1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 00:21
    what makes god so special? why does he not need a creator? where does the power to be eternal come from?
  2. Joined
    26 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 00:22
    Man
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 00:35
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    what makes god so special? why does he not need a creator? where does the power to be eternal come from?
    A man was once asked if he believed in God. He responded, "Not at all...I believe in something much greater!"
  4. England
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 11:32
    mans life is short, so not long and you can ask him!!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 11:402 edits
    Really all you are asking is when did God begin which implies that time had no beginning when in reality time did have a beginning. When you see that time did have a beginning because God created time you can then see that he WAS the beginning. God simply created another demension of reality via the Big Bang and time was birthed into existence when this happened. Other than that I would say that God simply "IS" what there is, if that makes sense to you.
  6. The Fearful Sphere
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 11:40
    The most astonishing thing about God is that He never had a teacher.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 12:02
    Originally posted by stoker
    mans life is short, so not long and you can ask him!!
    Not that he's likely to start answering questions he refused to answer while you were still alive.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 12:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Other than that I would say that God simply "IS" what there is, if that makes sense to you.
    Does it make sense to you if I say that the Universe just 'is'?
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 12:383 edits
    I don't see a whole lot of difference between people asking "Well, what made God?" and people who use to believe that if you sail on the ocean far enough you would sail off over the edge of the world at a waterfall.

Thanfully some thoughtful poeple eventually grasped that the earth was round and that you don't sail off the "edge" of the earth at a waterfall far out at sea.

And somewhat the same some of us realize that all being and existence is curved around God. And the question "who made God?" or "where did God come from" is meaningless.

Some modern theologians have dealt with this issue by discribing God as the Ground of Being. By very definition God is that for which there is nothing greater.

Sorry. I don't think it means a antogonistic relationship with such a God because He is eternal and everexisting - self existing. There is no basic reason, I think, that negative red lights need to go off in our minds because we're finite and God is not.

Getting to know God is the answer this tension. And grasping that God wants and meant to have us share eternity with Him in a very strong love relationship as manifested in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 13:34
    Originally posted by jaywill
    And somewhat the same some of us realize that all being and existence is curved around God. And the question "who made God?" or "where did God come from" is meaningless.
    A much better analogy though would be those of us who realize that God does not exist. After all, those who realized that the earth was round, did so via observation, logic and reason against the prevailing wisdom of the time.
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 18:483 edits
    =================================

A much better analogy though would be those of us who realize that God does not exist. After all, those who realized that the earth was round, did so via observation, logic and reason against the prevailing wisdom of the time

====================================

I think a better analogy with those who "realize" that God does not exist is the ostrich who buries her head in the sand so she won't see something she doesn't want to acknowledge is happening.

There is an "elephant" in the living room - history's Jesus of Nazareth.

While you smuggly sit there informing the rest of the world that you and your athiest friends simply "realize" that God doesn't exist, we have Someone whom many of us cannot ignore.

He teaches God does exist and acts like it. If He isn't God become a man He certainly deserves an Academy Award.

Like I said, the conceit is on the side of those who pretend that there was no Jesus to walk among us on this planet.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '08 19:15
    =================================

===================================

The power of an uncreated and indestructible life.

Uncreated we simply have to believe.

Indestructible He sought to demonstrate by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from among the dead.

It is not too hard to imagine Life which is uncreated and the source of all other lives. He is the real life. Any life that can pass out of existence must only be a kind of shadow of the real life.

The reality of Life is that Life which is eternal and cannot be destroyed. If you attempt to make God anything else we humans will always regard ourselves as on a higher level than God.

If the ultimate force is just a Wave or a Vibration or a Force - we humans are on a higher plane of existence. If this God is a Person then we must come under Him in order.

The personhood of God must be transcendent to our personhood.

More importantly, we have in history Someone who acted that way - Jesus of Nazareth. He demonstrated both a life without limitation and a life which cannot be destroyed by death.

He must be the embodiment of the real Life which is uncreated, divine, and eternal.

I believe so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree