1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:031 edit
    Originally posted by JakeChess
    Yeah, I see it as all semantics at the end of the day. I don't see organized religion as a good thing to begin with, I think spirituality is an individual affair and should be treated as such. If it works for you, more power to you, but it doesn't work for me.
    Same sentiment on my side : If it works for you then all the power to you.

I believe me are made from "rainbow people" (Hindu type-from alll across the universe) . Or you could just say there are various races (and types of thinking) which all make the world what it is. I myself am Hungarian by genetics (which makes me different from many others), but I prolly have more in common with other people than I realize...

Ooops...just wafting.
    Nice to meet you. My gurus name was Jake 🙂
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:07
    Originally posted by Eladar
    God made a few people for a noble purpose but most for common.
    I don't think I know you Eladar, but I'm not sure what you said is entirely true.

So in response to that statement I have this to say; God says He made man for His own pleasure, and that He does not have respect for one man above another.

But on the other hand the scriptures say that those who serve God will receive reward or suffer loss based on service, and other things.

But in reference to your comment above I think man was made for an uncommon purpose. Everything that God has made was made to bring God pleasure, and to give Him the glory that only He is worthy of.

That's man's purpose, and those who serve God's purpose will receive glory in return based on the service a man accomplished in this lifetime.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:10
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    I said nothing about a physical type body. Either way - as a spirit, or as flesh - I have reservations about existing forever.
    Why wouldn't you have reservations?( Look at the cycle of life and death everywhere..)
    I always did. Now that I don't, I am careful not to put my stuff onto others- unless asked.
    This is serious stuff (in the sense that you could waste your life( that you know you have right now),
    But without the limitations of a physical body surely the universe would become very much bigger
  4. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Same sentiment on my side : If it works for you then all the power to you.

I believe me are made from "rainbow people" (Hindu type-from alll across the universe) . Or you could just say there are various races (and types of thinking) which all make the world what it is. I myself am Hungarian by genetics (which makes me different from many others), b ...[text shortened]... r people than I realize...

Ooops...just wafting.
    Nice to meet you. My gurus name was Jake 🙂
    The pleasure is mine, my Hungarian friend. I'm mostly Swedish, but I also have some Russian, German, English, etc. thrown in there as well.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    I thought I had posted in this thread, so I read through it and found your post the most interesting. I know that makes no sense, but neither does, [b]" I have reservations about existing forever".

So in answer I say, you haven't a clue about what "existing forever" means. And nobody does.

Having said that I have to say that's not true. Somebody indeed does.[/b]
    I know what it's not
    Which is not the same as knowing what it is, but I believe in the process of elimination when dealing with these things
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:12
    I don't think I know you Eladar, but I'm not sure what you said is entirely true.

So in response to that statement I have this to say; God says He made man for His own pleasure, and that He does not have respect for one man above another.

But on the other hand the scriptures say that those who serve God will receive reward or suffer loss based on serv ...[text shortened]... s purpose will receive glory in return based on the service a man accomplished in this lifetime.
    I am just quoting Paul from Romans.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:34
    I know what it's not
    Which is not the same as knowing what it is, but I believe in the process of elimination when dealing with these things
    I have no idea what you're talking about Karoly. My post was directed at what BDP had said.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 04:37
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I am just quoting Paul from Romans.
    Then please provide the quote, if you don't mind, then at least I can reply in context. If you know what I mean.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 05:13
    Then please provide the quote, if you don't mind, then at least I can reply in context. If you know what I mean.
    Ok...
    Romans 9

Specifically verses 10-21
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 17:30
    Why wouldn't you have reservations?( Look at the cycle of life and death everywhere..)
    I always did. Now that I don't, I am careful not to put my stuff onto others- unless asked.
    This is serious stuff (in the sense that you could waste your life( that you know you have right now),
    But without the limitations of a physical body surely the universe would become very much bigger
    Oh, definitely. The Universe is huge. But infinity is a long time.
  11. Joined
    03 Nov '15
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 19:42
    Why Christianity? For those that are Christians.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 20:27
    When i was at school I almost exclusively played cricket. Why cricket and not volley ball or tennis, well because the area i happened to grow up in was well known for its cricket. Had I been born a few miles away to the East I most likely would have grown up obsessed by rugby and probably never even picked up a cricket bat.

I think religion, for the most part, works that way. That's why we have mostly Hindus in India and Christians in Britain.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 21:05
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    When i was at school I almost exclusively played cricket. Why cricket and not volley ball or tennis, well because the area i happened to grow up in was well known for its cricket. Had I been born a few miles away to the East I most likely would have grown up obsessed by rugby and probably never even picked up a cricket bat.

I think religion, for t ...[text shortened]... most part, works that way. That's why we have mostly Hindus in India and Christians in Britain.
    I think I believe in this theory. In the same way a child will learn whatever language is spoken and taught in the home in the beginning years. Luck of the draw, and a roll of the dice.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 21:24
    I have a previous thread asking "who's God is correct"?

All faiths seem to think their God and belief is the 'correct one'.

My struggle has always been...that if a Supreme Creator does exist, why keep the identity unknown? Why allow the possibility for God, Jesus, Buddah, Mohammed, Allah, etc.?

Something is wrong, but I cannot successfully articulate it.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    07 Jan '17 21:56
    Why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree