Why?

Subscriber667joe
Spirituality 16 Jul '17 19:32
  1. Maryland
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 19:32
    Many people are just barely religious if at all. They don't go to church or read the bible and generally don't even think about religion. If their child announces plans to marry someone of a different faith, however, suddenly religion becomes the most important issue for the parents. (To be fair, not all parents react this way, but many do.) Why?
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 19:51
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Many people are just barely religious if at all. They don't go to church or read the bible and generally don't even think about religion. If their child announces plans to marry someone of a different faith, however, suddenly religion becomes the most important issue for the parents. (To be fair, not all parents react this way, but many do.) Why?
    Perhaps it is the same reason why some guys try to force girls they get pregnant to have an abortion, but decide they need to marry her if she doesn't kill her unborn baby.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 21:16
    If "In God We Trust" is correct - why are there hospitals at all?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Jul '17 23:37
    Groupism.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 03:571 edit
    How would you react if your daughter wanted to marry a Muslim?

The thought of it makes me want to pee my pants and I don't even have daughter.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 05:19
    Originally posted by whodey

Try Depends, a vasectomy, and a condom.
  7. Maryland
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 11:53
    My niece married a Muslim. No problem.
  8. Maryland
    Moves
    17 Jul '17 13:42

Why would you feel bad?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 05:54
    I feel the Spiritual within me. (lame answer? It's best I can put it right now )

Sometimes I even goto churches .. but not for shows 🙂
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 05:55
    My niece married a Muslim. No problem.
    Why would it be a problem?

Damn media!!!
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 05:59
    whodey: How would you react if your daughter wanted to marry a Muslim? The thought of it makes me want to pee my pants and I don't even have daughter.

Why would you feel bad?
    whodey is in a hurry to Make America Great Again and him having to change his pee-sodden pants all the time just means it's going to take him longer. 😛
  12. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 06:55
    Why would you feel bad?
    Some struggle to differentiate between Muslim and terrorist.

I wouldn't mind who my daughter married, as long as she was safe and happy.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 07:02

I'd rather my daughters married atheists but if not one religion is as good/bad as any other.
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '17 10:04
    As long as they are not a conservative...or racist...or homophobic..or a cat lover...or of a weak moral disposition....or a Justin Bieber fan....or use a fidget spinner.....or ride a reclined bicycle...or don't laugh at my jokes.....or have more than 300 friends on facebook....or wear sandles/crocs/slippers.........or work in the 'city'......or keep track of who's round it is.....or complain about political correctness.... or prefer DC to Marvel.....or like to do Karaoke......or enjoy talking about cars......or don't enjoy the work of Wes Anderson...................anything else is fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree