1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 14:441 edit
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    The explanation is more than sufficient to gain clarity. Your refusal to see it shows you have no desire to realise the truth. You prefer your life in the dark and no matter whether the Lord Himself explains things to you, it too will be rejected.
    Sit down, son, and let me explain a few things to you.

This is an internet chess site. It is not a whorehouse for you to go evangelizing. There are some extremely smart people on this site who like the exchange of ideas in religion and politics. Most of us try to be respectful of others. Most of us try to develop some friendships here.

Please remember that there are Christians here who may take issue with your beliefs. Also remember that some Christians here have grown quite weary of some of the self-righteous condescension such as we experience in your posts.

If you want to find a whorehouse to convey the important truth about evolution and the world only being 6,000 years old fine. Hope you learn some things while you're there.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 20:55
    Originally posted by kirksey957

This is an internet chess site. It is not a whorehouse for you to go evangelizing. There are some extremely smart people on this site who like the exchange of ideas in religion and politics. Most of us try to be respectful of others. Most of us try to develop some friendships here.

Please re ...[text shortened]... and the world only being 6,000 years old fine. Hope you learn some things while you're there.
    Why are you plaguing honest whores with this freak?
  3. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 21:26
    My, my..........are we a tad upset? Why? Is it perhaps because I refuse to believe this trash your dishing up? Hmmmmm?

Is it perhaps because I've exposed you for the liar you are? I take it you do know that you are one, right? Of course you do. No one can be that misled, surely?

You wanna live your life believing in nonsense.........go for it.
    ...[text shortened]... be a decendant of an ape and by the content of your posts I can see why you claim this lineage.
    I couldn't care less what you believe.
    Believe in evolution or not. Believe in the biblical creation or not. I don't have any problem with that.
    Why are you so affronted with scientific accounts - going so far as to call me a liar because I describe these. I'm wondering what traumas you might have been through in the past to lead to such ferocity? Now that I think about it, your obsession with thumbsucking may also have something to do with it.
    And finally, as I thought I'd made clear, I'm NOT a descendent of an ape (notice the s in there - if you are going to trask someone it would be worth getting the spelling right) since apes themselves are descended from other species.
    I am however, I believe, descended from some common ape-like ancestor.

Not sure why this notion bothers you so much. Does it make us any less human? Of course not. Does it affect our lives here and now? Yes. It gives us an intimate link with the rest of nature. A link I might add, which the book you've thrown your lot in with has been trying to destroy for the last few thousand years.

Do you serioulsy think that a bit of adolescent name calling and trash talk will change the mind of intelligent people who actually think about the world and their place in it?
    Yes?
    Then you truly are an idiot.
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 21:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Why are you plaguing honest whores with this freak?
    I didn't think about that. I apologize.
  5. Cosmos
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 22:34
    Originally posted by amannion
    I couldn't agree more.
    I'd much rather talk about Genesis, Hackett, Gabriel and co. than evolution, which has been done to death.
    You could say, I've evolved past it ...

Although even, without Hackett there were some signs of something a bit more interesting - Duke's Travels, Home by the Sea and 2nd Home by the Sea come to mind.
    Have you followed Hackett's career since?
    Truly you are a man after my own heart!

Yes I have followed Hackett, more so than Genesis. "Hackett to Pieces" and "Voyage of the Acolyte" were his best albums, although his "Genesis revisited" CD was even better!

I agree with the songs you list, but these are tempered by "Follow you follow me", "Invisible touch" "No son of mine" and other drivel.
  6. Joined
    21 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 23:191 edit
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago.
    Do you honestly, truly believe this?
  7. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:11
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Truly you are a man after my own heart!

Yes I have followed Hackett, more so than Genesis. "Hackett to Pieces" and "Voyage of the Acolyte" were his best albums, although his "Genesis revisited" CD was even better!

I agree with the songs you list, but these are tempered by "Follow you follow me", "Invisible touch" "No son of mine" and other drivel.
    Good to hear.
    I've come to Hackett's solo stuff only recently but I like what I hear. I agree with you about Collins' influence, although there's some gems hidden amongst the crap.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:35
    My, my..........are we a tad upset? Why? Is it perhaps because I refuse to believe this trash your dishing up? Hmmmmm?

Is it perhaps because I've exposed you for the liar you are? I take it you do know that you are one, right? Of course you do. No one can be that misled, surely?

You wanna live your life believing in nonsense.........go for it.
    ...[text shortened]... be a decendant of an ape and by the content of your posts I can see why you claim this lineage.
    Out of curiosity, why did you bring this subject up in the first place? Did you expect to convert us heathens to the right path? Surely you jest in that case. I issue this challange to you: read this missive and tell me why Socrates was wrong:
    http://www.unm.edu/~humanism/socvsjes.htm
  9. Cosmos
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:38
    Originally posted by amannion
    Good to hear.
    I've come to Hackett's solo stuff only recently but I like what I hear. I agree with you about Collins' influence, although there's some gems hidden amongst the crap.
    Well done mate, I have got tickets to see Genesis next July, so I am looking forward to seeing them despite the absence of Gabriel and Hackett.
  10. Joined
    05 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 01:40
    According to Biblical teachings, we know that the planet earth was formed around 6000 years ago. We know that it took the Almighty 6 x 24 hour periods to bring it into being.

We also know that around 4000 years ago He flooded the earth thus obliterating every living creature on land.

The scoffers and thumb suckers speak of evolution taking millions o ...[text shortened]... lies beyond the door.

To Him be the glory and the praise through Christ Jesus His anointed.
    1 god day=1000 human years,dinosaurs roamed the earth and how did the kiwi leave new zealand and then make his way back home after the flood
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 02:03
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And what has your freedom from this so-called pseudo-history granted you? Have you inner peace? Are you a pleasure to behold? Do young people point to you and say, that's what I want to be when I grow up? Do friends run to you for succor in times of need?
    Gnosis
  12. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 02:57
    Originally posted by howardgee
    Well done mate, I have got tickets to see Genesis next July, so I am looking forward to seeing them despite the absence of Gabriel and Hackett.
    I thought they'd broken up for good after Calling All Stations.
    Who's singing for them?

I saw them here in Australia when they were touring Invisible Touch - they did a great show with quite a bit of old stuff: The Cage melody and so on.
  13. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 06:01
    Originally posted by kirksey957

Please re ...[text shortened]... and the world only being 6,000 years old fine. Hope you learn some things while you're there.
    Listen up old man. Since when did I give you the impression that I would accept a lecture from you? Hmmmm?
    I’ll post what I want, when I want and if you don’t like it, don’t open my posts.
    Are we clear on that?
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 06:11
    Listen up old man. Since when did I give you the impression that I would accept a lecture from you? Hmmmm?
    I’ll post what I want, when I want and if you don’t like it, don’t open my posts.
    Are we clear on that?
    My advice, tone it down or sod off. People here see right through you - and you're going to get real tired of constant tirades of abuse.
  15. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    21 Dec '06 06:37
    Are we clear on that?
    Bring it on dickhead!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree