1. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 08:54
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Apparently the cells within our bodies, (and the bodies/physical systems of all life), can be "triggered" by "higher forces" to evolve quicker than they would naturally.
    Karoly that's as vague as can be.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 08:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    They might be watching and reporting on what you post on
    this website.
    Good.
  3. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 08:55
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.

What other 'happenings' may they be?[/b]
    **************BUMPED FOR MR G***************

Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.

What other 'happenings' may they be?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 09:58
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.
    This reporting they do to God would also prove that he is not omnipresent as some believe or at least not in our viewpoint of understanding him.
    So when you pray, does God hear you, or is it reported to him via a network of angels?
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 16:48
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    But what I want to know is, does a Balrog actually have wings!?
    No. If they had wings Gandalf wouldn't have been able to make it fall down by breaking the bridge.
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 05:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Yep .. the question was about angels. Not seraphims etc.
    Keep looking. 🙂

By the way, do you realise how easy it is for people to read and misunderstand simple english? You were so convinced you had found the verse. Same with RHinds.
    However the bible does not say these are not angels either. I think we know there are some type of beings that are called the "Sons of God" The begin of Job speaks of this where it says:

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 05:151 edit
    18 Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing on His right and on His left. 19 The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab king of Israel to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. 20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.’ And the LORD said to him, ‘How?’ 21 He said, ‘I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and prevail also. Go and do so.’ 22 Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of these your prophets, for the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.”

PS: little sidebar on this also G-75 How is it that Micaiah says He saw the Lord? If No man has seen the Lord?

These Host are beings or angels and we get glimpses in the scriptures

Manny
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    08 Jun '11 11:07
    Originally posted by menace71
    However the bible does not say these are not angels either.
    Come on Manny, you can do better than that ... 🙂
    The Bible says what they are. The Bible does not have to say what it is not !!!
    If its a cherubim it says cherubim.
    If its a seraphim it says seraphim.
    If its an angel it says angel.
    If its a woman with wings it says woman with wings
    If it says sons of God it could be regular men as well.

Why would you blindly ascribe the term angel to everything?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 00:461 edit

We have already told you that Angel is the general term we
    use for all of them. Here is inforrmation on the seraphim:

The word Seraphim which originates from Hebrew, is the plural version of the word Seraph. So obviously when you say Seraphim, you are referring to more than one Seraph angel. The Seraphim are a high ranking class of celestial beings, which were first mentioned in the Old Testament of the Hebrew Bible, or Tanakh as it's properly called. Subsequent references to the Seraphim then appeared in further Hebrew religious scripture, where they became slightly more developed, and described as having a human like form.

During later Biblical periods the Seraphim also passed into Christian writings, where they would eventually be incorporated into the Christian angelic hierarchy, and listed as the highest order of angels. The early Christians placed more emphasis on them than they had ever been granted previously in Jewish scripture, thus redefining them in the process. Most of the early Christian scripture that contained direct references to the Seraphim, were noncanonical, meaning that these writings are not considered official.

The one reference to the Seraphim in the Old Testament, can be found in Isaiah Chapter 6, verses 1 through 3, which is Isaiah's vision. The passage reads, "In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were Seraphs, each with six wings, with two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another, holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty, the whole earth is full of his glory".

In Orthodox Judaism, the Seraphim are part of a unique and complex angelic hierarchy, where they occupy the fifth rank out of ten ranks of angels, all of which are outlined within the exposition of Maimonides. To highlight the importance of these angels within the Jewish religious context, the prophet Isaiah's vision of the Seraphim is repeated in prayer several times throughout a typical Jewish religious service. Orthodox Judaism holds the traditional belief in many angels, including frequent references to the Seraphim in Jewish scripture.

When it comes to the literal belief in angels within Judaism, it should be noted that it is not universal among all practicing conservative or orthodox Jews. Jewish reformists and reconstructionists generally do not believe in angels at all, although they do retain written references to them for strictly metaphorical purposes. A similar parallel can also be found within Christianity as well, with many conservative Christians believing in angels and spiritual beings, and then on the other hand there many who do not believing them.

Within Christian theology, the Seraphim occupy the highest rank of angels, and are the direct caretakers of God's throne. Circling the heavenly seat, they are locked in an eternal song referred to as the Trisagion song. The first mention of the Seraphim within the Christian New Testament is in the Book of Revelation Chapter 4, verses 6 through 8. This verse goes on to describe them in more detail than the first mention of them in the Old Testament, and has allowed scholars to understand them more. For the scripture excerpt, read on.

And before the throne there was a sea of glass, and in the center and around the throne, four living creatures full of eyes in front and behind. The first creature was like a lion, and the second creature like a calf, and the third creature had a face like that of a man, and the fourth creature was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and were full of eyes inside and out. Without stopping day or night they were saying, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, who is, and who is coming very soon.

I believe Satan was one of these type angels.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 00:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We have already told you that Angel is the general term we
    use for all of them. Here is inforrmation on the seraphim:

The word Seraphim which originates from Hebrew, is the plural version of the word Seraph. So obviously when you say Seraphim, you are referring to more than one Seraph angel. The Seraphim are a high ranking class of celestial beings, wh ...[text shortened]... was, who is, and who is coming very soon.

I believe Satan was one of these type angels.
    I already told you, that Im not interested in what you say angels or seraphims or cherumbims are. Im interested in what the BIBLE SAYS. Not you or Webster, or Jewish tradition.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 03:43
    I already told you, that Im not interested in what you say angels or seraphims or cherumbims are. Im interested in what the BIBLE SAYS. Not you or Webster, or Jewish tradition.
    I am telling you that the bible does not say everything
    about everything. So if you wish to remain ignorant that
    is your choice.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 04:451 edit

Well I would call them angels they obviously have different role however. The Seraphim obviously has a special role just by Isaiah's vision. I don't rule out Jewish tradition either they understood and were given the oracles of God. Who cares anyway we know there are beings that are not human and live somewhere else and that God created these beings. If anyone of us saw a seraph we would crap our pants anyway. If we saw God we would be undone as Isaiah was period!!!

Manny

Manny
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Jun '11 12:29
    Originally posted by menace71
    Well I would call them angels they obviously have different role however. The Seraphim obviously has a special role just by Isaiah's vision. I don't rule out Jewish tradition either they understood and were given the oracles of God. Who cares anyway we know there are beings that are not human and live somewhere else and that God created these beings. If an ...[text shortened]... ts anyway. If we saw God we would be undone as Isaiah was period!!!

Manny

Manny
    lol .. you are correct.

In any case the discussion started of with me challenging RJHinds to show me a passage in the Bible to support his claim that the Bible has descriptions of angels with wings.

I only did that to demonstrate a point, which is that we need to be careful what we claim the Bible says or did not say. If another book says angels have wings then by all means state that. But its important to distinguish Bible writings from other writings. At least I think its important since this is partly the reason why Christianity has gone so far astray from the teachings of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree