1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 18:12
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    First off, you have too many sources of 'truth'. Poems, art, etc. etc. will never do. How will you ever be able to debate on standards of truth when you don't even know which books are the 'holy' ones? Your faith needs to hold a Nicean counsel, stat!
    Okay, that's one. Limitation of Perspective. Anything else?
  2. The moral highground
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 18:24
    Also you need to bring your beliefs into every debate and say you are right because your religion says so.
  3. Forgotten
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 19:10
    Originally posted by thesonofsaul
    I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of wh ...[text shortened]... ways.

I think that covers it all in brief. So come on. Insult me. I want to be included.
    I would find it hard to "rip"on your beliefs,They sound logical and resonable to me.Try lashing out at others and I am sure some troll will verbally lash back at you,your beliefs,your family ,etc.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 19:481 edit
    No takers? Come on. Would it help if I said that I really wouldn't mind if everyone thought the same way I do?
    It would help if you organized a political bloc and started meddling in my country's politics like the fundie xtians do. The Muslims are doing the same thing elsewhere.
  5. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 20:26
    Absolutely not. I believe that the Bible is part of the Word, but only a small part, and it most certainly is not a historical account.
    Would a Mills & Boon paperback also qualify as part of the Word? How about Mein Kampf, Playboy, The Little Red Book, Das Kapital or [*if you find any reading material objectionable, insert here*]?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '06 21:40

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 02:16
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Would a Mills & Boon paperback also qualify as part of the Word? How about Mein Kampf, Playboy, The Little Red Book, Das Kapital or [*if you find any reading material objectionable, insert here*]?
    It is wherever you find it. Personally, the words of Mein Kampf have never spoken to me. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony, though? If you consider "God is Everywhere" as a premise, then the obvious conclusion is the God is in Mein Kampf, the Satanic Bible, Penthouse, Catcher in the Rye, etc. We can only pretend to be seperate.
  8. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 02:18
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    so what is your opinuion on gays?
    You want them put to death, don't you??
  9. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 10:47
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]The Little Red Book

Which do you find more objectionable: the quotations from Mao Tse-Tung, or the quotations from Harvey Penick?

Playboy, The Little Red Book

Harvey Penis?[/b]
    Ha ha. Having never developed a liking for golf and finding the "end justifies the means" morality of Mao objectionable, this is really a tough choice.
  10. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 10:49
    It is wherever you find it. Personally, the words of Mein Kampf have never spoken to me. Wouldn't it be the ultimate irony, though? If you consider "God is Everywhere" as a premise, then the obvious conclusion is the God is in Mein Kampf, the Satanic Bible, Penthouse, Catcher in the Rye, etc. We can only pretend to be seperate.
    Fair enough.

Second question: How do you reconcile the existence of evil (and perhaps the need for justice) with your theistic reality?
  11. Cosmos
    Moves
    18 Apr '06 23:25
    I come into this forum once and a while (more and more rarely as time goes on) and I see a lot of athiets bashing, a lot of mud slinging at Christians. However, I recall, back when I actually posted in this forum consistantly, that I offered up my belief structure several times but no one ever ripped on it. No one ever tried to insult me because of wh ...[text shortened]... ways.

I think that covers it all in brief. So come on. Insult me. I want to be included.
    Just 2 points on which you are mistaken:

1. God does not exist.
    2. Souls do not exist.

Apart from that, you are correct. Oh wait these are your only premises...that makes you totally wrong. Oh well, you did say you felt you "mesh with the Christians " . In this respect you certainly do.
  12. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 01:50
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Just 2 points on which you are mistaken:

1. God does not exist.
    2. Souls do not exist.

Apart from that, you are correct. Oh wait these are your only premises...that makes you totally wrong. Oh well, you did say you felt you "mesh with the Christians " . In this respect you certainly do.
    Thank you for your honest try. It is appreciated. But I was hoping for some real mudslinging.
  13. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 02:00
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Fair enough.

Second question: How do you reconcile the existence of evil (and perhaps the need for justice) with your theistic reality?
    Evil is human. Can animals be evil? We bring it all upon ourselves in our striving to become, not like God, but equal and indepenent to God. The need for justice goes hand and hand with this--if you percieve that you see a difference in things that you can call good (acceptable) and evil (unacceptable) then of course you see yourself as the elite arbiter of the situation.

This all works even if there is no God--an ideal doesn't have to physically exist for us to strive to match it.
  14. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 02:37
    Thank you for your honest try. It is appreciated. But I was hoping for some real mudslinging.
    I have just completely undermined your entire belief system.

What more do you want - personal insults?
  15. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    19 Apr '06 02:59
    Originally posted by howardgee
    I have just completely undermined your entire belief system.

What more do you want - personal insults?
    Undermined? How? By telling me that God and the soul don't exist? That makes no sense. Could you undermine a marriage by telling the husband and wife that love doesn't exist? Of course not.

You tell me that God does not exist and expect it to have some sort of earth shattering effect. This is no different than a Xian telling you that Christ died on the cross and went to Hell for 1 1/2 days and expecting the same sort of reaction. Both statements are hot air.

You'd undermine a wall by simple telling it that it has no foundation and therefore should fall over. Were you there at Jericho?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree