Why some christians are so worried about sex?

Why some christians are so worried about sex?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
Do you really think that the creator of the universe would waste time worried about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

probably not.

So why are some christians so worried about sex before marriage, and things like that?
God is concerned with everything we do. Everything, public or private, including sex. Christians are supposed to follow Him and live holy lives. Having sex with just anyone is not the way it is supposed to be. Christians are simply trying to obey.

w

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by chappy1
God is concerned with everything we do. Everything, public or private, including sex. Christians are supposed to follow Him and live holy lives. Having sex with just anyone is not the way it is supposed to be. Christians are simply trying to obey.
How dare you follow the teachings of Christ and call yourself a Christian? 😠

c

Moves
29 May 09

You're kidding right?

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by Sushill
That hurt:'(
not as much as it would if I kicked your ass.

S

Moves
29 May 09

not as much as it would if I kicked your ass.
You want my address? You are free to stop by any day.

g

Pepperland

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by Sushill
You want my address? You are free to stop by any day.
yes, sure.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
29 May 09

what has that got to do with sex before marriage?
Looking lustfully generally precedes getting laid, and it is apparently a form of adultery.

From the other passage, Jesus' ideal is for marriages to last, which precludes having other partners, at least after marriage. This implies that Jesus may frown on having multiple partners in general, which greatly limits sex before marriage.

F

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by darvlay
It is part of Paul's Lessons in Marriage in his epistles to the Corinthians. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would take advice on marriage from a single dude who looks like a hobo.

1st Corinthians 7:1-7 states:

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2 But since there is so much immorality, each man shou ...[text shortened]... re as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
How many wives had Salomon? He was wise, a hero in the bible, and he didn't had the same view as StPaul.

Conclusion: Whatever you believe, you can find a verse in the bable that backs you. As long as you like. Until you change your belief. Then you can find another verse that back your new belief. In the same bible.

d

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Whatever you believe, you can find a verse in the bable that backs you. As long as you like. Until you change your belief. Then you can find another verse that back your new belief. In the same bible.
I don't believe in Jesus Christ as a Lord and Saviour. Can I find a verse in the bible that backs that up? 😕

AH

Moves
29 May 09
3 edits

Why some Christians are so worried about sex?
-I honestly don’t know why.
But once a Christian who happened to think that sex is a “sin” tried to explain it to me: I don’t remember her words but, if I remember correctly, what she said was vaguely along the lines;

“Having sex is having extreme physical pleasure and that is a ‘sin’ because life should be all about suffering and we should be perpetually suffering” …or words vaguely along those lines.

I wanted to ask but I didn’t get around to asking here why “life should be all about suffering” (that was because she DIED the very next day!!!) -sounds to me we are not allowed to have any REAL fun at all 🙁
Can anyone explain to me why she probably thought “life should be all about suffering”?

c

Moves
29 May 09

I don't believe in Jesus Christ as a Lord and Saviour. Can I find a verse in the bible that backs that up? 😕
No you cannot.

d

Moves
29 May 09

No you cannot.
Thanks for clearing that up.

c

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
Why some Christians are so worried about sex?
-I honestly don’t know why.
But once a Christian who happened to think that sex is a “sin” tried to explain it to me: I don’t remember her words but, if I remember correctly, what she said was vaguely along the lines;

“Having sex is having extreme physical pleasure and that is a ‘sin’ because life s ...[text shortened]... all 🙁
Can anyone explain to me why she probably thought “life should be all about suffering”?
Christians don't think sex is a sin!! God created sex! It's only a sin when used in an inappropriate way! God meant it to be experienced only within a loving and commited relationship (marriage).

d

Moves
29 May 09

Christians don't think sex is a sin!! God created sex! It's only a sin when used in an inappropriate way! God meant it to be experienced only within a loving and commited relationship (marriage).
It's perfectly reasonable to be in a loving and committed relationship outside of marriage. So I suppose you are not against pre-marital sex then?

c

Moves
29 May 09

It's perfectly reasonable to be in a loving and committed relationship outside of marriage. So I suppose you are not against pre-marital sex then?
No. God created sex to be experienced within a loving committed relationship and the way you declare your committment is through marriage. If you aren't married then how committed are you really? Not very because at the drop of the hat you could split. In a marriage you are legally and spiritually bound to your spouse. There's a big difference there.