1. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:16
    Do you really think that the creator of the universe would waste time worried about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

probably not.

So why are some christians so worried about sex before marriage, and things like that?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:241 edit
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Do you really think that the creator of the universe would waste time worried about what people do in the privacy of their bedrooms?

probably not.

So why are some christians so worried about sex before marriage, and things like that?
    It is part of Paul's Lessons in Marriage in his epistles to the Corinthians. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would take advice on marriage from a single dude who looks like a hobo.

1st Corinthians 7:1-7 states:

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3 The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4 The wife’s body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband’s body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6 I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7 I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
  3. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:31
    Originally posted by darvlay
    It is part of Paul's Lessons in Marriage in his epistles to the Corinthians. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would take advice on marriage from a single dude who looks like a hobo.

1st Corinthians 7:1-7 states:

Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2 But since there is so much immorality, each man shou ...[text shortened]... re as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.
    we also have to consider the context in which Paul teached his lessons, Paul was a jew who lived a long time ago.

The lessons could be considered a guide to what he believed was right.

Im not even sure thats what Jesus wanted, and to be honest (without wanting to offend the apostles) Paul and the other apostles seemed very ordinary and thick, just read the new testament, you see how many times Jesus asks if they're of "little faith".
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:36
    we also have to consider the context in which Paul teached his lessons, Paul was a jew who lived a long time ago.

The lessons could be considered a guide to what he believed was right.
    I agree. But the teachings of Paul are considered canon to most Christians, are they not?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:37
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I agree. But the teachings of Paul are considered canon to most Christians, are they not?
    Generalissimo is perhaps a pix & mix Catholic.
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 14:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Generalissimo is perhaps a pix & mix Catholic.
    and what are you FMF?
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 15:26

probably not.

sex first or marriage? what does it matter if the couple are just dumb-asses
  8. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    27 May '09 16:29

Because their children might be like you?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 May '09 16:32
    Originally posted by Sushill
    still doesn't make any difference if the children are born in wedlock or out
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 16:33
    Originally posted by Sushill
    at least they won't be ignorant a-holes like yourself.
  11. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 May '09 17:12

probably not.

Probably because of Jesus' teachings on the matter.
    I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
    -Matt. 19:9

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
    -Matt. 5:28
  12. Pepperland
    Moves
    27 May '09 17:13
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Probably because of Jesus' teachings on the matter.
    I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."
    -Matt. 19:9

But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
    -Matt. 5:28
    what has that got to do with sex before marriage?
  13. Joined
    18 Dec '06
    Moves
    28 May '09 19:43
    at least they won't be ignorant a-holes like yourself.
    That hurt:'(
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    28 May '09 21:14

probably not.

In my opinion , they wear the shackles of "religion" which is not spirituality.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 May '09 21:37

probably not.

What is it of your concern what Christians are worried about regarding sex? Is it any of your business or anyone elses?

Now as far as Christians promoting a public policy regarding sex, that is another issue altogether. Should Christians expect nonbelievers to understand their beliefs about sex? Why should they?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree