1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 22:14
    I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of what I beieve.

I feel so left out.

So let me try again. I want to see some mud, people!

I do believe in God, so I am a theist. I believe in the imperfection and sinfulness of humanity, so there I mesh with the Christians (or at least some of them). I believe that we must admit out sinfulness to God, but that forgiveness is not a reward for this. We do it because we want to. We don't get a redemption patch to sew on our cub scout uniforms. I beieve that the Word of God is everywhere, written in a laguage that we refuse to understand, mostly because humans in general think that they are all powerful gods in their own right. The Bible displayed just as much of the Word as the collected poems of Emily Dickenson, the sculptures of Bernini, and that cool article you found in last month's issue of Maxim. I believe in an afterlife where we may be reunited with God--while I may like (understatement) this conclusion, to assume it is wrong (see the cub scout crack above). I believe that True Prayer is one of the hardest things to do, but if you can pull it off it helps the soul in unimaginable ways.

I think that covers it all in brief. So come on. Insult me. I want to be included.
  2. Subscriberwidget
    NowYouSeeIt
    NowYouDon't
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 22:37
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of wh ...[text shortened]... ways.

I think that covers it all in brief. So come on. Insult me. I want to be included.
    Not being a word-mongering theist or a constipated agnostic philospher, I think that it is unlikely that you will be severely challenged or chastised. The vultures lurking hereabouts seem to prefer the dead meat of long and pointlessly over-hashed stray moments of battered-to-oblivion grace 😕

😀 Difficult to argue with you, from my p.o.v., with the exception of the fabled afterlife. Doesn't exist.

This is it. 🙄 Be here now. 😀 Everything you ever will have is awaiting you right here, right now, make it!
  3. The moral highground
    Moves
    13 Apr '06 22:41
    so what is your opinuion on gays?
  4. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 02:13
    No takers? Come on. Would it help if I said that I really wouldn't mind if everyone thought the same way I do?
  5. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 02:15
    No takers? Come on. Would it help if I said that I really wouldn't mind if everyone thought the same way I do?
    😴
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 03:03
    Are you saying you believe in the bible but are not a christians?
    Whatever wets your whistle, one thing about beliefs, it doesn't have to jive with reality but if it helps you life your life so be it. I don't like prosletyzing christians or religion in general, I have no problem with individual beliefs, I have a BIG problem with the so-called leaders and I think christianity and islam are based on the biggest lies ever foisted on an unsuspecting public and I believe more deaths have happened in the false persecution of these religions than any other cause on earth. The problem I have with the leaders is their ability to convice their poor deluded followers to kill on command. This is not spitituality, this is power building at its absolute worse, evil of the lowest kind.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 06:37
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    so what is your opinuion on gays?
    In the dickslexic world, does the word "gay" look like "fag?" You reeeeealy should look into your innermost feelings, Luke.
  8. The moral highground
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 15:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    In the dickslexic world, does the word "gay" look like "fag?" You reeeeealy should look into your innermost feelings, Luke.
    No it dosent. My name is not Luke.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 17:56
    I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of wh ...[text shortened]... ways.

Nah, your beliefs are too vague to threaten anyone.
  10. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 18:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Are you saying you believe in the bible but are not a christians?
    Absolutely not. I believe that the Bible is part of the Word, but only a small part, and it most certainly is not a historical account.
  11. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 18:49
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Nah, your beliefs are too vague to threaten anyone.
    Too vague? What do you need cleared up? How much detail do I need to give before I deserve the same hate that everyone else gets?
  12. The moral highground
    Moves
    14 Apr '06 19:09
    You need to hate gays. Hate evolution.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 07:55
    Too vague? What do you need cleared up? How much detail do I need to give before I deserve the same hate that everyone else gets?
    First off, you have too many sources of 'truth'. Poems, art, etc. etc. will never do. How will you ever be able to debate on standards of truth when you don't even know which books are the 'holy' ones? Your faith needs to hold a Nicean counsel, stat!
  14. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 07:59
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Your faith needs to hold a Nicean counsel, stat!
    The reccability of that line exceeds all standard measurements.
  15. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 18:05
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    You need to hate gays. Hate evolution.
    So that's it? This is the source of all the animosity? Gay evolutionists? I never knew it was so simple ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree