1. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:41
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being.

We also know that around 4000 years ago He flooded the earth thus obliterating every living creature on land.

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions of years to come to pass and in a desperate attempt even go as far as to refer to man as an evolved ape. In other words, one step above the ape.

We know that God created man a little lower than the angels, not a notch above the ape. We know that we are beautifully and fearfully made. We know that we are made in His image and not in the image of an ape. We are unique to every other creature on this planet.

The scoffers and thumb suckers are desperately looking for the missing link. They shall never find such a creature. There just isn’t one. It’s laughable. Keep looking boys.

God created us to be His agents on this planet and equipped us by giving us dominion over all the works of His hands, including Satan and his evil forces. We lost this with man’s fall and are born with a sinful nature. Christ came to restore us to what The Father originally intended.

If we return to the scriptures we’ll note that the earth was formless and void and that a great body of water covered it. In other words it had already been created.

Many students of God’s word have come up with theories that a pre-adamic era existed. Some go as far as to say that the possibility of Lucifer’s fall from Grace caused everything to be made formless and void. Such was the force of his expulsion.

We find fossils of all kinds of creatures under the ground. Strange creatures that no longer exist, none of which are mentioned in the Bible, yet the evidence is sufficient for us to realise that they did at one stage roam the earth.

I believe these creatures walked the face of the planet before the formation of the world we know today. In other words, before Adam. Before the earth was formed and filled 6000 years ago. Before Genesis 1:1.

Their ignorance of God’s word leads to all the gobbeldy gook posted on this MB. It is clearly written that their eyes have been shut and that there minds have been confused so that no understanding will be attained.

Only through revelation do we see. Only through revelation do we understand. Only through revelation do we receive the deep secrets of the Lord our God and for us to receive God’s revelation, we have to be in right standing with Him.

It truly is tragic to see them wondering around in the dark, oblivious of the light that lies beyond the door.

To Him be the glory and the praise through Christ Jesus His anointed.
  2. Cosmos
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 13:56
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being.

We also know that around 4000 years ago He flooded the earth thus obliterating every living creature on land.

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions o ...[text shortened]... lies beyond the door.

"Before Genesis 1:1"

I really liked Genesis, before Phil Collins bacame lead singer and turned the band into a 3 minute long song pop band.
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 14:02
    The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions of years to come to pass and in a desperate attempt even go as far as to refer to man as an evolved ape. In other words, one step above the ape.
    Have you got something against apes?

How many steps above apes would you like to be?
  4. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 14:34

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions o ...[text shortened]... lies beyond the door.

Would you practice slavery if the bible endorsed that? 😉
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 14:57
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Have you got something against apes?

How many steps above apes would you like to be?
    He seems a bit more like a gerbil.
    Anyway, he's an insulting dude , saying that evolutionists are thumb suckers, Maybe, he thinks that the only thing worth sucking isnt on an appendage, but rather in his own ministers crotch.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by Bad wolf
    Would you practice slavery if the bible endorsed that? 😉
    The bible does endorse slavery. It´s somewhere in Exodus, I think.
  7. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 15:34
    Originally posted by nige22
    The bible does endorse slavery. It´s somewhere in Exodus, I think.
    Leviticus 25:44-46

As for your male and female slaves whom you may have: you may buy male and female slaves from among the nations that are round about you. You may also buy from among the strangers who sojourn with you and their families that are with you, who have been born in your land; and they may be your property. You may bequeath them to your sons after you, to inherit as a possession for ever; you may make slaves of them, but over your brethren the people of Israel you shall not rule, one over another, with harshness.

Colossians 3:22
    Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord.
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 15:35
    Ah, thanks.
  9. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 15:44
    I wouldn't believe a word of the Bible anyway. Apparently God is quite capable of deception:

Ezekiel 14:9
    "And if the prophet be deceived and speak a word, I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel..."

And what's the point in believing in a God who is only omniscient part-time?

Genesis 6:5-6
    The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thought of his heart was only evil continually. And the Lord was sorry that he had made man on earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

Surely God should have been able to forsee the consequences of His Creation?
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    I wouldn't believe a word of the Bible anyway. Apparently God is quite capable of deception:

Ezekiel 14:9
    "And if the prophet be deceived and speak a word, I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel..."

And what's the point in believing in a God who ...[text shortened]... o his heart.

Surely God should have been able to forsee the consequences of His Creation?
    God didn't write the bible and neither did that Sargon clone Moses.
  11. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 16:19
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    God didn't write the bible and neither did that Sargon clone Moses.
    Christians used to say it was the word of God.
    Simple.
  12. Joined
    23 Sep '05
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 17:031 edit
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being. blah blah wondering around in the dark, oblivious of the light that lies beyond the door.
    😵

You know, most of us are polite enough to open the window before we pass
    wind. Would you mind doing that much at least?

😵
  13. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 18:42

So evolution is a crock because you don't believe in it? Riiiiiiiiight.

And obviously, you are the greatest scholar that the world has ever, or will ever, see. Yep, all that physical evidence just evaporates before your argument which, if I understand it correctly, boils down to "magic, see?!"
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 18:57
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    "magic, see?!"
    SHAZAM
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 22:05
    Originally posted by howardgee
    "Before Genesis 1:1"

I really liked Genesis, before Phil Collins bacame lead singer and turned the band into a 3 minute long song pop band.
    That's not entirely fair. Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering both had some classic prog rock extended numbers ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree