1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 22:10
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    God didn't write the bible and neither did that Sargon clone Moses.
    And what has your freedom from this so-called pseudo-history granted you? Have you inner peace? Are you a pleasure to behold? Do young people point to you and say, that's what I want to be when I grow up? Do friends run to you for succor in times of need?
  2. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 22:11
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being.

We also know that around 4000 years ago He flooded the earth thus obliterating every living creature on land.

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions o ...[text shortened]... lies beyond the door.

To Him be the glory and the praise through Christ Jesus His anointed.
    One step above the ape?
    I'm sick and tired of this pathetic and uninformed use of evolutionary language. What is the ape? Can you tell about the ape?
    There is no ape. Apes are just a convenient primate grouping of a number of different species.
    So are we one step above the chimpanzee perhaps, or one step above the gorilla, or the bonobo, or gibbon, or orangutan?
    None of these of course, since if you had any idea of what you are arguing against - not that you've presented any arguments mind you - you'd understand that we are all - humans, chimps, bonobos, gibbons, gorillas and orangutans - modern species. We all coexist on this planet right now. To say we evolved from any one of these other species is idiotic, since they too have evolved from something as we evolved from something.
    That we share ancestry is accepted, but who was the ancestor? An ape-like species, yes. But not any one of these modern apes.

You seem obsessed with thumb sucking and place your entire belief in the bible.
    Get over it ...
  3. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 01:11
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being.

We also know that around 4000 years ago He flooded the earth thus obliterating every living creature on land.

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions o ...[text shortened]... lies beyond the door.

To Him be the glory and the praise through Christ Jesus His anointed.
    So the world existed before God created it? Wow, now there is some airtight logic(Lol).
  4. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 02:13
    Originally posted by amannion
    That's not entirely fair. Trick of the Tail and Wind and Wuthering both had some classic prog rock extended numbers ...
    True, Genesis becoming a pappy, middle-aged house wife band was as much to do with Steve Hackett leaving as with Philis Collins becoming lead singer.

Blimey, who would have thought that such a ridiculous thread could become so interesting?
  5. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 04:59
    Originally posted by howardgee
    True, Genesis becoming a pappy, middle-aged house wife band was as much to do with Steve Hackett leaving as with Philis Collins becoming lead singer.

Blimey, who would have thought that such a ridiculous thread could become so interesting?
    I couldn't agree more.
    I'd much rather talk about Genesis, Hackett, Gabriel and co. than evolution, which has been done to death.
    You could say, I've evolved past it ...

Although even, without Hackett there were some signs of something a bit more interesting - Duke's Travels, Home by the Sea and 2nd Home by the Sea come to mind.
    Have you followed Hackett's career since?
  6. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 08:03
    Originally posted by amannion
    One step above the ape?
    I'm sick and tired of this pathetic and uninformed use of evolutionary language. What is the ape? Can you tell about the ape?
    There is no ape. Apes are just a convenient primate grouping of a number of different species.
    So are we one step above the chimpanzee perhaps, or one step above the gorilla, or the bonobo, or gibbon, or or ...[text shortened]... seem obsessed with thumb sucking and place your entire belief in the bible.
    Get over it ...
    My, my..........are we a tad upset? Why? Is it perhaps because I refuse to believe this trash your dishing up? Hmmmmm?

Is it perhaps because I've exposed you for the liar you are? I take it you do know that you are one, right? Of course you do. No one can be that misled, surely?

You wanna live your life believing in nonsense.........go for it.

You may be a decendant of an ape and by the content of your posts I can see why you claim this lineage.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 08:11
    My, my..........are we a tad upset? Why? Is it perhaps because I refuse to believe this trash your dishing up? Hmmmmm?

Is it perhaps because I've exposed you for the liar you are? I take it you do know that you are one, right? Of course you do. No one can be that misled, surely?

You wanna live your life believing in nonsense.........go for it.
    ...[text shortened]... be a decendant of an ape and by the content of your posts I can see why you claim this lineage.
    Ha ha ha ha. You make me laugh. What a pathetic excuse for a human being you are. I recommend that you get you head cut open, and you scoop what is inside out. You obviously aren't using it, and the reduced weight will improve efficiency.
  8. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 08:52

Your wonderful book is contradictory in its account of the order of Creation!

In chapter one of Genesis, God is said to have created plants on the 3rd day (Genesis 1:12-13), with animals being created on the 5th and 6th day (Genesis 1:20-25). Man was made after all these, on the 6th day (Genesis 1:26-31). But in the next chapter the Bible contradicts itself by explicitly noting that man was created before the plants and animals.

Animals & birds before man
    Genesis 1:24-26
    And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." And it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
    Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Man before Animals & birds
    Genesis 2:18-19
    Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." So out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.

Do some thumb-sucking while you try to explain that one!

😀😛😀
  9. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 10:27
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    Your wonderful book is contradictory in its account of the order of Creation!

[i]In chapter one of Genesis, God is said to have created plants on the 3rd day (Genesis 1:12-13), with animals being created on the 5th and 6th day (Genesis 1:20-25). Man was made after all these, on the 6th day (Genesis 1:26-31). But in the next chapter the Bible contradi ...[text shortened]... that was its name.

Do some thumb-sucking while you try to explain that one!

😀😛😀
    Good question Mr Belch. I am pleased to see your reading God’s word. You lack a little understanding. Let me see if I can give you that.

Firstly, let’s look at

Genesis 1:27
    So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female He created them.
    Then God blessed them and said to them “be fruitful and multiply, fill the earth and subdue it have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.

In the above passage you can clearly see that God created man in both sexes. Right? Male and female. This He did after the animals were created. You agree?

Let’s go to Genesis 2:7

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and he became a living being.

Do you see it?

Let me ask you a question………..what sex would you say the ground/soil is? Is it male or perhaps female or would you refer to it as……..IT?

Look at the above passage again. The Lord breathed the breath of life into HIS nostrils. Do you see it now? Man was already a “HIS” ………not an IT. In other words man had already been created into a living breathing man animal, before the breath of life entered HIM.

God took a man animal that was already alive and kicking, and breathed the breath of life into “HIM” and from that day forth the man animal became conscious of God’s existence and a relationship was established.

Only after this had occurred did God bring every creature before man to see what he would call them.

The Bible is a book of mysteries, Mr Belch. Only through revelation will you gain understanding. If you continue to read God’s word, and I pray you do, do so carefully. Take note of every word it contains, how it’s used and where it’s placed in a sentence. You may just be surprised at what you discover.
  10. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 11:13
    Good question Mr Belch. I am pleased to see your reading God’s word. You lack a little understanding. Let me see if I can give you that.

Firstly, let’s look at

So God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female He created them.
    Then God blessed them and said to them “be fruitful and multiply, fil ...[text shortened]... w it’s used and where it’s placed in a sentence. You may just be surprised at what you discover.
    That's an amazing piece of squirming!

Please someone point out the gaping holes in this because I'm at work and don't have the time.

--- Penguin.
  11. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 13:03

Firstly, let’s look at

Then God blessed them and said to them “be fruitful and multiply, fil ...[text shortened]... w it’s used and where it’s placed in a sentence. You may just be surprised at what you discover.
    The 2 passages I quoted are still clearly at odds.
    You're just quoting another part of Genesis that backs up the option to which you subscribe.
    Gen 1: 24-26
    &
    Gen 2:18-19 are still in opposition as far as the order of Creation.

People say that this sort of thing does not matter, or explain it away due to linguistic/translatory issues.
    That kind of pick 'n mix mentally is hardly how I would like to base my faith on a Supreme Being & His word.
  12. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 13:26
    Originally posted by Squelchbelch
    The 2 passages I quoted are still clearly at odds.
    You're just quoting another part of Genesis that backs up the option to which you subscribe.
    Gen 1: 24-26
    &
    Gen 2:18-19 are still in opposition as far as the order of Creation.

People say that this sort of thing does not matter, or explain it away due to linguistic/translatory issues.
    That kind ...[text shortened]... ick 'n mix mentally is hardly how I would like to base my faith on a Supreme Being & His word.
    The explanation is more than sufficient to gain clarity. Your refusal to see it shows you have no desire to realise the truth. You prefer your life in the dark and no matter whether the Lord Himself explains things to you, it too will be rejected.
  13. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 13:58

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Meddling with things
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 14:08

The Bible is a book of mysteries, Mr Belch. Only through revelation will you gain understanding. If you continue to read God’s word, and I pray you do, do so carefully. Take note of every word it contains, how it’s used and where it’s placed in a sentence. You may just be surprised at what you discover.
    Yes, thie bible is a book of mysteries as arte the sacred texts of other world religions.

The bible may guide you on how to live better (or not as the case may be) but it is generally unreliable as a guide to the physical and living world.

If I met an engineer who proposed to build a plane using only the bible as a guide, I would not travel in it and I would think him a fool.

If I met an doctor who proposed to treat my child's illness using only the bible as a guide, I would not allow him to operate on my child and I would think him a fool.

If I met a natural scientist who explained all the diversity of life using only the bible as a guide, I would not believe him and I would think him a fool.

You can choose to believe that a 1500 year old book is the summation of human knowlege and that we have learned nothing since, but if you do then I think you a fool.
  15. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 14:15
    The explanation is more than sufficient to gain clarity. Your refusal to see it shows you have no desire to realise the truth. You prefer your life in the dark and no matter whether the Lord Himself explains things to you, it too will be rejected.
    You believe in a book that has basic contradictions.
    Please explain the following 2 accounts of Jehoiachin's age at Royal Ascension:

II Kings 24:8
    Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he became King and he reigned three months in Jerusalem
    II Chronicles 36:9
    Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem.

Word of God - sounds like the word of man to me, albeit someone who badly needs better editorial staff!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree