1. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:11
    Ok, I might understand if you rejected a free car. Or even a million dollars. But why would anyone reject salvation from the Lord Jesus? I'd like some reasons here please.
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:18
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    Ok, I might understand if you rejected a free car. Or even a million dollars. But why would anyone reject salvation from the Lord Jesus? I'd like some reasons here please.
    Not everyone rejects Jesus, just some Christian's ideas of what being a Christian is... and some Christian's endless rantings of who is saved and who is damned.

ES
  3. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:22
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not everyone rejects Jesus, just some Christian's ideas of what being a Christian is... and some Christian's endless rantings of who is saved and who is damned.

ES
    Ok, are you saying you have accepted Jesus Christ but not the Bible?
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:24
    Ok, are you saying you have accepted Jesus Christ but not the Bible?
    Let's just say I have not accepted your translations, and interpretations.

ES
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:26

ES
    So basically you have not accepted the Bible.
  6. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:26

ES
    Would you be more specific?
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:28
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    No, the Bible is a book of histories... translated as best it could be.

I don't buy how you guys seem to pick verses to prove Jesus will burn most people in Hell's Fires.

ES
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:29
    Would you be more specific?
    Sure... but not tonight.

ES
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:311 edit
    No, the Bible is a book of histories... translated as best it could be.

I don't buy how you guys seem to pick verses to prove Jesus will burn most people in Hell's Fires.

ES
    It is the truth.

Matthew 7:13 - "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

If I was still Catholic I would not witness to people at all. But because Christ came into my life I must because he told us to witness.

10. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:31
    See, I knew this guy was shooting for stardom.
    It's a simple choice yes, accept your (RBHill's) views or be damned?
    I *knew* you could do it!
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:33
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    See, I knew this guy was shooting for stardom.
    It's a simple choice yes, accept your (RBHill's) views or be damned?
    I *knew* you could do it!
    I don't need stardom.

Matthew 16:26 - For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?
  12. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:37
    I don't need stardom.

Matthew 16:26 - For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life?
    Praise be.
  13. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:381 edit
    ... But why would anyone reject salvation from the Lord Jesus? ...
    One reason is that Jesus says I would have to give my money away to the poor. Not that I myself am rich or anything. 😛

But then, I wonder how many people who call themselves followers of Jesus actually do that?

Now don't get me ta' preachin'! Every one of the modern presidents that I can think of have (or had, in the case of those who are deceased) a net worth of several millions of 2005-equivalent U.S. dollars, right? I think that qualifies as rich. What does Jesus have to say about the chances of a rich man making it into Heaven? Well, sir, He says that it will happen when a camel can pass through the eye of a needle.

Hear me now, you fat-cat preachers like John Hagee who say, "Ah, you just don't understand. What the King James ought-to-a said, see, is that a camel passes through the Eye of The Needle. That was a gate where a camel had to be stripped of the goods strapped to it so that it could fit through a narrow gate."

But here's the rub: I have heard an archaeologist say that the gate known by that name didn't even exist yet in those days. So stick that in yer pipe and smoke on it awhile.

So the way I see it, ever last one of them there presidents--and all of 'em 'cept maybe Richard Milhaus Nixon called themselves Christians--they's all down there sweatin' bullets right now, ifn they is passed on to the next life.

Oh! Can somebody shout "Amen"?
  14. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:39
    There seems to be a difference of opinion on what the Bible says in regard to living a Christian life.
  15. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:42
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    One reason is that Jesus says I would have to give my money away to the poor. Not that I myself am rich or anything. 😛

But then, I wonder how many people who call themselves followers of Jesus actually do that?

Now don't get me ta' preachin'! Every one of the modern presidents that I can think of have (or had, in the case of those who are deceas ...[text shortened]... hose days. So stick that in yer pipe and smoke on it awhile.

Oh! Can somebody shout "Amen"?
    AMEN!
    Btw, I heard from some guy that the "camel" actually referred to a term used for a thick rope for mooring ships, but better not tell anyone eh?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree