1. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:42
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Not everyone rejects Jesus, just some Christian's ideas of what being a Christian is... and some Christian's endless rantings of who is saved and who is damned.

ES
    I could understand if it sounds like what we're saying is harsh and you haven't read the Bible very much, but what we're saying is true. And if you are a Christian I would advise you to get to reading your Bible! I look foward to seeing what, specifically, you don't agree with though.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:47
    Originally posted by bobbob1056th
    Ok, I might understand if you rejected a free car. Or even a million dollars. But why would anyone reject salvation from the Lord Jesus? I'd like some reasons here please.
    Because it comes with strings attached like

1) I have to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God
    2) I have to follow his book's commandments, many of which I find appalling.

1) and 2) form the following: I must knowingly lie to myself. I won't waste my precious time doing that. (RHP forums, yes. That, no.)
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:481 edit
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    AMEN!
    Btw, I heard from some guy that the "camel" actually referred to a term used for a thick rope for mooring ships, but better not tell anyone eh?
    We ain't got no deepwater ports here in Arizona, so I don't know much about nautical stuff, but I'll take your word for it. 😀
  4. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 04:531 edit
    I could understand if it sounds like what we're saying is harsh and you haven't read the Bible very much, but what we're saying is true. And if you are a Christian I would advise you to get to reading your Bible! I look foward to seeing what, specifically, you don't agree with though.
    Are you people the Christian Taliban?
    EDIT: Removed an extra "the"
  5. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:13
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    It is the truth.

Matthew 7:13 - "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

If I was still Catholic I would not witness to people at all. But because Christ came into my life I must because he told us to witness.

matt 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but
    considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 7:4 Or how wilt
    thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye;
    and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first
    cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see
    clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:
    for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of
    the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They
    have their reward.
    6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou
    hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy
    Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

13:19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandethit not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which wassown in his hear. This is he which received seed by the way side.

Now read Mathew 25

6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:20
    Ok, I might understand if you rejected a free car. Or even a million dollars. But why would anyone reject salvation from the Lord Jesus? I'd like some reasons here please.
    Why not accept Zeus? Or Odin? Or Allah? I'd like some reasons, please.
  7. Not Kansas
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:21
    It is the truth.

Matthew 7:13 - "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many.

Matthew 7:14 - For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

If I was still Catholic I would not witness to people at all. But because Christ came into my life I must because he told us to witness.

If Christ wasn't "in your life" before, then you weren't a Catholic. Simple huh?
  8. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:28
    I'd accept jesus for a million bucks.. 🙂

(fer a few minutes..lol)
  9. Joined
    17 Jan '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:301 edit
    Regardless of specific belief, all religions are about truth. The key to the universe, how things actually are.

All people would accept Jesus if they believed his story was real. At the end of the day, people reject him because they don't believe in some or all of the events portrayed in the bible.
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:39
    It is the truth.

rbhill?

The verses that you quote are the same ones you had been asked
    to read in another thread.....makes me wonder, that you wouldnt
    acknowledge this to the people, who have on numerous occasions, tried to guide you into the way of truth. They have been trying to help
    you see the words of Jesus...and see the truth....

Love and Compassion to mankind

gil
  11. Joined
    29 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:46
    Originally posted by Pullhard
    Regardless of specific belief, all religions are about truth. The key to the universe, how things actually are.

All people would accept Jesus if they believed his story was real. At the end of the day, people reject him because they don't believe in some or all of the events portrayed in the bible.
    Thank you.
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 05:54
    Thank you.
    Matthew 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy
    neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

which you just rejected in the other thread

5:46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not
    even the publicans the same? 5:47 And if ye salute your brethren
    only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 5:48
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is
    perfect.
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 07:52
    i haven't 'rejected' jesus. but i do at the present moment reject pouring all my belief into a religion that makes no sense.

in all honesty, i find the bible a rather interesting book. i like reading parts of it, and i like some (alot actually) of the ideas it puts forth concerning the nature of man. but at the end of the day, the arbitrary dogma associated with the christian belief system is stifling. i reject accepting arbitrary dogma.

at the present, i rate the bible as simply another moderately good read -- it sits next to my copies of carl sandburg collected works (a great read) and billiards digest (been meaning to pitch that -- old copy) on my desk.
  14. Standard memberVillager
    Peasant
    England
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 11:39
    At root, I find the notion of the 'son of God' to be absurd. Aside from this, I could more or less accept Christianity.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 12:01
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Why not accept Zeus? Or Odin? Or Allah? I'd like some reasons, please.
    Did Zues or Odin or Allah die for your sins on the cross?

Were any of them raised from the dead?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree