1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 15:48
    Originally posted by JS357
    I guess we need to define what it takes for something to exist outside this universe. Not having existence in any of our spatio-temporal dimensions, but having existence in some sort of space-time?
    Why would there need be a limitation upon something not having existence in
    some sort of space-time? Wouldn't not being bound by them be the same
    thing? If you can pop in and out at will, or suffer the same limitations as all of
    our dimensions, wouldn't that equal to not having existence in some sort of
    space time?
    Kelly
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Mar '13 15:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Why would there need be a limitation upon something not having existence in
    some sort of space-time? Wouldn't not being bound by them be the same
    thing? If you can pop in and out at will, or suffer the same limitations as all of
    our dimensions, wouldn't that equal to not having existence in some sort of
    space time?
    Kelly
    Imagine you pop into London, in 2013. You go and write your name on London Bridge.
    Then you pop back to the year before the bridge was built, and stop them building it.
    Doesn't work does it?
    From the perspective of an entity independent of time, the universe is static and cannot be changed or 'popped into'. Also the very existence of an entity independent of time would prove that the future already exists and is fixed.
    It also means that the entity in question is static from the perspective of entities within the universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree