1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:101 edit
    First off I saw a sermon today on it.

Jesus is the only one that is alive that has past on.

Praying to Mary or Buddha or to a muslim god or anyone else these people are all dead. The Bible says no to contact the dead. It is like doing a saiyans if you pray to anyone but Jesus.
  2. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:16
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    saiyans
    It's 'seance.'

Just tyring to help, RB.

Buddha has two Ds in it.

Thank you.

3. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:221 edit
    Originally posted by eagles54
    It's 'seance.'

Just tyring to help, RB.

Buddha has two Ds in it.

Thank you.

I truly hope you're just trying to help. If you are, please forgive me for what I'm about to say.

Having poor grammar at times does not make RB less correct than you. Neither does excellent grammar make anyone any more correct than anyone else.
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:261 edit
    Originally posted by Darfius
    I truly hope you're just trying to help. If you are, please forgive me for what I'm about to say.

Having poor grammar at times does not make RB less correct than you. Neither does excellent grammar make anyone any more correct than anyone else.
    I know eagles45 is being Prideful, possible.

5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:33

RB's gift is not spelling for sure, but it does create a distraction in much the same way as if you were to do to a concert and the conductor was dressed casually. You would start to question the interpretation of the music.

But I want to respond in a personal way to this idea. I was reading a blog posted on the internet from the president of a seminary who singled out a woman who I happen to know personally who found for her own personal spiritual pilgrimage that the role of Mary and the reflections upon her were of importance to her personally. Now this woman happens to be a Baptist and is very involved in her congregation and also happens to train ministry students in pastoral care.

The seminary president who singled her out has never talked to her or explored why or how this has deepened her faith. Are you beginning to see the problem here?
  6. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 19:44

I'm honestly trying to help the lad, but as you seem to view me through your own projection of what you feel my true intent is, then I guess any small help is not wanted.

I apologize for not PMing you, RB, to remove the appearance that I'm belittling you publicly. That is certainly not my intention.

7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:01
    Jesus is the only one that is alive that has past on.

Hercules was raised into heaven without dying. So, is it okay to
    pray to him?

The Bible says no to contact the dead.

Where does the Bible say this?

Nemesio
  8. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:23
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    [b]Jesus is the only one that is alive that has past on.

pray to him?

Nemesio[/b]
    Also, lets not forget that Jesus himself contacted the dead when he brought Lazarus back.
  9. Joined
    17 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:27
    Shakyamuni Buddha's teachings are alive and inspirational to many millions, making the world a better place for it. How can he be said to be dead?
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:381 edit
    Originally posted by Starrman
    Also, lets not forget that Jesus himself contacted the dead when he brought Lazarus back.
    He is God and he can do that.

Jesus brought him back yes, but Jesus did not pray to him.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:401 edit

pray to him?

Nemesio[/b]
    Are you suggesting that Hercules could kick Jesus' a**? Who would win in a fight RB, Hercules or Jesus?
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:51

pray to him?

Nemesio[/b]
    Leviticus says not to have Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, so that means you can't have a cutting of a relatives name on you.

=====================

I know it's in the O.T. but I will let you find it for yourself. Because for one thing if you contact the dead you don't know if it is a demon or the person you are trying to contact, but ultimately from a Christian persective we know it's a demon.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 20:551 edit
    Leviticus says not to have Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, so that means you can't have a cutting of a relatives name on you.

=====================

I know it's in the O.T. but I will let you find it for you ...[text shortened]... but ultimately from a Christian persective we know it's a demon.
    Suppose you had a tattoo saying "X loves Mom" and then your Mom died. Would you have to have surgery to have the tattoo of the word "Mom" removed or else you'd be eternally damned?
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 21:10
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Suppose you had a tattoo saying "X loves Mom" and then your Mom died. Would you have to have surgery to have the tattoo of the word "Mom" removed or else you'd be eternally damned?
    No you are eternally doomed for only REJECTING Jesus.

The Bible like I said earlier says not to have tattoos. But lets say if you have one and then you accept Christ git ride of it.
  15. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 21:25
    No you are eternally doomed for only REJECTING Jesus.

The Bible like I said earlier says not to have tattoos. But lets say if you have one and then you accept Christ git ride of it.
    RB, who was the first tatoo artist in the Bible and who was the recipient of the tatoo?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree