1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:142 edits
    I don't like an organization telling me what I can or can't do. (Any organization)
    I have no issue with the use of blood for medical reasons. (Blood is life)
    I could not disavow my own family even if they believe different from me.
    I believe that there is a purer better truth than what the JW's offer.
    I hate wearing a shirt and tie unless I absolutely have to like for Job interview or funeral ect.
    I believe that the foundation of the JW's is steeped in falsehoods that I could never believe in such an organization for that very reason.
    God is bigger than any organization that man has created.
    I personally disagree with JW doctrine no matter what a JW may try to tell me.
    I believe that Christ was/is God.
    I believe there is just warfare. Defense of country or family or what have you.
    Remember this is just me personally why I could not be a JW.

Manny
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:22
    Originally posted by menace71
    I don't like an organization telling me what I can or can't do. (Any organization)
    I have no issue with the use of blood for medical reasons. (Blood is life)
    I could not disavow my own family even if they believe different from me.
    I believe that there is a purer better truth than what the JW's offer.
    I hate wearing a shirt and tie unless I absolutely ...[text shortened]... at Christ was/is God.
    Remember this is just me personally why I could not be a JW.

Manny
    So much for being one of the 144,000. :'(
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Yeah I'm out......🙂

Manny
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:38
    Yeah I'm out......🙂

Manny
    ok, let me help you get over your issues

firtsly no one tells you what you can and cannot do, you have a conscience a mind, use it!

secondly, i sincerely hope that you never have recourse to take blood, but well , were clear on that

thirdly, you shall never have to disavow your family, why would you do that? i am the only person in my family thats a witness, they love me and i love them, whats the deal?

fourthly we are prepared to live our truths, whether there is a purer or better way than that, i doubt it.

fifthly, I also hate wearing a shirt and tie, but the chicks dig it! (every girl crazy about a sharp dressed man)

sixthly, yes we have made many mistakes and we are still learning, i would rather that than stick doggedly to some ancient tradition composed by men in 355 C.E, this is a distinguishing feature, that as our understanding becomes more our beliefs evolve.

seventh God has always had an organisation, the Hebrews and the early Christians were always organised

eighth, i personally disagree with Catholic doctrine, or Protestant doctrine, but i dont see many persons bringing their good news to my home.

ninth In order for one to believe that Christ is God one must close ones eyes to many scriptures

ten: every one has the right to defend themselves personaly, but war is not about that, is it, it is fought on a geo political basis. Christians killing christians and others to the tune of eighty million, i dont think
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:411 edit
    Why do JW's always use the term C.E. ? Serious question.

Manny
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:46
    Why do JW's always use the term C.E. ? Serious question.

Manny
    The Gregorian calendar, and the year numbering system associated with it, is the calendar system with the most widespread use in the world today. For decades, it has been the unofficial global standard, recognized by international institutions such as the United Nations and the Universal Postal Union. It is also a basis of scholarly dating, though some people adopt the Common/Christian Era labels, retaining the same numeric values but using the label "CE" (Common/Christian Era) instead of "AD", and "BCE" (Before the Common/Christian Era) instead of "BC".

source: wikipedia

i dont think there is any real reason, simply preference i think 🙂
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 02:50
    OK I was thinking there was some underlying reason but that seems fair enough.

Manny
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 03:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ok, let me help you get over your issues

firtsly no one tells you what you can and cannot do, you have a conscience a mind, use it!

secondly, i sincerely hope that you never have recourse to take blood, but well , were clear on that

thirdly, you shall never have to disavow your family, why would you do that? i am the only person in my fami ...[text shortened]... cal basis. Christians killing christians and others to the tune of eighty million, i dont think
    What? No eleventhly? 😠
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 03:34
    What? No eleventhly? 😠
    Lol , no i giggled at that as well! 🙂
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 04:41
    Yeah I'm out......🙂

Manny
    So am I.....I have no thought of being one of the 144,000.
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 07:20
    i believe those spots have been filled already.

a long time ago😀
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 10:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i believe those spots have been filled already.

a long time ago😀
    Curses!! 😠
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 14:38
    Ok (Going with JW doctrine)the 144,000 are where? in heaven while the rest of humanity goes where? An earthly paradise? Correct? Why did Jesus tell the thief on the cross(stick as JW's would say)next to him today you shall be in paradise with me? Paul says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord? I do believe there will be a paradise but God himself will be there.

Manny
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 14:49
    Ok (Going with JW doctrine)the 144,000 are where? in heaven while the rest of humanity goes where? An earthly paradise? Correct? Why did Jesus tell the thief on the cross(stick as JW's would say)next to him today you shall be in paradise with me? Paul says to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord? I do believe there will be a paradise but God himself will be there.

Manny
    where was the fiord paradise? earth! Has God changed his original purpose for the earth? absolutely not! The earth shall become a paradise.

The interpretation of Christ and the thief is dependent upon grammar, Galvo and Epi debated this point. If you wish to state that the earth shall not become a paradise, you need to ignore a plethora of scriptures. That it will be destroyed is a nonsense and a misunderstanding of scripture.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '10 17:48

Manny
    God is a spirit and does not reside on earth. He never has and never will. Do you have a scripture or two that shows he will change from a spirit and turn into flesh to live here on earth someday?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree