1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    We have had this argument many times before. And as always you have it all backwards.

Please pay attention this time.

I will use myself as an example, but this is only one of many [potentially an infinite number of] ways
    to come to the same result, do not think all/many/most atheists follow the same path, or that I am
    describing anyone but my ...[text shortened]... might include some other things, people can have
    more than one belief system they ascribe to].
    So we are in agreement you don't see/believe so you look to other explanations for all you
    do see around you. You fill in all questions systematically with that which you believe suits
    your foundational view of the universe. Being rationalist and a skeptic your atheism helps
    you see the universe and understand it by those things you think/believe are true which
    you cannot see or prove, rejecting other things which may be true which you also cannot
    see or prove.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    So we are in agreement you don't see/believe so you look to other explanations for all you
    do see around you. You fill in all questions systematically with that which you believe suits
    your foundational view of the universe. Being rationalist and a skeptic your atheism helps
    you see the universe and understand it by those things you think/believe are tru ...[text shortened]... nnot see or prove, rejecting other things which may be true which you also cannot
    see or prove.
    No. we are not in agreement. We are in the exact opposite of agreement.

How many times do I/'we have to tell you this for you to understand it.

WE DO NOT VIEW THE UNIVERSE THROUGH A LENS OF ATHEISM

Period. full stop. end of story.

Keep saying otherwise and I will simply write you off as a total and complete moron.

This is not that hard to understand. I would expect an 8 year old to get this.

This is about cause and effect.

Theism and atheism are effects, skepticism and rationalism are causes.

YOU are a theist BECAUSE of your world view.

I am and atheist BECAUSE of my world view.

My world view is not atheism, it does not start with atheism, it's not based on atheism, and
    if evidence came along that convinced me that a god or gods existed I would cease to be an
    atheist while keeping my world view and belief system completely intact. Atheism is not in any
    way shape or form part of my world view.

Can you get this simple fact FFS!
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:471 edit

[b]WE DO NOT VIEW THE UNIVERSE THROUGH A LENS OF ATHEISM

Keep saying otherwise and I will simply write you off as a total and complete moron.

This is not that h ...[text shortened]... sm is not in any

Can you get this simple fact FFS![/b]
    I agree with you, you reject God which makes you an Atheist, or you have no belief in God
    which makes you an Atheist. Being an Atheist does not have God as a Creator so you will
    find other ways to answer all of the questions. This finding of other ways will systematically
    build your world view, and that will be done on the foundation of your rejection or lack of
    belief in God, it must be or you will no longer be an Atheist.

You cannot take a the universe as a whole, claim one of the main variables in it God can
    be either a zero or a null value and piece it all together without making other variables
    cover what God did and does, something has to do the things that God did and does. If
    God isn't real as you believe or claim than something else did those things God
    supposedly was required to do.

If God isn't the first cause, then someone else, something else, or there is no first cause
    it all has to be accounted for, and your beliefs around answering that question will be
    built systematically. Your beliefs will allow for or reject certain things out of hand as you
    do God, you will do it with other possible answers too.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:49

[b]WE DO NOT VIEW THE UNIVERSE THROUGH A LENS OF ATHEISM

This is not that h ...[text shortened]... sm is not in any

Can you get this simple fact FFS![/b]
    "Keep saying otherwise and I will simply write you off as a total and complete moron.

You got to this place fast.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 19:53
    "Keep saying otherwise and I will simply write you off as a total and complete moron.

Well, take from that what you will.

You are a theist and so, to him, you already were a "total and complete moron".

To him, theism is bad, and he already judged you, based solely on that.

Yes, intolerant and prejudicial. It is what it is.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 20:141 edit

No, we've had this argument many times, and I've given up.

You're too stupid to understand this very simply point.
  7. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 20:141 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Wrong. on all points.

I know plenty of theists who are intelligent good people. I used to think you might be
    one of them. KJ is just stupid, completely independent of being a theist.
  8. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 20:15
    I agree with you, you reject God which makes you an Atheist, or you have no belief in God
    which makes you an Atheist. Being an Atheist does not have God as a Creator so you will
    find other ways to answer all of the questions. This finding of other ways will systematically
    build your world view, and that will be done on the foundation of your rejection or ...[text shortened]... eject certain things out of hand as you
    do God, you will do it with other possible answers too.
    You do not agree with me. You don't understand what I am saying.

You prove it with everything you say.
  9. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 21:41
    Originally posted by Suzianne

Incidentally, did you see my rebuttal to this charge you keep accusing me of at
    the bottom of page 3 of this thread?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/does-your-god-understand-fun.166483/page-3

Because I took some time to make clear that I do not in fact hate you, or judge people
    solely on the fact that they are theists etc.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 22:12
    Originally posted by 667joe
    If you sin against another person, only that person can forgive you, not Jesus. It is very immoral to expect Jesus to forgive you and bypass the person against whom you have sinned! (This is the concept of vicarious redemption.)
    Are you going to answer my question?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Dec '15 23:13
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I think his anti-social personality would have found a way of manifesting itself had he been an atheist.
    Nonsense.

He was clearly inspired by the teachings of Jesus Christ
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 00:001 edit
    No, we've had this argument many times, and I've given up.

You're too stupid to understand this very simply point.
    I understand your point. You just don't like my reasons.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 00:21
    I understand your point. You just don't like my reasons.
    No, you don't.

I can tell you don't understand my point when you say "we agree that" and then go and
    say a whole bunch of things that directly contradict everything I have been saying.

If you think that what you are saying and what I am saying mean the same thing you
    obviously have absolutely no clue whatsoever what I am talking about.

And this issue is so simple and obvious it beggars belief that you cannot grasp it.

It's like not being able to get someone to accept that 1 + 1 = 2
  14. Maryland
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 01:30
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I take it you are not a supporter of the "no true Scotsman" excuse?
    I see a question mark, but not a question.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Dec '15 02:364 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Robert Louis Dear — the right-wing Christian terrorist who attacked a Planned Parenthood location in Colorado Springs — was a violent, woman-hating serial offender with a history of sexual assault and domestic violence. An ex-wife said in court documents that the 57-year-old believes that “as long as he’s saved” by Jesus Christ, “he can do whatever he pleases.”
    Why do you jump to conclusion that this was a right-wing Christian. Are you saying there is not one left-wing person that is against crushing the head of an unborn baby in order to havest the human body parts for sell?

How does this prove to you that right-wing Christians are women haters?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree