1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '10 06:21
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Thanks for the conversion experience. I'm sure you don't let the probes and belittlement of others alter its profundity to you.

I enjoy hearing conversion experiences. They have their analogies in commitments both spiritual and non-spiritual; that experience that is the motivating force for how one rises past a challenge and charges forth in progress. Fo ...[text shortened]... n. It is a matter of broadening our awareness to the possibilities that our existence offers.
    you are most welcome, i remember at the time i was living in student accommodation, my next door neighbour was a student of philosophy and English literature at Glasgow university, across the hall there was a student of French i think at the same university, there was a lady who had a degree in fine arts from Glasgow school of art and a jazz playing trombonist, John. i used to sneak out in my suit and if they caught me they used to make great fun,'a Christian', they would shout, 'throw him to the lions'. My immediate neighbour, before i left said that he actually admired the stance that i had taken, which was kind of encouraging, yup those were crazy days!
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 03:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    mmm, please forgive me Manny, in order for me to be as accurate as i can, i need a little specifics, when you say when, do you mean like, at the conclusion of the present system? or at death? or during ones lifetime? to what event are you referring?
    Present system yeah that would be fair the end of this present system. Let's say your right and the JW's are right 100% or what have you. Jesus comes back to rule the earth and Manny Believed in Christ and God the father though maybe Manny's theology was a bit off what will be my fate in this new system?

Manny
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 03:512 edits
    Originally posted by menace71
    Present system yeah that would be fair the end of this present system. Let's say your right and the JW's are right 100% or what have you. Jesus comes back to rule the earth and Manny Believed in Christ and God the father though maybe Manny's theology was a bit off what will be my fate in this new system?

Manny
    what can i say Manny, you would need to be God and you would need to be able to read hearts, what's inside a person, this is beyond the scope of humans. there are certain indications from scripture that enable one to make inferences, but that is all, for example we read that God is merciful, slow to anger and abundant in kindness, that he is patient because he does not want anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance, however, he seems not to be guided by sentimentality, as are humans

(Numbers 14:18)  Jehovah, slow to anger and abundant in loving-kindness, pardoning error and transgression, but by no means will he give exemption from punishment,. . .

thus it seems, as the scriptures indicate, these attributes, of love, justice, wisdom and power must be balanced.

Also there is a precedent which indicates that God will not destroy anyone arbitrarily, it is rather interesting,

(Genesis 18:23-33) . . .Then Abraham approached and began to say: “Will you really sweep away the righteous with the wicked?  Suppose there are fifty righteous men in the midst of the city. Will you, then, sweep them away and not pardon the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are inside it?  It is unthinkable of you that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?” Then Jehovah said: “If I shall find in Sodom fifty righteous men in the midst of the city I will pardon the whole place on their account.”  But Abraham went on to answer and say: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah, whereas I am dust and ashes.  Suppose the fifty righteous should be lacking five. Will you for the five bring the whole city to ruin?” To this he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin if I find there forty-five.”  But yet again he spoke further to him and said: “Suppose forty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it on account of the forty.”  But he continued: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me go on speaking: Suppose thirty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it if I find thirty there.”  But he continued on: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah: Suppose twenty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the twenty.”  Finally he said: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me speak just this once: Suppose ten are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the ten.”  Then Jehovah went his way when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.

what about us? me, you, everyone? what can we say? Salvation is a gift, for sure, it cannot be earned nor bought, Peter says , 'what sort of persons aught we to be, in deeds of Godly devotion', well only we can answer that. Will i be saved, i dunno? will you be saved, I dunno? All we can try to do is conform or try to bring our lives into harmony with Gods will, this means taking in knowledge of Christ and of God (John 17:3) and applying that knowledge in our lives. i am sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for, i do not want to be a 'false comforter' and give you visions of salvation,you know the emotionalism 'just take him into your heart, you will be saved', but also i dont want to frighten you with 'fire and brimstone'.

there is a rather beautiful verse i leave you to consider and reflect upon,

(Micah 6:8) . . .And what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness and to be modest in walking with your God?

please let me know what you think, i am not averse to criticism.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 04:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what can i say Manny, you would need to be God and you would need to be able to read hearts, what's inside a person, this is beyond the scope of humans. there are certain indications from scripture that enable one to make inferences, but that is all, for example we read that God is merciful, slow to anger and abundant in kindness, that he is patient ...[text shortened]... with your God?

please let me know what you think, i am not averse to criticism.[/b]
    I believe Micah 6:8 cuts right to the chase. Simple yet profound in what God expect from us.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree