1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    12 Jan '14 21:45
    If there is anything the "media" can help us with, it is to help us find God and His way of redemption. It isn't chess which has no eternal value. It isn't how many people have killed themselves like Fat Lady revealed:

    http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2014/01/09/pestano-man-kills-self-play-chess-afterlife-322416

    It isn't one person killing another POSSIBLY over a chess game like greenpawn34 revealed in another forum.

    It isn't anything that has value only in this life or on this earth. Why would anyone else bring such disdain for discussing a matter way more important which is God and how to go to be with God?
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14579
    12 Jan '14 21:50
    I'd love to understand what you're asking here, but I can honestly say I haven't got a clue.

    Is the answer 42?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86381
    12 Jan '14 21:58
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    If there is anything the "media" can help us with, it is to help us find God and His way of redemption. It isn't chess which has no eternal value. It isn't how many people have killed themselves like Fat Lady revealed:

    http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2014/01/09/pestano-man-kills-self-play-chess-afterlife-322416

    It isn't one person killing a ...[text shortened]... ch disdain for discussing a matter way more important which is God and how to go to be with God?
    Perhaps you've never opened your mind to the fact that not all chess players are murderers and that most lead normal peaceful nerdy lives. Before you spout more of this chessophobic bigotry I suggest you take a broader view of the global chess community.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    12 Jan '14 22:17
    I am trying to bring out that chess matters are not the only thing to focus on. There is something way more important. If we censor the thing more important, then life is vain. Chess will not save us for eternity.

    Second, if media can tell about people killing themselves, then media has a more important task, to bring us to God who can redeem us for eternity. If human life is so unbearable, then why focus on it as the "end all" of discussion and leave out eternal hope?
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    12 Jan '14 22:41
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    I am trying to bring out that chess matters are not the only thing to focus on. There is something way more important. If we censor the thing more important, then life is vain. Chess will not save us for eternity.

    Second, if media can tell about people killing themselves, then media has a more important task, to bring us to God who can redeem us fo ...[text shortened]... s so unbearable, then why focus on it as the "end all" of discussion and leave out eternal hope?
    Which god?
  6. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    12 Jan '14 23:27
    Googlefudge,
    The God, not god, I am talking about is the one who created us. I am depending on God, the Father of Jesus, the Christ. Genesis chapter 1 starts out telling us about creation which included man.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14579
    12 Jan '14 23:28
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    I am trying to bring out that chess matters are not the only thing to focus on. There is something way more important. If we censor the thing more important, then life is vain. Chess will not save us for eternity.

    Second, if media can tell about people killing themselves, then media has a more important task, to bring us to God who can redeem us fo ...[text shortened]... s so unbearable, then why focus on it as the "end all" of discussion and leave out eternal hope?
    If you browse through this subforum (of a chess website, no less) you'll find a regular freakshow of various people discussing all kinds of topics under the banner of spirituality, and chess is hardly ever mentioned - in fact I think this topic has already mentioned the word chess more often today than the rest of Spirituality combined. I suggest you partake in the festivities of the eternal bickering and bantering.

    Who's censoring what and why? And when? And how?

    If god wants me, I suggest he tells me that himself. What media can you trust these days anyway?

    Who says that life is unbearable and what does it have to do with the rest of us?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    12 Jan '14 23:35
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Googlefudge,
    The God, not god, I am talking about is the one who created us. I am depending on God, the Father of Jesus, the Christ. Genesis chapter 1 starts out telling us about creation which included man.
    Oh that old god... thought you might have something new to bring to
    the table .... now what were you saying about chess ...........
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    13 Jan '14 00:00
    Great King Rat,
    Apparantly, life is unbearable to many people. Examples are given by the Fat Lady:

    http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2014/01/09/pestano-man-kills-self-play-chess-afterlife-322416
  10. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    13 Jan '14 00:11
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Googlefudge,
    The God, not god, I am talking about is the one who created us. I am depending on God, the Father of Jesus, the Christ. Genesis chapter 1 starts out telling us about creation which included man.
    Well you want the media to teach everyone about god, to which I ask which god
    because not everyone believes that there is a god let alone agrees which god or
    gods it is.

    Who gets to decide which god gets taught by the media?

    You?

    The reason for having a freedom of religion and a separation of church and state
    is that it means not just that you can't force your religion on anyone else... but
    that nobody else [including the state] can force another religion on you.


    Ask yourself how you would feel if the state and media spent all their time teaching
    you to worship someone else's 'God/s'.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    14579
    13 Jan '14 00:14
    I understand now where you're coming from, because I noticed what happened in the General Forum. Fact is, over there they want to have games where someone says one word and then someone else says another word. That's why, if you wish to discuss spiritual matters, you can do that here.

    So go on, say something about eternal hope.
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    2597
    13 Jan '14 00:50
    Googlefudge,
    Well, for starters, how many gods can say that the one they offer eternal life in is still alive. We can start weeding out with that criteria from the beginning.
  13. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    1795
    13 Jan '14 00:57
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Googlefudge,
    Well, for starters, how many gods can say that the one they offer eternal life in is still alive. We can start weeding out with that criteria from the beginning.
    Well for starters that sentence is gibberish.

    But for seconds, there is no a priori requirement that a god offer any afterlife
    of any kind and thus, no we can't 'weed out' gods like that.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Infidel
    Dunedin
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    13 Jan '14 02:03
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Googlefudge,
    Well, for starters, how many gods can say that the one they offer eternal life in is still alive. We can start weeding out with that criteria from the beginning.
    So do you choose your god based upon what's on offer?
    Sounds more like a politician than a deity!
    I suppose Jehovah or whatever you want to call him will be
    down here kissing babies next.

    ... and what if the One True God cant offer eternal life? He might be
    a nice guy but basically lacking in the omnipotency department. You
    going to ignore him and worship your make-believe one?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    13 Jan '14 03:27
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Great King Rat,
    Apparantly, life is unbearable to many people. Examples are given by the Fat Lady:

    http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cebu/sports/2014/01/09/pestano-man-kills-self-play-chess-afterlife-322416
    KingOnPoint,
    Regarding chess and afterlife, God tells us in the Bible that it isn't over until the Fat Lady sings. Do you agree?
Back to Top