why priests molest children

why priests molest children

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by elvendreamgirl
It is very simple really: They have been denied the two things that humankind most need: The love orf a p[artner in life, and the sexuality that the human body craves.
It is because they are a sinner like everyone else and fall short by lissoning to the devils lies.

It is also because they need something, but the only one that can fill a void is Jesus.

d

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
It is because they are a sinner like everyone else and fall short by lissoning to the devils lies.

It is also because they need something, but the only one that can fill a void is Jesus.
So priests molest children because:

a) They are sinners;
b) They listen to the devil's lies; and
c) They need "something".

Great answer, RB! 🙄

p

Graceland.

Moves
13 Apr 05
1 edit

Originally posted by elvendreamgirl
It is very simple really: They have been denied the two things that humankind most need: The love orf a p[artner in life, and the sexuality that the human body craves.

Urm...

1. Priests don't molest children, child molesters do. Child molesters can be priests, firemen, accountants... the list goes on.

2. Abstinance does not cause one to find children attractive. Some people lose their partners and never remarry again. Are they to become paedophiles ?

Sorry elven, but your statement is steriotypical and rather condescending

PS: I know of 4 child molesters... some of them were teenagers experimenting on younger children, others were members of the same family. Members of the same family don't always publish their hidden secrets in the papers. It is actually a very common occurrance.

A
Dog Companion

Rain Forest

Moves
13 Apr 05

Originally posted by wib
So that leads us back to two theories for the cause:

Power

Previously molested as children (maybe both are connected)

Or perhaps they're just freaks who got into the Catholic Church with every intention of faking their way through the Christian stuff just so they can get their grimey paws on some young stuff?

Sexual abuse is always about power and control reguardless of the age of the victim. A healthy person with a good sense of their own worth does not choose a sexual/relationship partner who is radically beneath them in emotional, psychological or physical maturity. Neither does a healthy person choose a partner who cannot freely give consent regardless of the condition which limits consent and participation.

I don't remember the exact numbers. However, the research I have seen indicates that of convicted molesters roughly half had been molested themselves, the remain population simply abused children. Also, having been molested does not mean becoming a molestor.

Last point about originally inquiry. I remember reading a National Geographic or Natural History magazine years ago about some anthropologists who went of to some remote area of Tibet and was making inquiries about the frequency of sexual intercourse among married people. How often each week was the question. The people who were being asked seemed to be confused by the question. Finally, an elder of the group took one of the anthropologists aside and suggested that the more apporopriate question would be: "How many times per year?"