a even a moderately intelligent designer design eyes that first reverse an image, just so that the visual system has to them re-reverse the image?

Etc. etc. etc.

And don't even get me started on the Panda's 'thumb'. Our design, while wonderfully complex, is ad hoc and sub-optimal.
  2. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    23 Mar '05 10:24
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Given how important air is to human survival, why would even a moderately intelligent designer dedicate a single opening for both the food intake tube and the air intake tube? Why would even a moderately intelligent designer supply human beings with an appendix? Why would even a moderately intelligent designer supply human beings with wisdom teeth, and fail ...[text shortened]... on the Panda's 'thumb'. Our design, while wonderfully complex, is ad hoc and sub-optimal.
    But you have to admit, Bennett, that the nose and ears have been beautifully engineered to support corrective lenses.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree