1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 00:295 edits
    Given my recent conversations with Robbie Carrobie I have discovered a new way of evaluating what can be true, and to this end I believe that middle Earth existed and Frodo baggins really did put his life in jeopardy by ridding us all of the evil ring (an act for which we should all be grateful). I also believe that it was Gandalf who magicked into being the world we live in today. Indeed, if one reads the text one will learn all about the life of Frodo and his brave endeavours - additional evidence to support my position on this matter is the fact that Tolkein even provided a map of middle earth for us to see what it looked like! Indeed, how would he be able to provide such an accurate map if he didn't have knowledge of that place!!!? Irrefutable evidence I'm sure you'll all agree.
    It is only a shame that Tolkein is no longer alive to share with you all the details I know (in my heart) to be true; and I am truly embarrassed about my atheistic nature prior to the enlightenment I now possess - I retract all my objections to magic that have come before, and beg of you all to follow the teachings I know to be true before Sauron rises again!

It is because of this I cannot believe that Jesus or God exists because Tolkein, the writer of the historical text from which my faith is based does not mention such character. How can I possibly believe such tales when they aren't substantiated in the books of truth???. Now before anyone starts talking about the nay-sayers who put forward the ludicrous idea Tolkein's books are a work of fiction, I say they are materialists who refuse to admit magic into their world view (as once were I before my epiphany).

Indeed I challenge anyone to prove that Middle Earth didn't exist or that the evil wizard Sauron wasn't overcome by brave Frodo Baggins and his friends!
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 01:44
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Given my recent conversations with Robbie Carrobie I have discovered a new way of evaluating what can be true, and to this end I believe that middle Earth existed and Frodo baggins really did put his life in jeopardy by ridding us all of the evil ring (an act for which we should all be grateful). I also believe that it was Gandalf who magicked into being the w ...[text shortened]... st or that the evil wizard Sauron wasn't overcome by brave Frodo Baggins and his friends!
    Oooh! Oooo! Do Green Eggs and Ham next.
  3. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 08:00
    Given my recent conversations with Robbie Carrobie I have discovered a new way of evaluating what can be true, and to this end I believe that middle Earth existed and Frodo baggins really did put his life in jeopardy by ridding us all of the evil ring (an act for which we should all be grateful). I also believe that it was Gandalf who magicked into being the w ...[text shortened]... st or that the evil wizard Sauron wasn't overcome by brave Frodo Baggins and his friends!
    An April Fools' Joke needs to be a little more plausible. 😛
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 08:27
    Originally posted by lausey
    An April Fools' Joke needs to be a little more plausible. 😛
    Except that Robbie didn't say all that on the 1st of April, nor do most Christians who basically make the same implausible claims.
  5. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 08:37
    conversations with Robbie Carrobie
    YouTube&feature=topvideos
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 08:451 edit
    Given my recent conversations with Robbie Carrobie I have discovered a new way of evaluating what can be true, and to this end I believe that middle Earth existed and Frodo baggins really did put his life in jeopardy by ridding us all of the evil ring (an act for which we should all be grateful). I also believe that it was Gandalf who magicked into being the w st or that the evil wizard Sauron wasn't overcome by brave Frodo Baggins and his friends!
    is this the type of empty deception and ludicrous claims that the forces of atheism
    must now resort? dear oh dear, it makes a mockery of atheism. Lets see

1. Bible mentions real places, that one can visit, does the book of Tolkein not also
    mention places, has anyone visited them?

2. Bible mentions real events, the Jewish diaspora for example, does lord of the
    rings not also mention events, are they corroborated outside of its text?

3.Bible mentions secular rulers, Roman Governorships, Judean Kings, Persian
    satraps, Egyptian Pharaohs, who actually did exist, does not the Lord of the rings
    also mention rulers, is there any corroborative evidence to show that they existed?

4. Bible mentions prophecy's that have actually taken place, the destruction of
    Jerusalem for example, in which Cestus Gallas and then Titus utterly vanquished
    the Jewish nation, killing or capturing over , one million persons, and raising
    Jerusalem to the ground. What prophecies have been corroborated by secular
    history in the Lord of the Rings?

5. Biblical miracles are utterly without any affectation, indeed they are almost
    matter of fact, they were always done in public and had testimony from eye
    witnesses at the time, in contrast, those of the lord of the rings are utterly fantastic,
    illusionary pieces of base deception and conjurers tricks.

Five simple points which not only proves the unreliability of Agers utterly vain
    attempts to excuse himself from admitting, that yes indeed the Bible is reliable, but
    in mocking the ancient text, he has unwittingly made a mockery of atheism, which
    must resort to such lowly argumentation, April fools or not.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 08:55
    Originally posted by Seitse
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4hepZThRy8&feature=topvideos
    here is robbies youtube video, a BLDC motor made from a nail, some copper wire, old
    inkjet cartridges, a reed switch and some earth magnets. I have a proud viewing of
    almost 300!

YouTube
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 09:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    is this the type of empty deception and ludicrous claims that the forces of atheism
    must now resort? dear oh dear, it makes a mockery of atheism. Lets see

1. Bible mentions real places, that one can visit, does the book of Tolkein not also
    mention places, has anyone visited them?

2. Bible mentions real events, the Jewish diaspora for examp ...[text shortened]... made a mockery of atheism, which
    must resort to such lowly argumentation, April fools or not.
    What are the 'forces of atheism'?
  9. Wat?
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 10:341 edit
    [b]
    2. Bible mentions real events, the Jewish diaspora for example, does lord of the
    b]

Real events? Corroborated?

So Moses parted the seas with a stick?

Jeez, he must have been the David Copperfield of his day, what? 😀

-m.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:112 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What are the 'forces of atheism'?
    You, Agers, Hamilton, Whitehead, Avalanche the putty cat, sonhouse, mikeholm, the
    forces of atheism, (i dont include beetle and plykna because they have come to the
    realisation, that all one can state with any certainty is what is plausible to us, through
    an evaluation with the mind)
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:14
    Originally posted by mikelom

-m.
    i say the same thing to you that is now perfectly clear, you cannot say with any
    certainty that it did not happen, all you can state with any certainty is, that to you, it
    seems improbable. Never the less, it has been theorised that in the case of the
    parting of the red sea, God may have used electromagnetic force. You are of course
    aware of the effects of electro magnetic force upon water? It is after all termed, the
    Moses effect, for good reason. Typical atheist dogma!
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:17
    You, Agers, Hamilton, Whitehead, Avalanche the putty cat, sonhouse, mikeholm, the forces of atheism, (i dont include beetle and plykna because they have come to the realisation, that all one can state with any certainty is what is plausible to us, through an evaluation of the mind)
    To start with 'the cat' is not an atheist. Secondly, all i state is that which i have evaluated with my mind and unlike you that evaluation process doesn't have a filter.

(Hope the dentist wasn't too painful)
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:171 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom

-m.
    Unfortunately, Robbie does make valid points against the Lord Of The Rings analogy. There are some events, people and places mentioned in the Bible for which there is non-biblical evidence. There are none at all in TLoTR.

TLoTR would be the quivalent of Genesis books 1 to 3 (or therabouts) up until the point of the first mention of a place / name / event with external evidence. So TLoTR may be a valid analogy when arguing those who interpret the Genesis creation myth literally, but not for those who don't.

Btw, there is a whole load of stuff prior to TLoTR that is documented in the Silmarillion. I think that is where you should be looking for the true creation story.

--- Penguin.
  14. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:191 edit
    You, Agers, Hamilton, Whitehead, Avalanche the putty cat, sonhouse, mikeholm, the
    forces of atheism, (i dont include beetle and plykna because they have come to the
    realisation, that all one can state with any certainty is what is plausible to us, through
    an evaluation with the mind)
    Oy, what about me? Don't I count?

Don't wanna play no more. Not talking to you.

Sniff.

😉

--- Penguin.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Apr '11 11:22
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    To start with 'the cat' is not an atheist. Secondly, all i state is that which i have evaluated with my mind and unlike you that evaluation process doesn't have a filter.

(Hope the dentist wasn't too painful)
    i apologise to the cat, i was unaware, perhaps he is agnostic? Actually the dentists door
    was seized, when i arrived all the staff were waiting outside and a man was setting
    about the lock with an angle grinder. Worse was to come, i was thus forced to go
    shopping, for furniture, when, i think i would have rather taken the root canal
    treatment instead! I loathe shopping with a vengeance.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree