1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 11:21
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You knew full well I was talking about WW2, since we had discussed that a few weeks earlier. I have mentioned that subject several times. You just think 100 million dead must be ok with your god so anything this alleged god does is right since we are just mere humans.

So just how many of those 100 million do you think were unrighteous?
    You do seem to go on and on about death and unrighteousness. Since every
    single person is going to die, why does it matter to you?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 11:392 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    You do seem to go on and on about death and unrighteousness. Since every
    single person is going to die, why does it matter to you?
    What matters is the mindset of those people making the accusations as if the murdered ones were the perps and not the victims of mass murder. I just cannot imagine how ANYONE can make a statement like that.

It is the most abhorrent statement I ever heard anyone make and I have lived a long life.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 12:21
    Right, and how can ANY human say 'I am a jealous god'? Do your really think a god capable of making entire universes has ANY reason to be somehow jealous of HUMANS? We can't even survive an attack by some reptiles, we are pretty far down the strength totem pole, we have practically zero critical thinking ability, made clear by the billions of people duped i ...[text shortened]... oogie man will get them if they don't follow the company line. Why you can't see that says much.
    "Do your really think a god capable of making entire universes has ANY reason to be somehow jealous of HUMANS?"

There's another one of your problems sonhouse! God isn't jealous of humans. You haven't been paying attention. This is how it is. You love someone, but they love someone else. Who are you jealous of?

Maybe if you're thinking this through you'll realize that even when a "human" ignors the living God, and has an affection for something else, even if it's not real, God is jealous for that love and affection. That's what it means.

God wants all your love. Your whole heart, soul and mind!
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 12:22
    What matters is the mindset of those people making the accusations as if the murdered ones were the perps and not the victims of mass murder. I just cannot imagine how ANYONE can make a statement like that.

It is the most abhorrent statement I ever heard anyone make and I have lived a long life.
    "...100 million dead must be ok with your god ..."

I may have seen this out of context than, it seemed like you were
    accusing God of something here.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 12:251 edit
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"Do your really think a god capable of making entire universes has ANY reason to be somehow jealous of HUMANS?"

There's another one of your problems sonhouse! God isn't jealous of humans. You haven't been paying attention. This is how it is. You love someone, but they love someone else. Who are you jealous of?

Maybe if you're thinking this throu ...[text shortened]... nd affection. That's what it means.

God wants all your love. Your whole heart, soul and mind![/b]
    So why was that verse in the bible? It sounds a WHOLE lot to me of anthropomorphising what THEY thought a god would be like, more evidence to me of not a deity inspired book but simply humans making up a religion.

Another thing, if this deity was directly involved in the simple conflicts of those ancient days, why wouldn't it also be involved in our admittedly much more complex situations we have today, like the 100 million murdered in WW2 and after, like the Armenian massacre or the Pol Pot massacre or the 30 odd million killed in the Chinese communist pogroms.

Why would such a deity ignore this vastly more heinous episode in human history yet help out a couple of ancient tribes against one another involving only a few thousand people?

Why don't people stop and think about issues like that? Like it is beneath discussion.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 12:30
    You knew full well I was talking about WW2, since we had discussed that a few weeks earlier. I have mentioned that subject several times. You just think 100 million dead must be ok with your god so anything this alleged god does is right since we are just mere humans.

So just how many of those 100 million do you think were unrighteous?
    All that did not believe in Christ Jesus.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 13:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All that did not believe in Christ Jesus.
    You confirm my assessment of you. A callous cold hearted bastid.

My guess is 90% of those killed in China and Cambodia were not Christian.

So you callously disregard their lives. Like the creep you are.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 13:42
    You confirm my assessment of you. A callous cold hearted bastid.

My guess is 90% of those killed in China and Cambodia were not Christian.

So you callously disregard their lives. Like the creep you are.
    Okay, whatever.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 13:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Okay, whatever.
    And you wonder why you have very few friends here.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 13:53
    And you wonder why you have very few friends here.
    Do I?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 15:19
    So why was that verse in the bible? It sounds a WHOLE lot to me of anthropomorphising what THEY thought a god would be like, more evidence to me of not a deity inspired book but simply humans making up a religion.

Another thing, if this deity was directly involved in the simple conflicts of those ancient days, why wouldn't it also be involved in our a ...[text shortened]... ople?

Why don't people stop and think about issues like that? Like it is beneath discussion.
    Sonhouse, you could conceivably ask a million questions of doubt about why the Bible says what it says, and I'm telling you the answers are there!
    But you keep asking questions predicated on erroneous assumptions like in your post I originally replied to.

How can you expect to get an answer to questions like that?

"Why don't people stop and think about issues like that?"

Don't assume we don't. But as you stated above, the issues of our era are complex, and so are the answers you're looking for. I can answer them easily enough, but that would require an enormous amount of patience and an authentically open mind on your part.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '15 15:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    Sonhouse, you could conceivably ask a million questions of doubt about why the Bible says what it says, and I'm telling you the answers are there!
    But you keep asking questions predicated on erroneous assumptions like in your post I originally replied to.

How can you expect to get an answer to questions like that?

[b]"Why don't people stop and think ...[text shortened]... t that would require an enormous amount of patience and an authentically open mind on your part.
    Ok, I'd like to hear your rational for a non-contact god these days when in the ancient times this god was allegedly actively involved in pitting one Semitic tribe against another for whatever reason.

So why was there not this direct input from this god during the most horrific times the human race has dealt with up to this point in time, with not a few thousand at stake as in the ancient days but literally hundreds of millions of murders between century 19,20, and now the atrocities going on as we speak in century 21?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree