1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 07:25
    @fmf said
    An answer to my question - about the thing you daid - would have been more interesting than this bit of generic banter.
    It rose to the level of the question, i.e. not high at all, thus the snark value, sort of a 'snark for snark'.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 10:35
    @suzianne said
    It rose to the level of the question, i.e. not high at all, thus the snark value, sort of a 'snark for snark'.
    You're still dodging the question.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 11:19
    @suzianne said
    If you were an eternal being and made a kitchen cabinet, would that kitchen cabinet be eternal just because you are?
    It could mean the materials used to assemble that cabinet always existed.

"Matter cannot be created nor destroyed"--- Law of Conservation of Mass
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 14:11
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Eternity consists of an endless series of 'big bangs' and 'big crunches.'
    Then it would not have "always been here", but rather a series of universes, one after the other.

Like death, there's no visiting "the other side", and no record detailing anything from a prior universe. It might as well not exist (for us, anyways).
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Jun '23 15:15
    @suzianne said
    Then it would not have "always been here", but rather a series of universes, one after the other.

Like death, there's no visiting "the other side", and no record detailing anything from a prior universe. It might as well not exist (for us, anyways).
    It's the same universe. Matter has always existed, in one form or another. It merely goes through periods of expansion and shrinkage.
  6. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 02:41
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's the same universe. Matter has always existed, in one form or another. It merely goes through periods of expansion and shrinkage.
    I think reality is much, much bigger than a single universe.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 06:46
    @soothfast said
    I think reality is much, much bigger than a single universe.
    I'm open to that idea.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 11:403 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Matter, at the moment just prior to the Big Bang, was entirely composed of energy. E=mc² solved for “m” is m=E/c²

I think that’s correct.

Edit: which could be the mathematical formula for creation.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 11:52
    @divegeester said
    Matter, at the moment just prior to the Big Bang, was entirely composed of energy. E=mc² solved for “m” is m=E/c²

I think that’s correct.

Edit: which could be the mathematical formula for creation.
    Indeed, 'one form or another.'

And a mathematical formula perhaps for a creation event in an endless cycle of creations.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 13:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Indeed, 'one form or another.'

And a mathematical formula perhaps for a creation event in an endless cycle of creations.
    Sure maybe.

However the formula indicates that given sufficient power and control then it is possible that there could exist a being capable of manipulating energy into matter.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree