1. Joined
    03 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 15:49
    It is very simple really: They have been denied the two things that humankind most need: The love orf a p[artner in life, and the sexuality that the human body craves.
  2. London
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 15:53
    Originally posted by elvendreamgirl
    It is very simple really: They have been denied the two things that humankind most need: The love orf a p[artner in life, and the sexuality that the human body craves.
    What about Michael Jackson? He had both.
  3. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:00
    What!? Surly you don't mean to excuse them. I don't care what they have been denied. I think you are vocalizing the same excuses they give themselves to justify the damage they do to children.

Why do they do it? Because they are evil. I will not say that natural desire and the need of love could lead anyone to do what they did. If you think guys get that sexually frustrated - enough to make them go after little kids - then someone has been handing you a load of bull.

Desire for love and sex is not evil - it's evil when you will destroy children to fulfill your cravings.
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:02
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Who cares? Quit trying to dodge the bullet.
  5. London
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:07
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Who cares? Quit trying to dodge the bullet.
    Who's trying to dodge the bullet? The answer to her question is the same as the answer to mine.
  6. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:08
    Originally posted by Coletti
    What!? Surly you don't mean to excuse them. I don't care what they have been denied. I think you are vocalizing the same excuses they give themselves to justify the damage they do to children.

Why do they do it? Because they are evil. I will not say that natural desire and the need of love could lead anyone to do what they did. If you think guys ...[text shortened]... love and sex is not evil - it's evil when you will destroy children to fulfill your cravings.
    I know very little about pedophiles, but one aspect of their behavior seems to stem from being molested as children themselves. So going on that little tidbit, I'll take a guess at something...

A lot of priests that have been busted for child molestation in the last few years were molested as children. But very people knew or even dared speak of such a thing in the 50's and 60's when our current priests were being molested. And the cover-up that the Catholic church and it's senior leaders have been involved in is now being exposed.

So the cycle continues. The molested become the molesters. The difference now is that more people are aware of the criminals and their partners in this conspiracy to sweep it all under the rug.

All speculation on my part of course, but it seems logical.

7. London
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:141 edit
    http://www.catholiceducation.org/articles/facts/fm0011.html

Celibacy bears no causal relation to any type of deviant sexual addiction including pedophilia. In fact, married men are just as likely as celibate priests to sexually abuse children (Jenkins, Priests and Pedophilia). In the general population, the majority of abusers are regressed heterosexual men who sexually abuse girls. Women are also found to be among those sexual abusers. While it's difficult to obtain accurate statistics on childhood sexual abuse, the characteristic patterns of repeat child sex offenders have been well described. The profiles of child molesters never include normal adults who become erotically attracted to children as a result of abstinence (Fred Berlin, "Compulsive Sexual Behaviors" in Addiction and Compulsive Behaviors [Boston: NCBC, 1998]; Patrick J. Carnes, "Sexual Compulsion: Challenge for Church Leaders" in Addiction and Compulsion; Dale O'Leary, "Homosexuality and Abuse" ).

EDIT: I hate it when " ) looks like a wink.
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:21
    Actually, most forms of abuse and rape have more to do with power than sexuality.

9. Joined
    03 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:22
    Originally posted by Coletti

Why do they do it? Because they are evil. I will not say that natural desire and the need of love could lead anyone to do what they did. If you think guys ...[text shortened]... love and sex is not evil - it's evil when you will destroy children to fulfill your cravings.
    Of course I don't excuse them. As Adults, they have chosen to do terrible psychological damage to children.
    But I do know something about molesters and being molested as a child, and I believe that this is one cause of priests molesting children.
  10. Joined
    03 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:24
    michael jackson is a whole different story. How can you put him in the category with most molesters? he lives in a fantasy of his opwn creation which is supported by all the people whom he pays.
  11. Joined
    03 Dec '03
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:25
    Originally posted by wib
    I know very little about pedophiles, but one aspect of their behavior seems to stem from being molested as children themselves. So going on that little tidbit, I'll take a guess at something...

A lot of priests that have been busted for child molestation in the last few years were molested as children. But very people knew or even dared speak of such a t ...[text shortened]... it all under the rug.

All speculation on my part of course, but it seems logical.

I think you are correct here.
  12. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:26

In fact, married men are just as likely as celibate priests to sexually abuse children (Jenkins, Priests and Pedophilia).
    Don't you think celibate priests should hold themselves to a higher standard than the typical married man when it comes to leading a Christian life?
  13. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:29
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Don't you think celibate priests should hold themselves to a higher standard than the typical married man when it comes to leading a Christian life?
    I don't think it has anything to do with Christianity.
    When you put people in a position of power, especially one when they could easily abuse their position, some of them will.

It doesn't matter if you're a priest, a prison warden or Uncle Harry. Some people will and some people won't.
    That's why, when you're talking institutions, you really need a set of rules like "Rotation" or "Outside monitoring" to make sure people don't get out of hand.
  14. London
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:32
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    I think all priests (celibate or otherwise) should hold themselves to a higher standard. But that doesn't mean you can point out either celibacy or priesthood as the cause of pedophilic priests.
  15. Standard memberwib
    Stay outta my biznez
    Moves
    13 Apr '05 16:35
    I think all priests (celibate or otherwise) should hold themselves to a higher standard. But that doesn't mean you can point out either celibacy or priesthood as the cause of pedophilic priests.
    So that leads us back to two theories for the cause:

Power

Previously molested as children (maybe both are connected)

Or perhaps they're just freaks who got into the Catholic Church with every intention of faking their way through the Christian stuff just so they can get their grimey paws on some young stuff?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree