1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 03:34
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Our best grasp of God is found in Jesus Christ

If you had stopped there I would agree. I could relate right there, he doesn't have to be God. That is not what the bible is telling us.
    John 5:18
    For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Philippians 2:6
    Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

Hebrews 1:3
    The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

I guess we disagree.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '16 11:392 edits
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    1 to 7 and 10, is of no real value for anyone who is serious about eternal life. 8 and 9 is however. Since you like only the Apostles teaching in the New Dispensation. Paul said:

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

[b] Christ gives eternal life to all who obey him
    All the Apostles in the New Dispensation said the same thing. Need references?[/b]
    Sure, and I have a GREAT bridge for sale in Brooklyn. People who believe that BS are simply deluded. You are born, you live, you die. No second chances that come about from anyone other than mankind. (science allows people longer lives due to better nutrition and medicines that will eventually conquer most diseases, maybe letting people live for hundreds of years, but that is the work of mankind not some alleged god.) You want second lives, better to support science than believe in any of the bible scams.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 13:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Sure, and I have a GREAT bridge for sale in Brooklyn. People who believe that BS are simply deluded. You are born, you live, you die. No second chances that come about from anyone other than mankind. (science allows people longer lives due to better nutrition and medicines that will eventually conquer most diseases, maybe letting people live for hundreds of ...[text shortened]... d god.) You want second lives, better to support science than believe in any of the bible scams.
    In the grand scheme of things science isn't going to change the great truth you have
    spelled out, you are born, you live, and you die. Better lives is just a matter of perspective
    since you can have a life filled with comfort and be in turmoil while, or have a life filled with
    struggle and be at peace. Science is great, but it doesn't touch the soul of man and it can
    be used to destroy as it can improve.

Scams can come from anyone at anytime using anything, be it science or religion.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '16 13:40
    Okay I see where your going but it still does not explain why you don't think I was an atheist at one time.
    I never said I don't think you were an atheist at one time.

Maybe you're right, my reading comprehension is light years from yours. Please excuse my ignorance.
    You are only excused if you plan to work on it. If you are just plain lazy and don't want to learn then you are not excused.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    23 May '16 13:41
    I agree, that is why I will end it there with him.
    So you now agree that I was right all along. Good to know.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '16 13:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    For this reason they tried all the more to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

The Son is the radiance of God’s glor ...[text shortened]... cation for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

I guess we disagree.
    Yes we do, I have refuted those verses many times over.
    They do not mean what you think, but Trinitarians don't care, they will stick to their doctrine regardless.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 May '16 16:51
    Yes we do, I have refuted those verses many times over.
    They do not mean what you think, but Trinitarians don't care, they will stick to their doctrine regardless.
    Okay, well I cannot argue against they don't mean what I think since you didn't tell me
    what it was I am thinking. 😉

I'm not overly concern about it however and don't think less of anyone who disagrees with
    me over these points.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 May '16 17:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay

The Son is the radiance of God’s glor ...[text shortened]... cation for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

I guess we disagree.
    Here it is anyway...1John 5:18
    “but also was calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.” This verse shows us that Jesus knew who he was and what he was doing. Some theologians teach that Jesus either never claimed to be the promised Messiah, or that he only took on the role of Messiah when he realized that the people thought he was the Messiah. But the truth is that Mary and Joseph knew Jesus was the Messiah and raised Jesus that way, and every indication in Scripture is that Jesus knew he was the Messiah, taught that to his disciples, and lived his life in obedience to the will of his heavenly Father.

Some Trinitarians claim that John 5:18 is evidence that Jesus was God, because it speaks of Jesus making himself equal with God. But that is not what the verse is saying. The people in the time and culture of the Bible knew that children often carried the authority of the family. For example, the son of a king had great authority. The Jews knew that if Jesus was claiming that God was his Father, then he was also claiming to be the Messiah, and had authority in the world (Psalm 2:7-12; 110:1-4; Isa. 9:6, 7). The Jews correctly caught Jesus’ meaning, but incorrectly ascribed some kind of independent authority to him, which likely came from their own desire to out from under any authority.

Actually, this verse is unsupportive of the doctrine of the Trinity. It accurately records that Jesus was saying that “God” was his father, not that he was himself God, or that he was “God the Son.” It is clear that Jesus’ authority came from the fact that he was the Son of God, not God Himself.

There are a couple fundamental ways of understanding John 5:18, and neither supports the Trinity. One is that Jesus was “equal” to the Father in a limited sense because in that culture children carried the authority of the family. The second is that it was the Jews who claimed that Jesus was making himself equal with God, and they were wrong.

Jesus was no doubt making himself equal to the Father in a limited sense. This is clear from reading John 5:19-47. For example, in John 5 he spoke of people honoring the Son just as they honored the Father. Also, he spoke about dead people hearing his voice and coming up out of the graves.

Phill 2:6

http://www.revisedenglishversion.com/Philippians/chapter2/6

Heb 1:3

An "image" means he is "like" his Father, not the Father.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 May '16 18:25
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    1. The Trinity

One male human and one female human are two different kinds of people, and yet both fall under the (one) classification of 'man'. How can there be two distinct classifications of people, and yet both fall under the same one classification of 'man'?

Anyone able to understand how this is possible should also be able to understand how God can be one, and at the same time three distinct 'persons' of the one God.
    Mars and Venus are different but both fall under the one classification of 'god'.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 May '16 00:02
    I will first deal with the trinity and here are 20 reasons why the doctrine of the Trinity is wrong...this link simply opens a pdf file that is too long to post here..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiv2rKdsfHMAhWl7YMKHWdmAcwQFggfMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.christianmonotheism.com%2Fmedia%2Ftext%2FChuck%2520LaMattina%2520--%2520Twenty%2520Biblical%2520reasons%2520why%2520the%2520doctrine%2520of%2520the%2520Trinity%2520is%2520wrong.pdf&usg=AFQjCNEvL_s3tBhMayIpIoqRI6NVTdOUYg&sig2=34bBeGXyvSXc-8BuxRyHng

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree