Why are White Christians so racist?

Why are White Christians so racist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/racism-among-white-christians-higher-among-nonreligious-s-no-coincidence-ncna1235045

Racism among white Christians is higher than among the nonreligious. That's no coincidence.

Even from way back to the Spanish Inquisition, brutality and murder from Christians accompanied rampant anti-Semitism.

The phrase " ...[text shortened]... ting other races?

Isn't Christianity absolutely worthless if the KKK can so comfortably fit in?
A few weeks of stupid threads like this and then will come your apology and the claim that you are stressed out, and have problems and you need a break from the forum because you are being a jerk.. We will wait for it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@vivify said
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/racism-among-white-christians-higher-among-nonreligious-s-no-coincidence-ncna1235045

Racism among white Christians is higher than among the nonreligious. That's no coincidence.

Even from way back to the Spanish Inquisition, brutality and murder from Christians accompanied rampant anti-Semitism.

The phrase " ...[text shortened]... ting other races?

Isn't Christianity absolutely worthless if the KKK can so comfortably fit in?
There has always been people that think like you.

White guilt leftist ideologue. YOU are the racist.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@chaney3 removed their quoted post
And you are a racist of another stripe.

And you're not a Christian.

Moves
18 Jan 22

Jesus wasn't white.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

Jesus loves the little children
All the children of the world
Red and yellow, black and white
They are precious in His sight
Jesus loves the little children of the world

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
This isn’t exactly a No True Scotsman device.
That's exactly what it is. You, and your behaviour and your character, are part of Christianity.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22

@fmf said
That's exactly what it is. You, and your behaviour and your character, are part of Christianity.
Well, FMF, it seems evident that you just exhibited the no true Scotsman fallacy.

Making a sweeping generalization about Christianity based on the performance of a single individual.

I suppose that now you'll lump all Christians into the same category.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
Well, FMF, it seems evident that you just exhibited the no true Scotsman fallacy.
Nope. Quite the opposite.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
Making a sweeping generalization about Christianity based on the performance of a single individual.
I am doing the opposite of making a sweeping generalization. And the whole point is that it is NOT sbout the behaviour of ONE person. You, for example, and your demeanour and behaviour are part of Christianity.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
I suppose that now you'll lump all Christians into the same category.
Of course not. Gosh, you haven't understood a word I've said.

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
There has always been people that think like

White guilt leftist ideologue. YOU are the racist.
Explain why. Because I pointed out racism that's endemic among white Christians?

Because I used a legitimate news source pointing out white Christians are more racist than non-religious people? Because I gave a thorough recap of the history white Christians going back to tine Spanish Inquisition all the way to Jim Crow?

And I haven't even mentioned the fact that U.S. Christians are the largest base for a president who called Mexican immigrants drug-using rapists, while calling for a ban on all Muslims, *and* was found by the Nixon administration to use racist practices against blacks; an amazing feat given that Nixon himself was notoriously racist.

Instead of saying "yes, you're right' Christianity is infected with racism and has been for centuries", you just childishly resort to "nuh-uh, you are".

rain

Moves
18 Jan 22

Christianity is worthless.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I am doing the opposite of making a sweeping generalization. And the whole point is that it is NOT sbout the behaviour of ONE person. You, for example, and your demeanour and behaviour are part of Christianity.
No. I'm part of humanity, with the same propensity to be flawed as any other.

You're making a generalization.

What is supposed to be different is what I believe and put my faith in. Your psychoanalysis notwithstanding.

Christians promote a spiritual belief system based on biblical theology and doctrine.

The Word of God is infallible, but Christians are not.

You need to hone your compartmentalization skills with regards to making distinctions between believer and belief.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22
1 edit

@josephw said
You're making a generalization.
No. I am doing the opposite.

I am saying you can't generalize about Christians and Christianity; instead we do the exact opposite of generalize, and see instead that it comprises of great diversity.

Christianity is an accumulation of what billions of Christians think and do and say. It's diverse, not generalized.

F

Moves
18 Jan 22

@josephw said
Christians promote a spiritual belief system based on biblical theology and doctrine.
Yes. True. And "Christianity" is composed of how all these individuals behave because of, or in spite of, the theological beliefs they espouse.