1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 19:23
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=====================================
    It's all in our brains and nowhere else. Science has already shown that. You make a magnetic stimulation of that place in the brain and you instantly feel entities around you, most people think that is the presence of god.
    ============================================

As the Christian grows he lear ...[text shortened]... to predict that the Christ would be born in Bethlehem some 500 years before the event.[/b]
    Hey, they had to pick SOMEBODY. Nothing like a self fulfilling prophecy.

Religion is inside the head. Try reading this piece on transcranial magnetic stimulation:

http://www.erowid.org/tech/devices_article1.shtml

Am curious how you will for sure rationalize it all away.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 22:50
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]===============================
    GOD: "Perfect is what I am and everyone else is not. Ho ho ho."
    ===============================

Don't you think you are loosely and slanderously putting words in the mouth of God to portray your own libelous contempt for God?

If God did not want man to be like Himself why did He create man in His o ...[text shortened]... ion of the universe.

Don't make a caricature of His attitude.[/b]
    That twist in your knickers must really chafe your heiny, Mr. Cranky.

Now, until such time as a theocracy has been established and you rise to the rank of Grand Inquisitor (complete with your own torture chamber and goon squad), I think I'll go on satirizing what the mathematician Paul Erdos often referred to as "The Supreme Fascist".

And buddy, if you ever decide to watch "The Life of Brian" or "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" you better bring a change of knickers. 😉
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 23:031 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    That twist in your knickers must really chafe your heiny, Mr. Cranky.

Now, until such time as a theocracy has been established and you rise to the rank of Grand Inquisitor (complete with your own torture chamber and goon squad), I think I'll go on satirizing what the mathematician Paul Erdos often referred to as "The Supreme Fascist".

And buddy, if y of Brian" or "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" you better bring a change of knickers. 😉
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 01:17
    Only the one worshipping gets anything out of "worshipping".
    Some are predesposed to acting out this sort of recognition of a higher power that they do not understand.
    I dont think it matters what you do, rather the reasons for doing it. If it is to re-inforce dogmatic thinking then it is a poor reason. If it is to cleanse ones mind so one may "see" more clearly, then it is for a good reason. for example.
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Jul '11 09:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Only the one worshipping gets anything out of "worshipping".
    Some are predesposed to acting out this sort of recognition of a higher power that they do not understand.
    I dont think it matters what you do, rather the reasons for doing it. If it is to re-inforce dogmatic thinking then it is a poor reason. If it is to cleanse ones mind so one may "see" more clearly, then it is for a good reason. for example.
    Part of worship is obtaining answers to prayer.
    This 6 part lecture by Derek Prince was good on that.
    No one is more enfluencial on earth then the people whose prayers are able to move the hand of God to accomplish His will.

YouTube&feature=related

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree