1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 00:442 edits
    I recently say a license plate frame that read, "Smile! Jesus Loves You!."

Over the years, I've known many Christians that take delight in the idea that Jesus loves them. I've known many that love the idea that Jesus loves them.

If one believed in Jesus, one would follow the teachings of Jesus.
    If one loved Jesus, one would follow the teachings of Jesus.

Over the years, I've known many Christians that follow the Bible. I've known many that follow Christianity.

I don't know that I've known ANY Christians that actually follow the teachings of Jesus. That actually believe and love Jesus enough to follow his teachings.

Thoughts?
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 04:05
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I recently say a license plate frame that read, \"Smile! Jesus Loves You!.\"

Over the years, I\'ve known many Christians that take delight in the idea that Jesus loves them. I\'ve known many that love the idea that Jesus loves them.

If one loved Jesus, one would follow the teaching ...[text shortened]... hat actually believe and love Jesus enough to follow his teachings.

Thoughts?
    Jesus teaches silly things, like not checking out hot chicks. Things that are against our very nature. Is it any wonder that few actually follow what he said?
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 05:41
    I don't know that I've known ANY Christians that actually follow the teachings of Jesus.

Thoughts?
    It is interesting how much Christianity is based on Paul and his teachings.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 07:48
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    You are right. Most Christians are really Paulians and put Pauls teachings above Christs.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 07:52
    Over the years, I've known many Christians that follow the Bible. I've known many that follow Christianity.
    You mean 'claim to follow the Bible'. What most actually do is follow what they want to follow and then interpret the Bible to suit themselves. It has been shown time and time again in this forum that not one single Christian is ready to stand up and defend a single verse in the Bible that they do not like. Those that don't believe the Bible to be 100% accurate will simply dismiss verses they don't like and those that do claim it is accurate will go for the 'wrong interpretation' claim however far fetched.
  6. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 07:57
    No christian(or anyone else for that matter) is perfect....we try to follow Jesus' teachings but we all fall short!
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 08:03
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    No christian(or anyone else for that matter) is perfect....we try to follow Jesus' teachings but we all fall short!
    I don't believe that you try very hard. You actually allow yourself to fall short with the belief that you will be forgiven. Why is it that Christians seem to do no better on average than atheists? Are atheists also trying?
  8. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 09:39
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I don't believe that you try very hard. You actually allow yourself to fall short with the belief that you will be forgiven. Why is it that Christians seem to do no better on average than atheists? Are atheists also trying?
    On the contrary...Atheist dont even try...Christians...true christians try hard every single day and have to defend God constantly!!!
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 10:071 edit
    On the contrary...Atheist dont even try...Christians...true christians try hard every single day and have to defend God constantly!!!
    So why do Atheists seem to do just as well without even trying as Christians who are trying hard every single day? Or are you so busy defending God that you forget to follow Christs message?

And honestly now, do you really think that God is so weak that he needs you to defend him?
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 12:31
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    An interesting observation, especially when considering the fact that Paul never met Christ while he was in his ministry, but rather after His ascendancy, and while on the road to Damascus.
  11. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 12:50
    So why do Atheists seem to do just as well without even trying as Christians who are trying hard every single day? Or are you so busy defending God that you forget to follow Christs message?

And honestly now, do you really think that God is so weak that he needs you to defend him?
    But a lot of Atheists dont cope.. following Christs message and defending god go hand in hand...no he is not weak but his message is clear...he wants us to love him as he loves us!
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 13:04
    But a lot of Atheists dont cope.. following Christs message and defending god go hand in hand...no he is not weak but his message is clear...he wants us to love him as he loves us!
    But on average Atheists, without even trying, do just as well as Christians who are trying their very best.

So if God isn't weak why do you need to defend him?
  13. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:29
    I recently say a license plate frame that read, "Smile! Jesus Loves You!."

Over the years, I've known many Christians that take delight in the idea that Jesus loves them. I've known many that love the idea that Jesus loves them.

If one loved Jesus, one would follow the teachings of ...[text shortened]... Jesus. That actually believe and love Jesus enough to follow his teachings.

Thoughts?
    Perhaps it's because Christianity is a lake; you can walk around it, you can swim through it, you can row any millions of ways across it, or have someone else do it for you. Nobody is capable of saying how to follow Christ's teachings except for Christ and nobody's even sure if he knew what he was talking about, given that his disciples may or may not have interpreted/remembered/explicated them following his death.

Basically, you gotta stick to the law of averages and anyone who complains that Christians don't follow Christ or that there are such things as True Christians should remember something about being without sin and stones...
  14. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:33
    But on average Atheists, without even trying, do just as well as Christians who are trying their very best.

So if God isn't weak why do you need to defend him?
    I dont need to,i choose to!
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    26 Sep '07 14:34
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Perhaps it's because Christianity is a lake; you can walk around it, you can swim through it, you can row any millions of ways across it, or have someone else do it for you. Nobody is capable of saying how to follow Christ's teachings except for Christ and nobody's even sure if he knew what he was talking about, given that his disciples may or may not have ...[text shortened]... ch things as True Christians should remember something about being without sin and stones...
    I agree with you,i couldnt have put it better myself!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree