1. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 00:39
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    What do you think stops them from making the leap?
    maybe they're scared of the committment, or perhaps they feel comfortable in a church setting, but do not feel spiritualy moved
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 00:51
    Originally posted by duecer
    maybe they're scared of the committment, or perhaps they feel comfortable in a church setting, but do not feel spiritualy moved
    I guess I can't help but see it as a lack of belief. Seems to me that if they truly believed, they would make the leap.
  3. Illinois
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 01:32
    I can't understand how you got this from the above verses:
    [b]The word of God says you do the very things you accuse Christians of doing.

Romans is a specific warning against hypocrisy. Matthew is a general warning against hypocrisy.

How does the verse support the allegations you are making here:
    Is the word of God correct in that assessme ...[text shortened]... urse, you do not: "by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified" (Galatians 2:16).[/b]
    Simply put, you are not perfect, therefore you have no right to judge others.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 01:411 edit
    Originally posted by epiphinehas
    Simply put, you are not perfect, therefore you have no right to judge others.
    I hope the irony of that statement isn't lost on you.

Would it surprise you to hear that I've been told that before only to be thanked later for being the only one willing to confront them?
  5. Illinois
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 03:45
    I hope the irony of that statement isn't lost on you.

Would it surprise you to hear that I've been told that before only to be thanked later for being the only one willing to confront them?
    I don't see the irony. Enlighten me.
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 03:551 edit
    I don't see the irony. Enlighten me.
    You aren't judging me?
  7. Illinois
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 06:25
    You aren't judging me?
    Nope. I have no idea what kind of life you lead. How could I? All I do know for sure is that you, like me and everyone else, do not obey God's law perfectly. Since you consistently accuse Christians of living dubious moral lives, I thought it appropriate to turn the spotlight on you for a change.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 11:261 edit
    Nope. I have no idea what kind of life you lead. How could I? All I do know for sure is that you, like me and everyone else, do not obey God's law perfectly. Since you consistently accuse Christians of living dubious moral lives, I thought it appropriate to turn the spotlight on you for a change.
    Where's the dividing line between judging and 'turning the spotlight on'?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 12:37
    Where's the dividing line between judging and 'turning the spotlight on'?
    Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with what measure you mete, it will be measured back to you again."
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 12:391 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgement you judge, you will be judged; and with what measure you mete, it will be measured back to you again."
    Is this supposed to answer the question?

Interesting for someone who judges homosexuals as being unworthy for church membership or leadership to be bringing this up.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 13:011 edit
    Is this supposed to answer the question?

Interesting for someone who judges homosexuals as being unworthy for church membership or leadership to be bringing this up.
    I am simply saying that with what measure you judge, you will be judged. In other words, if you don't like the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!!

In the thread about homosexuals, I was not talking directly to anyone who was a homosexual, rather, I was merely interpreting the laws of God on the subject as a generality and I showed where the Bible discusses such issues. It would be akin to talking about any other commandment such as killing, stealing, fornicating, comitting adultery etc, etc. By saying that these activities are sins in general is simply reitorating what God has said on the matter.

Really the issue is the interpretations of such commands. I provided sources in the Bible backing my interpretations and requested other Biblical sources to refute my interpretations but got none. I was not attacking any one personally on the matter.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 13:133 edits
    I am simply saying that with what measure you judge, you will be judged. In other words, if you don't like the heat, then stay out of the kitchen!!

In the thread about homosexuals, I was not talking directly to anyone who was a homosexual, rather, I was merely interpreting the laws of God on the subject as a generality and I showed where the Bible discuss ...[text shortened]... refute my interpretations but got none. I was not attacking any one personally on the matter.
    Please. You stated in no uncertain terms that you would seek to remove a homosexual from church membership and/ or leadership should there be a member who is openly gay. You also admitted that you had no scriptural references for taking such action. You kept bringing up the law, but aren't ready to take such action against gluttons, the wealthy, divorced people etc.

Is it possible for you to post without lying? Your interpretations were refuted time and again by myself and others. You just chose not accept the refutation.

Are you prepared to take such action against chronic liars such as yourself?
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 17:48
    Please. You stated in no uncertain terms that you would seek to remove a homosexual from church membership and/ or leadership should there be a member who is openly gay. You also admitted that you had no scriptural references for taking such action. You kept bringing up the law, but aren't ready to take such action against gluttons, the wealthy, divorced ...[text shortened]... the refutation.

Are you prepared to take such action against chronic liars such as yourself?
    My position is, or at least what I attempted to show, was that ANY openly sinful lifestyle must be dealt with if seen as such within the church. It just so happens that the issue was homosexuality that was in question. Take adultery, for example. When Jesus showed mercy to her he told her to go and sin no more. Adultery was "judged" by Christ to be a sin according to Mosaic law. Therefore, was he being judgemental in telling the woman she was sinning and to not sin anymore?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Sep '07 20:421 edit
    My position is, or at least what I attempted to show, was that ANY openly sinful lifestyle must be dealt with if seen as such within the church. It just so happens that the issue was homosexuality that was in question. Take adultery, for example. When Jesus showed mercy to her he told her to go and sin no more. Adultery was "judged" by Christ to be a sin ...[text shortened]... erefore, was he being judgemental in telling the woman she was sinning and to not sin anymore?
    It's remarkable how you seem to have absolutely no reservations with distorting or even flying in the face of truth in an effort to make yourself look better.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Oct '07 01:20
    It's remarkable how you seem to have absolutely no reservations with distorting or even flying in the face of truth in an effort to make yourself look better.
    Ok, so lets say I am the hypocritical liar you judge me to be. In fact, I am in your church and I am a church leader and I openly live in such a way. Should I be dealt with? Should I remain in a position of authority while blowing off any correction from the church for living that way?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree