1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 04:333 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I can bet money that you can find no reference in the Bible which says or implies that an angel has wings.
    Isaiah 6
    New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Isaiah’s Vision

1 In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said,

Rajk you can send the money to Manny at PO BOX MannyKnowshisbible LOL 🙂
    I'm just being a smart @$$ BTW actually I remember where things are in my bible that I've had sense I was 15 by where they are on the page kinda weird. Oh I read more and I see you don't believe these beings are angels my bad.

Manny
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 04:39
    No Lucifer is a mis-translation

Manny
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 04:481 edit
    Technically speaking I think Rajk is correct the bible does not say what these beings are except by the meaning of their names like Seraphim mean burning or fire and these beings being in God's presence cover their faces and feet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph

We know there are other beings beside us but honestly we know very little

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 05:03
    Another interesting thing is most human encounters with these beings (angels) usually produces fear. When the angels proclaimed the birth of Christ the shepherds were in fear. Anyway G-75 to answer your original post the angels and any of these beings were created by God to be servants and to do what ever God wants them to do.

Manny
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 05:29
    But what I want to know is, does a Balrog actually have wings!?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 09:33
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    But what I want to know is, does a Balrog actually have wings!?
    It could be that the wings are those of the dragon the Balrog ride.
    That is my guess.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 12:011 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    Technically speaking I think Rajk is correct the bible does not say what these beings are except by the meaning of their names like Seraphim mean burning or fire and these beings being in God's presence cover their faces and feet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seraph

We know there are other beings beside us but honestly we know very little

Manny
    Yep .. the question was about angels. Not seraphims etc.
    Keep looking. 🙂

By the way, do you realise how easy it is for people to read and misunderstand simple english? You were so convinced you had found the verse. Same with RHinds.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 21:40
    Another interesting thing is most human encounters with these beings (angels) usually produces fear. When the angels proclaimed the birth of Christ the shepherds were in fear. Anyway G-75 to answer your original post the angels and any of these beings were created by God to be servants and to do what ever God wants them to do.

Manny
    Thanks and yes he does use them for many purposes. I was just bringing up the point as in the case of Satan originally being in a high position of being one to watch over the earth and there could have even been other angels that may have been assigned here too.
    And no doubt they could be used to control natural events here on earth as well directing mankind or governments to fullfill God's plans.
    Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.
    This reporting they do to God would also prove that he is not omnipresent as some believe or at least not in our viewpoint of understanding him.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 21:48
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks and yes he does use them for many purposes. I was just bringing up the point as in the case of Satan originally being in a high position of being one to watch over the earth and there could have even been other angels that may have been assigned here too.
    And no doubt they could be used to control natural events here on earth as well directing m ...[text shortened]... at he is not omnipresent as some believe or at least not in our viewpoint of understanding him.
    Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.

What other 'happenings' may they be?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 22:52
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.

What other 'happenings' may they be?[/b]
    "happennings" that affect the evolution of the human race, in fact all life.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 22:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "happennings" that affect the evolution of the human race, in fact all life.
    Tell me more.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 23:00

Manny
    The fear that we experience when encountering these higher "spirits" is usually just a reflection of the fear that we carry around with us. It is amplified when we get closer to our origonal natures, as the time between thought and resulting manifestation of those thoughts is shortened.
    (if you have trouble understanding this, I will try to rephrase)
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    06 Jun '11 23:031 edit
    Tell me more.
    Apparently the cells within our bodies, (and the bodies/physical systems of all life), can be "triggered" by "higher forces" to evolve quicker than they would naturally.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 00:14
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Apparently the cells within our bodies, (and the bodies/physical systems of all life), can be "triggered" by "higher forces" to evolve quicker than they would naturally.
    What? Triggerd by who?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Jun '11 04:36
    [b]Also they no doubt are being used to watch and report to God other happings in the vast universe.

What other 'happenings' may they be?[/b]
    They might be watching and reporting on what you post on
    this website.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree