Why Folks Hate God

Why Folks Hate God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by Agerg
It was prophecised in the Rapak that the FSM would rise up against Afulash:

JimBob 32-3: and the prankster with tendrils shall rise from a rift of hops and forceth that rift upon humans - and he shall hate her and despise her. But Afulash channeled her fury into that rift and it did formeth a mighty volcano over which the prankster shall have dominion fo ...[text shortened]... those humans in this volcano, but for they who turneth against him the hops shall turn foul
ah, but there is also a prophetic revelation about afulash in the annals of FSM.

mundiaxis 43: for sianach shall araise in the north and the world shall tremble. the people shall run hither and thither but no refuge shall they find for they have denied the loving tendrils of the mighty one.
44: for 30 days and 30 nights they shall be hunted but on the 31st day shall FSM send a mighty hailstorm of meatballs to vanquish sianach and the people shall be happy for there will be meatballs a plenty for their spaghetti and there shall be rejoicing in the streets.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
ah, but there is also a prophetic revelation about afulash in the annals of FSM.

mundiaxis 43: for sianach shall araise in the north and the world shall tremble. the people shall run hither and thither but no refuge shall they find for they have denied the loving tendrils of the mighty one.
44: for 30 days and 30 nights they shall be hunted but on th ...[text shortened]... here will be meatballs a plenty for their spaghetti and there shall be rejoicing in the streets.
if you want to properly parody the Bible, it should be 40 days and 40 nights. 40 has a more profound biblical heritage than 30.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit

44: for 30 days and 30 nights they shall be hunted but on th ...[text shortened]... here will be meatballs a plenty for their spaghetti and there shall be rejoicing in the streets.
and sianach = afulash?

Sorry, I must have misplaced my program.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
if you want to properly parody the Bible, it should be 40 days and 40 nights. 40 has a more profound biblical heritage than 30.
it is the bible that has parodied the annals of FSM!

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by josephw
Because God is there as evidenced by all creation, and because acknowledging God means being accountable to God.

[b]Denial of the existence of God is the purest form of hatred for God.

And so is its cousin the denial of God's Word.[/b]
There is no deity that I hate.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jan 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Yeah but 40 days and 40 nights had already been copyrighted.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jan 12

I'm in a cafe and overheard two old men(much older than me)talking about God. I didn't get the context, but I heard one say, " when He calls, you're gonna answer."

God will call you one day, and you're going to have to answer for your life.

Moves
08 Jan 12

I'm in a cafe and overheard two old men(much older than me)talking about God. I didn't get the context, but I heard one say, " when He calls, you're gonna answer."

Present the evidence that leads you to make this factual assertion (and threat).

Because there is no reason to be bothered unless it's true, and thus I want to know
how you claim to know it's true.

btw try listening to this and see if it sounds familiar.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Present the evidence that leads you to make this factual assertion (and threat).

Because there is no reason to be bothered unless it's true, and thus I want to know
how you claim to know it's true.

btw try listening to this and see if it sounds familiar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5oepmcGpaY
I rarely listen to anything on the net. Waste of time.

"Because there is no reason to be bothered unless it's true, and thus I want to know how you claim to know it's true."

I know it's true because God said so. That's how I know it's true.

Moves
09 Jan 12

I rarely listen to anything on the net. Waste of time.

[b]"Because there is no reason to be bothered unless it's true, and thus I want to know how you claim to know it's true."

I know it's true because God said so. That's how I know it's true.[/b]
How do you KNOW that god said so.

And note, to be able to claim you KNOW that god said so then you have to be able to
demonstrate that god said so to a third party (me in this case).

Here is a talk which goes into it in more detail (others may be interested if you wont watch it)

http://blip.tv/the-atheist-experience-tv-show/aron-ra-what-we-can-and-cannot-honestly-say-we-know-5016609

But the long and the short of it is that while you may believe something for whatever reasons you like,
good or bad, claiming knowledge is objectively testable.
If you claim to know something you have to be able to prove it or you don't know it, and you are lying or
being otherwise dishonest to claim otherwise.

So, how do you KNOW that god said so, and what's your proof.
(hint: faith doesn't qualify as proof, neither does hearing voices)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jan 12

I'm happy for you feeling your well earned superiority over us heathen.

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
Really, I am disturbed that there are still people in this day and age who genuinely believe that hell exists
and that for not believing in a so called 'loving' god with absolutely no rational justification or evidence most
of the planets population will be spending an eternity after death burning in hell.

The fact that friends and family of atheists who are themselves theists can think that after death their loved
one is going to spend eternity in hell is deeply tragic.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
No son. I don't in any way feel superior to anyone. Just older. lol

In God's world it's a level playing field. I too will be called to account. The difference between you and I is my plea. When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Jan 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Really, I am disturbed that there are still people in this day and age who genuinely believe that hell exists
and that for not believing in a so called 'loving' god with absolutely no rational justification or evidence most
of the planets population will be spending an eternity after death burning in hell.

The fact that friends and family of athei ...[text shortened]... think that after death their loved
one is going to spend eternity in hell is deeply tragic.
What is deeply tragic is rejecting God and His Christ.

Do you expect to mock God and get away with it? Denying the existence of God will not make Him go away. You will face Him.

But you have to come to God on His terms now. Later will be too late.

Moves
09 Jan 12

No son. I don't in any way feel superior to anyone. Just older. lol

In God's world it's a level playing field. I too will be called to account. The difference between you and I is my plea. When God asks me why He should allow me to live with Him for all eternity, my answer will be Christ.

What will you say?
In the astronomically unlikely event that you are right and your god exists and upon death I meet him...

I would say a great number of things, and probably ask a great number, But one idea that Matt Dillahunty
said that I find applicable is that if a cable company came and gave you a bill for internet service that you
never signed up for would you pay it?

I never signed up for whatever service god claims to offer, I don't ask for or want his help, and I will not
pay for service I didn't ask for. I certainly wont pay for service that doesn't exist.
Because as far as I can see god does sweet F.A. and expects us to worship him and in repayment he wont
torture us for eternity.

Count me out.

If there is an afterlife then that's fantastic, but if there is a heaven and hell, and you get put into one or the
other based on how good you were at believing in and worshiping a being who couldn't even be bothered
to provide a shred of credible evidence of it's existence or of the criterium by which you go to heaven or hell then
that being is not worthy of worship and I will say so. (no point lying to god and my views on this are already in print)

No being that would condemn anyone to an eternity of torture for not believing in them is not worthy of worship.
In this or any other life.

Of course after enough torture anyone will say anything if they think it would make it stop... but that doesn't mean anything.